ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer

squiffynole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Sep 19, 2005
Tallahassee

Orlando Pride Host FSU in Preseason Match​

March 5, 2022 - National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) - Orlando Pride News Release

ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando Pride hosted its second-to-last preseason scrimmage on Saturday morning, welcoming reigning NCAA champion Florida State University to the Orlando Health Training Ground at Sylvan Lake Park. After a 0-0 draw against Kansas City Current on Wednesday, the Pride unveiled a heavily rotated lineup this weekend, ultimately falling to the Seminoles.

Thanks Squiffy. They certainly didn't give any details. While they had a heavily rotated lineup, I'm positive that we were still missing, Flynn, Olivia Smith and Justus to U20 duties. I'm not sure about Heather Payne. I believe (don't know) that Brown and Nesbeth (saw her picture) were back.

Reactions: squiffynole
Thanks Squiffy. They certainly didn't give any details. While they had a heavily rotated lineup, I'm positive that we were still missing, Flynn, Olivia Smith and Justus to U20 duties. I'm not sure about Heather Payne. I believe (don't know) that Brown and Nesbeth (saw her picture) were back.
It's interesting how off season practice games have evolved into a regular thing for baseball, softball, soccer and this weekend indoor volleyball when three teams came to Tully.

FNLXZBeWUAc5aX-

FNLXZBeWUAILOVU

FNLXZBoXsAIDg2A

FNG45W-XoAMN1rW

FNLXZCZWYAUV_Ed

Reactions: Noles61
Lauren Flynn and Mia Justus played with the U20 team that just won the Concacaf Cup beating Mexico 2-0.
Pavlisko and Nighswonger are both playing U23 against some NWSL teams.

Reactions: squiffynole
Did pavlisko replace Madril for the u23 tournament? Is Madril‘s injury serious?
Don't know.
I did hear that Pav and Madril left the 2nd Racing Louisville game with knocks. The poster didn't
seem to think it was serious.
Have you heard anything?
Madril is among the most important players on our team.

Don't know.
I did hear that Pav and Madril left the 2nd Racing Louisville game with knocks. The poster didn't
seem to think it was serious.
Have you heard anything?
Madril is among the most important players on our team.
I read that pavlisko was added late to U23 as an injury replacement just prior to the Thorns preseason tournament. I then noticed that Madril was no longer listed on the roster. I was just making an assumption that she may have been injured but hopefully that is not the case. Thanks

Reactions: billanole
Small but nice.

Jena Nighswonger threw the honorary first pitch at Saturday's baseball game - lefty, definitely an off speed arm. A number of team members were present to enjoy the show.

Jaelin Howell has been called up to the USWNT again, this time for April camp that includes games on April 9 and 15.
She looked good in her last USWNT games..............she is going to be a long term solution for the team at the holding MF position in a few years. It will be interesting if she is used as more of an offensive player going forward too.

Are you suggesting he is the reason for this?

From afar I think our new AD is doing a great job so far.
Not specifically perhaps, but this and the women's basketball coaching "search" doesn't inspire much confidence. Must just must be me then.

Are you suggesting he is the reason for this?

From afar I think our new AD is doing a great job so far.
I don't know.
I'll wait to see what Mark does before passing judgment.
That said, Mark made a huge point at the press conference after our recent natty
about how the team took planes, trains and automobiles to get there, but thankfully
the department saw fit to charter a plane for the return trip.
I read between the lines that he was not happy with the support for such things.
If Mark goes to another university, I will absolutely blame Alford!
I blame him for hiring Brooke Wyckoff instead of a proven coach at some level!
Alford may well be doing some things very well, but hiring Brooke and now losing Mark are huge
black marks in my book!

I don't know.
I'll wait to see what Mark does before passing judgment.
That said, Mark made a huge point at the press conference after our recent natty
about how the team took planes, trains and automobiles to get there, but thankfully
the department saw fit to charter a plane for the return trip.
I read between the lines that he was not happy with the support for such things.
If Mark goes to another university, I will absolutely blame Alford!
I blame him for hiring Brooke Wyckoff instead of a proven coach at some level!
Alford may well be doing some things very well, but hiring Brooke and now losing Mark are huge
black marks in my book!
Sounded like he was looking for another challenge - something other than college soccer

Reactions: jgking83
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

First Gene.Then Sue. Now Mark.

