ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

All Regional and Super Regional site 'must' have the stipulated # of cameras to host. So if FSU does not today they will in three weeks. Remember replay needs more than 3 cameras and thus more crews to work them properly, not a fixed view and no zoom. Training cameramen takes time and experience. This is all necessary to have good replay. We have seen the same angle replayed but replay involves more camera, more angles, more zoom and ability to sync two or more views. In not as easy as MLB or NFL and times they don't get it all.

Will see how it works during Regionals. Pittsburg hosting the ACC Tournament should be required to have the same set up (for practice) even if it is not officially used.

Reactions: ranger43
The way I saw it, the attempted catch of the high and wide throw would have taken the catcher directly into the base path of the runner - resulting in the call - had she caught it - but she didn't - and she walked off knowing they had lost.

Reactions: c691027
The way I saw it, the attempted catch of the high and wide throw would have taken the catcher directly into the base path of the runner - resulting in the call - had she caught it - but she didn't - and she walked off knowing they had lost.
Sid banged her head on the catcher's shin guard. The exact purpose of the rule.

I don't know Kerr, but I suspect she's very frustrated with herself.
She has great potential. Hopefully by next year, her legs/knees will be
back to normal and she can go.
She just needs to learn the strike zone.
I think that is something that CAN be taught!
She's a very good center fielder. Runs well to fly balls. Knee doesn't look like a problem out there.

She's a very good center fielder. Runs well to fly balls. Knee doesn't look like a problem out there.
No disrespect, but she is a very subpar CFer. Her catch last night which was a good catch was probably her best of the season. She is not a 'very good center fielder'.
She may be an extremely nice person, but not even a good CFer and not a very good batter. She has horrible pitch selection when swinging.
Is the knee hampering her physically and or mentally? Maybe.

The way Jahni misjudges fly balls and her 32:6 strikeout to walk ratio makes me wonder if she has vision problems.
Once you are injured in the lower torso area (including and especially leg injuries ) your swing plane is likely affected (the same swing plane you have relied on for about 10 years of Softball). I would hope this can be fixed with work. The loss of movement issues are likely to be very problematic if not impossible to fix without some major work on speed drills and range of motion drills- body and mass structure are likely to need some adjustment-- for many this is a lot of effort on a already weakened structure-- I said from the beginning it would be ideal if she could work on these issues without the need to have the pressure of performing every night-- The brace does not help with these issues in my mind . JMHO

Reactions: jgking83
Both Jahni and Hallie are coming off ACL sxs, so I know they aren't 100% either physically or mentally.
Both should be better next year physically, but I'm not sure you can go from an awkward looking CFer to a good CFer in one year.

That said, I'm impressed with how Lonni is handling the pitching staff. She continues to give Emma chances and she actually looked good against OSU. Maybe, just maybe she will get it together and become a reliable contributor.
It would be easier on Lonni and on us if a ready-made pitcher transfers in this offseason.
A stud OFer, A stud pitcher and a stud 3B would fulfill my wishes.

Top 25 Prediction for Monday

1. OU 45 - 1 (3 - 0 )
2. VT 39 - 6 (3 - 0 )
3.. FSU 45 - 5 ( 2 - 0 )
4. Arkansas 39 - 8 (4 - 0 )
5. UCLA 39 - 6 (3 -1 )
6. Northwestern 38 - 7 (4 - 0)
7. Washington 32 - 11 (4 - 0)
8. Oklahoma State 38 - 9 ( 0 - 2 )
9. Alabama 39 - 9 (0 - 1)
10. Duke 36 - 7 (no games)
11. Florida 38 - 13 ( 3 - 1 )
12. Arizona State 35 - 7 (3 - 0 )
13. Tennessee 34 - 14 (0-1 so far)
14. Kentucky 33-15 (3 - 1)
15. Texas 35-15-1 (3 - 0)
16. UCF 42 - 11 ((3 - 0)

Reactions: jdogg_20_8
It’s been an exciting year for FSU Softball and the Noles are looking to make another WCWS run. The NCAA is scheduled to announce the Softball National Seeds and Regional Host sites on Sunday, May 15th. In preparation, we are now taking NCAA Regional and Super Regional requests from all season ticket holders. However, prior to placing your request please be aware of the following:
· This is a request and does not guarantee fulfillment. We will utilize the FSU Ticket Priority Policy (Click Here for details) to fulfill as many requests as possible.
· We are taking requests for both Regionals and Super Regionals at this time. You may request just Regionals, just Supers or both.
· The request deadline is 5pm on May 11th.
· Customers will be notified whether we are able to fulfill their request on the afternoon of Thursday May 12th.
· All customers will be limited to a request of up to 6 reserved seats and 8 Standing Room Only seats.
· We will attempt to place season ticket holders in their same seat locations as the regular season. Some seat locations may have to be adjusted due to NCAA seating requirements. In those cases, we will place requests as close as possible to regular season locations.
· All-session Softball Regional Passes will be $27 for reserved and $20 for SRO/Berm.
· All-session Softball Super Regional Passes will be $30 for reserved and $25 for SRO/Berm

· Your credit card will not be charged unless FSU is selected as a host site and we are able to fulfill your order.

I take all the bad things I have ever said about little Kerr back. She can go 0-60, drop an easy fly ball, and let a few balls go over her head, and she will still be aces with me. What she did tonight will go down in gader-FSU lore for years to come. She did the one thing that will endure forever....beat the gaders, and she did it in spectacular fashion. 💋🥀🍎❤️💕

I take all the bad things I have ever said about little Kerr back. She can go 0-60, drop an easy fly ball, and let a few balls go over her head, and she will still be aces with me. What she did tonight will go down in gader-FSU lore for years to come. She did the one thing that will endure forever....beat the gaders, and she did it in spectacular fashion. 💋🥀🍎❤️💕
Jahni Kerr and Alex Powers have something in common -

I just noticed that VT doesn't have another game until the ACC tourney. They'll have time to rest up before they have to play their next game late next week.
We still have to play NCST this weekend.
We will have played 54 games to their 46. Wonder if that helps or hurts us?

Reactions: ParooKid
I just noticed that VT doesn't have another game until the ACC tourney. They'll have time to rest up before they have to play their next game late next week.
We still have to play NCST this weekend.
We will have played 54 games to their 46. Wonder if that helps or hurts us?
I say you stay hot with momentum!

Anyone know what the symbol was down the first baseline? It looked like a white RP in a white circle. Didn't know what it was in reference too and don't know if anything was said on the broadcast.

Maybe it was for the catcher from James Madison that sadly committed suicide.

We thought that. But not her initials. So then thought maybe it said RIP.

I watched the the first two games of the OU/OSU series.

To beat OU you must get a lead early and make them press. If you get behind forget about it. They are that good. OSU couldn’t do anything with them. They have tremendous power and can blow open a game anytime, but that is why I say you have to score early on them or it could be over.

That is the only team that I am thinking we can't beat in a three game series. Powerful, long, lean, fast, and strong. Also, they are very confident within themselves, play great defense and hit with regularity. They will be playing at home before a great home crowd. Throw in a super pitching staff and there you have it.

If it was one game I would like our chances. Two is a near impossibile task. They are really good. But, I remain confident we can stay with them until we can't

Reactions: TexanNole
I watched the the first two games of the OU/OSU series.

To beat OU you must get a lead early and make them press. If you get behind forget about it. They are that good. OSU couldn’t do anything with them. They have tremendous power and can blow open a game anytime, but that is why I say you have to score early on them or it could be over.
I'd add that we can't walk anyone or commit errors. Have to play very clean to beat a team like that. We also need to hit very well, which is something we've been inconsistent with.

Reactions: TexanNole
OSU has helped OU in both games. Tonight should have had an out on runner at third/or 2nd but the FC wound up loading the bases then double drove in 3. You cannot give good teams extra outs. If FSU can win out and get the #2 seed then most likely VT falls to #4 in the OU bracked and not FSU. Gotta make your own breaks.

Tonight # 4 Arkansas lost to unranked TAMU, #5 UCLA lost #11 ASU, #6 OSU lost to #1 OU, #7 Norhwestern lost to unranked Minnesota, #8 Alabama lost to unranked Missouri, #9 Washington lost to unranked Utah.

Looking Better for FSU if we can take care of business.

OSU has helped OU in both games. Tonight should have had an out on runner at third/or 2nd but the FC wound up loading the bases then double drove in 3. You cannot give good teams extra outs. If FSU can win out and get the #2 seed then most likely VT falls to #4 in the OU bracked and not FSU. Gotta make your own breaks.

Tonight # 4 Arkansas lost to unranked TAMU, #5 UCLA lost #11 ASU, #6 OSU lost to #1 OU, #7 Norhwestern lost to unranked Minnesota, #8 Alabama lost to unranked Missouri, #9 Washington lost to unranked Utah.

Looking Better for FSU if we can take care of business.
Good win, on to the next one.

Duke might get #8 if NW, Ala, Washington keep having losses.

ASU and Wash play next weekend too.

It's time to end the Emma Wilson experiment. This is on Lonni, not on Emma.
She's just not FSU quality. Neither is Enter!
Lonni, put more time into recruiting more top rated pitchers, not projects!
I've said it before, FSU should get a top 5 national pitcher at least every other year!

It's time to end the Emma Wilson experiment. This is on Lonni, not on Emma.
She's just not FSU quality. Neither is Enter!
Lonni, put more time into recruiting more top rated pitchers, not projects!
I've said it before, FSU should get a top 5 national pitcher at least every other year!
Totally agree. This is on Lonni. But why haven’t top pitchers since Kat wanted to come here? How hard have we tried to get them?
Gotta get Wilson time on the field to develop her
If you have been given a great shot but, after 2 seasons, you are still the same project . . . I agree with Tom, if Coacha had put the same amount of time into recruiting a top pitcher as she has trying to develop the projects she brings in . . .

Reactions: FletchCC and Tom81
Coacha is working on developing her prayers, did you see all the substitutes? She understands they have to get opportunities. Wilson did better her last two outings, yes is a work in process.

She stated earlier she would be happy getting 1 or two innings out of Wilson or Enter.

Win games and get players experience. I like it

Reactions: Noles61
This weeks game review of Top 12

1 Oklahoma 48-1 3-0 No. 6 Oklahoma State; W 7-1, W 6-0, W 5-3
2 Virginia Tech 40-6 1-0 Liberty W 13-9
3 Florida State 49-5 4-0 No. 12 Florida W 2-1, NC State; W 3-1, W 10-6, W 8-4
4 Arkansas 41-9 2-1 Texas A&M; L 6-5, W 7-3, W 9-5
5 UCLA 40-8 1-2 No. 11 Arizona State; L 6-1, W 9-3, L 6-3
6 Oklahoma State 38-12 0-3 No. 1 Oklahoma; L 7-1, L 6-0, L 5-3
7 Northwestern 39-9 1-2 Minnesota; L 8-0, L 8-0, W 3-1
8 Alabama 41-10 2-1 Missouri; L 3-2, W 3-1, W 3-1
9 Washington 34-13 2-2 Utah Valley W 9-1, Utah; L 5-2, L 4-3, W 5-1
10 Duke 40-7 4-0 Campbell W 12-2, Pitt; W 9-1, W 3-2, W 6-1
11 Arizona State 37-8 2-1 No. 5 UCLA; W 6-1, L 9-3, W 6-3
12 Florida 41-15 3-2 No. 3 Florida State L 2-1, Mercer; W 8-3, W 2-0, FGCU; W 8-0, L 3-2

ADVERTISEMENT