Women's Soccer

Tom81

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I feel good about her sticking because in one of the video interview she talks about wanting to go to university and get a degree in sports management. She then mentioned that she was going to Florida State University.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
UVA is unseeded! Wow!
If seedings hold, I expect us to play Vanderbilt in the 16 and USC (the real one) in the 8.
If seedings hold, we would play TCU in the Semis, although it wouldn't surprise me to see UVA win that bracket and see them in the semis.
Then it should be the winner of UCLA and UNC.
I really like our chances guys.

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
"We've taken (forward/midfielder) Lauren Flynn and (assistant coach) Mike Bristol has spent a lot of time working with her on the defending side and then also on the attacking side. I think that she's made great progress and that it will be hard for any of you to watch and think that she's an inexperienced player. She's a really quick learner and a very good athlete and she brings a lot of great qualities to our backline."

FSU will also be without backup goalkeeper Brooke Bollinger. She is not with the team this semester and will be transferring to Alabama for the fall.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...seed-1-mark-krikorian-college-cup/7279293002/

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Thanks for the link Squiffy!
Very nice.
I saw somewhere that the games will be available at NCAA.com.
The semifinals will be on ESPN2 and the finals on ESPNU.
Good luck Noles and may the best team win!

ParooKid

Gold Member
May 11, 2002
Time to focus on baseball, softball, women's soccer (FSU only), and spring football. We should at very least be thankful that we got to watch this team play in the tournament. Hopefully Scottie comes back, he NEEDS to. His game is not quite ready for the NBA.

Reactions: Seaker42

NoleFreak85

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2003
N. Virginia
www.fsusoftball.com
"We've taken (forward/midfielder) Lauren Flynn and (assistant coach) Mike Bristol has spent a lot of time working with her on the defending side and then also on the attacking side. I think that she's made great progress and that it will be hard for any of you to watch and think that she's an inexperienced player. She's a really quick learner and a very good athlete and she brings a lot of great qualities to our backline."

FSU will also be without backup goalkeeper Brooke Bollinger. She is not with the team this semester and will be transferring to Alabama for the fall.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/s...seed-1-mark-krikorian-college-cup/7279293002/
Glad to finally know what the deal with Brooke was. Wish her the best.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
A very in-tune poster on a UNC thread (Bigsoccer.com) said UNC lost 6 starters from the fall.
I knew about 3 with Taylor Otto and Fox going pro and Maycee Bell being injured.
Losing 6 would be too much for anyone to overcome.

fsufool

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
New Hampshire
www.shaferfinancial.com
Jeebus! I don't know how much the quality of her opponents was in that video, but the girl has blazing speed. Uses both feet and can be physical if necessary. And I wouldn't want to be the keeper who puts hands on some those rockets that she would call shots.
Funny, I was thinking she didn't look like a blazer to me! Short, physical player with a strong leg and good soccer IQ. Just the type of player that is a great fit for FSU. Can stretch the field with her strong leg and is strong enough to get around the corner forcing a defense to lose its shape.

seminoleed

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Dacula, GA
Funny, I was thinking she didn't look like a blazer to me! Short, physical player with a strong leg and good soccer IQ. Just the type of player that is a great fit for FSU. Can stretch the field with her strong leg and is strong enough to get around the corner forcing a defense to lose its shape.

When I watched it, she appeared to blow past and distance herself from multiple players, which is why I wondered about the quality of her opponents. Regardless, she's a player.

Reactions: fsufool

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
She is the youngest player ever to get a call up to the full national team in Canada, so I think it's safe to say she has played some top level competition.
We have a real good one in her.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Kristen may have a career in broadcast journalism.
She has a very charismatic demeanor, a wonderful smile and an engaging personality.
One of my favorite Noles!
She is a bulldog on the field, tenacious, tough and skilled.

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
We're on a 1 week and counting.
I see no possible way of losing the first game.
The 2nd game will probably be the winner of Penn St and Vandy which will
require focus.
The 3rd game will be dangerous IMO. Assuming USC, Hocking and McKeown are
players that start anywhere including FSU. They are stud attacking players.
USC is an excellent counter-attacking team. Dangerous.
If we win, then we'd likely play one of the following 4, TCU, WVU, BYU or UVA in the
Semis of the CC.
Then, unless I miss my guess, it would be UCLA in the finals. UNC has just lost too many players
IMO to beat us, but stranger things have happened, like the Miami game in 18.
Go Noles!

ParooKid

Gold Member
May 11, 2002
There will be no stopping this team. Go Noles.

squiffynole

Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee
Well we play Milwaukee at noon on Saturday. Live stream.
I'll be so glad to finally see them play another college team.
They seem to be defensively oriented, coach has a very successful record-

The 2020 season will be the sixth for Troy Fabiano as the Milwaukee women’s soccer coach.

Fabiano continues to impress each year, compiling a record of 73-12-12 while claiming five straight Horizon League regular-season titles
on the strength of a 40-1-4 mark in league play. That .933 winning percentage in conference play also includes a Horizon League record 33-game unbeaten streak (30-0-3), a span that marks the longest active streak in the NCAA that the Panthers will take into play in 2020. The last time MKE fell in a regular-season league match came in September of 2016. The team also carries an active 31-match (29-0-2) unbeaten streak at home in regular-season play.

His 73 victories are the most-ever for a Milwaukee head coach in their first five seasons, easily outdistancing the former high-water mark of 60.

The first Horizon League field boss to be named Coach of the Year five times in a row (Notre Dame's Chris Petricelli was the only other to reach four straight from 1991 to 1994), Fabiano led the Panthers to a 17-2-1 ledger in 2019, including an unbeaten 8-0-1 mark in conference play and a school-record 11-consecutive victories. The campaign culminated in a Horizon League Tournament championship and the program’s 13th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.

NoleFreak85

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2003
N. Virginia
www.fsusoftball.com
They seem to be defensively oriented, coach has a very successful record-

The 2020 season will be the sixth for Troy Fabiano as the Milwaukee women’s soccer coach.

Fabiano continues to impress each year, compiling a record of 73-12-12 while claiming five straight Horizon League regular-season titles
on the strength of a 40-1-4 mark in league play. That .933 winning percentage in conference play also includes a Horizon League record 33-game unbeaten streak (30-0-3), a span that marks the longest active streak in the NCAA that the Panthers will take into play in 2020. The last time MKE fell in a regular-season league match came in September of 2016. The team also carries an active 31-match (29-0-2) unbeaten streak at home in regular-season play.

His 73 victories are the most-ever for a Milwaukee head coach in their first five seasons, easily outdistancing the former high-water mark of 60.

The first Horizon League field boss to be named Coach of the Year five times in a row (Notre Dame's Chris Petricelli was the only other to reach four straight from 1991 to 1994), Fabiano led the Panthers to a 17-2-1 ledger in 2019, including an unbeaten 8-0-1 mark in conference play and a school-record 11-consecutive victories. The campaign culminated in a Horizon League Tournament championship and the program’s 13th appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
So a 1-1-8 formation is what we can expect then? ;)

Tom81

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Our side of the bracket just got easier.
USC lost in PKs to Ole Miss.
The more dangerous side lost.
Soccer is cruel. Heck UCLA almost lost to Iowa, who came into the tourney
with a losing record. They got in by winning the Big 10 tourney.
Assuming a win over Milwaukee, we play the winner of PSU and Vandy.
The only ranked team left on the other side is Duke!
Go Noles!

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
I can’t help but be a bit nervous for this first match. Milwaukee is a solid squad, however not top tier. As mentioned however, soccer can be a funny game.

Hell, who am I kidding? Roll Noles!!!

Reactions: NoleLizards

billanole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 5, 2005
I'm a little nervous too (and have missed your posts).
Howdy squiffster! I hope you are well. I have missed posting here. We need your scientific abilities to solve a mystery.

I am getting mixed signals about today’s match. Theacc.com mentions 3:00. Seminoles.com says 12:00. NCAA site says 4:00 GMT.
Is GMT referring to Greenwich Mean Time? GMT is 4=hours ahead of EST, which is the tourney site in NC’s time Zone. So, 4:00 pm minus 4 hours equals 12:00 or noon. Correct?
Anybody got the scoop?

Reactions: squiffynole

NoleLizards

Jul 23, 2004
I am getting mixed signals about today’s match. Theacc.com mentions 3:00. Seminoles.com says 12:00. NCAA site says 4:00 GMT.
Is GMT referring to Greenwich Mean Time? GMT is 4=hours ahead of EST, which is the tourney site in NC’s time Zone. So, 4:00 pm minus 4 hours equals 12:00 or noon. Correct?
Anybody got the scoop?
The ESPNU scoreboard is showing noon.