That's it. No one else is allowed to leave. And that means you Leonard.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Here are the current open jobs...can't see him going to any of these:

San Jose State (2/6)
Lamar (2/9)
LIU (2/17)
Sam Houston State (3/2)
Grambling State (3/14)
Holy Cross (3/14)
UNC Charlotte (3/15)
Arkansas Little Rock (3/18)

I think Eric Bell should be considered. There is a red flag. He had some issues with complaints against him
early on. I don't know the details, but it should be vetted thoroughly. I would personally talk to ex players and
see what they have to say.
Mark's legacy is too precious to fool around with.
I was against hiring within in the basketball program and the baseball program, because both programs had been a steady decline for several years. They were still good, but not elite. I would have done a real national search for those openings.
While I'm not opposed to a national search for our next soccer coach, I would strongly consider Mike Bristol.
If you are going to take an assistant to be your next coach, let it be an assistant from an uber-successful program.
Mike fits that! He knows exactly how Mark ran his program professionally. I believe he was Mark's recruiting coordinator.
I would not object to him.
Of course our administration has a tendency to get things 'bass ackwards'!
JMHO

I think Eric Bell should be considered. There is a red flag. He had some issues with complaints against him
early on. I don't know the details, but it should be vetted thoroughly. I would personally talk to ex players and
I was against hiring within in the basketball program and the baseball program, because both programs had been a steady decline for several years. They were still good, but not elite. I would have done a real national search for those openings.
While I'm not opposed to a national search for our next soccer coach, I would strongly consider Mike Bristol.
If you are going to take an assistant to be your next coach, let it be an assistant from an uber-successful program.
Mike fits that! He knows exactly how Mark ran his program professionally. I believe he was Mark's recruiting coordinator.
JMHO
Mike and Eric quickly came to mind. Erica Dambach as well…
I can’t really think of other current NCAA coaches with ties to the program. It seems that most of the top tier coaches I would prefer are older or settled into place, such as Swanson at UVA.

Safe to say the new AD is off to a disastrous start, at least in the woman's sports side. Womens sports have been the shining light for a long time, baseball always blows it and we know where we are with football, basketball did have a nice run recently. Let us hope no other womens coaches leave FSU.

Looks like he was forced out. Members of the team are posting their support for him on instagram stories and they're wishing him the best luck while saying they are disappointed how things played out. This is a horrible look to force out one of the best coaches in the country during their prime.

Reactions: nole2soul
Looks like he was forced out. Members of the team are posting their support for him on instagram stories and they're wishing him the best luck while saying they are disappointed how things played out. This is a horrible look to force out one of the best coaches in the country during their prime.
And I fear that a number of our great players may also be making moves before next season.

And I fear that a number of our great players may also be making moves before next season.
All this speculation is not helpful in my mind. I am just going to wait until the real story comes out before I make any judgements. If he was either forced out or was not given some needed resources then I say throw the rascals out.

FORCED OUT?!?!? How/why and by whom??????

All this speculation is not helpful in my mind. I am just going to wait until the real story comes out before I make any judgements. If he was either forced out or was not given some needed resources then I say throw the rascals out.
I'm all for torches and pitchforks on this one. 😠

FORCED OUT?!?!? How/why and by whom??????
There has been speculation that some onerous new strictures were going to be put in place (like curtailing international travel recruiting) thereby forcing the parting of a Coach who was unlikely to agree with that approach. . We will see.

• Sad
Reactions: NoleLizards
JMHO
I’d be surprised if Eric Bell comes into a situation where his mentor parted on questionable terms.

Frankly, I’d be surprised if any proven coach steps into a role where one of the most respected coaches in the country walked away from a team returning 10 starters from a national championship team with four months until the season started.
I certainly wouldn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT