ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

This quote from the Harp article is so true!
“She covers a lot of ground. She’s tall, and she not slow by any means. She’s got some speed to her, which definitely helps. She also reads the ball really well, so that in and of itself is more important than actual speed, being able to read the ball and know where it’s going to land."

This quote from the Harp article is so true!
“She covers a lot of ground. She’s tall, and she not slow by any means. She’s got some speed to her, which definitely helps. She also reads the ball really well, so that in and of itself is more important than actual speed, being able to read the ball and know where it’s going to land."

Something that our current CF is not capable of doing. Perhaps, in this off season she has worked on the problem, though.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Hopefully FALL season with see alot of competition and may the best prevail.

Coaches will make the right decisions for TEAM chemistry, not always the most talented individual player, but how they fit within the team. May not play in their regular position, but completes the puzzle.

Coaches will make the right decisions for TEAM chemistry, not always the most talented individual player, but how they fit within the team. May not play in their regular position, but completes the puzzle.
I could not disagree more. Coaches who want to win play the best players. Play who hits and makes great defensive plays. I played a lot of malcontents who had great talent but who could be disruptive if I let it. The job is integrating those types and getting the best out of them and not tolerating disruption. Without them I would have lost a lot more games. It is the Coaches job to play the best players and create the team chemistry from the players who are on the team. JMHO

Reactions: roadtrip72
Yes. I'll probably hang with this for awhile and see if it is worth having all 3.
I already have WC and 247.

Yes. I'll probably hang with this for awhile and see if it is worth having all 3.
I already have WC and 247.
The new (or old as you may be aware of their history) guys at the Osceola are really good so I may keep that. I never got enamored with 247.

Tom, is 247 worth it? I'm interested in it.
When it comes to football recruiting, they are excellent. They have lots of videos
stories for football. Chris Nee is very good!
I do get tired of many of their posters complaining about Gene and WC!
No place has an active 'sports message board' like the old Warchant that I've seen.

Reactions: ParooKid
I have decided to give Jerry and The Osceola group a chance for a few months, in addition to Gene. Why? I am hopeful The Osceola will give those of us who like women sports at FSU greater coverage. Gene has been such a diehard on his position for years, I am open to hearing from the new (not really) guy in town.

Reactions: FLSnole
Good news is you have time to evaluate both, at least until subscription runs out.

I too look forward to Jerry and his team. Subscribed to the Osceola back in the 80's. Only way when outside of Tallahassee living in Alabama, one could keep up the FSU Football. I still have a copy of the March 13, 1987 issue announcing "Project SBI - What Dreams Are Made Of.' Really interesting to what the dreams was and what the dream looks like now.

Good news is you have time to evaluate both, at least until subscription runs out.

I too look forward to Jerry and his team. Subscribed to the Osceola back in the 80's. Only way when outside of Tallahassee living in Alabama, one could keep up the FSU Football. I still have a copy of the March 13, 1987 issue announcing "Project SBI - What Dreams Are Made Of.' Really interesting to what the dreams was and what the dream looks like now.
Ditto. The mail people were always curious why I wanted to know when my Osceola was getting here. :)

Reactions: ParooKid
I believe September 1 is the day we can offer the next class. I am hoping for at least 2 of them I am interested in. We will see.

Last edited:
I'm assuming she went in the portal. Maybe to much competition at catcher. I thought she would have been a good dh option.

Interesting. Extra Innings does not list her in the Portal but hasn't the deadline come and gone for that anyway?

The question has previously been posted that we had four players out of 22 on the roster listed at catcher. Madi Frey is coming in as the 73rd ranked player, 29th ranked catcher, and would have been the FIFTH catcher on the roster. Katie Bright came in last year as the 26th overall player. When Katie played last season, it was usually defensively in the last inning. Let's face it, we have our starting catcher for the next 3 years. Why do we need 5 catchers? Katie probably asked the same thing. Our recruiting and portal work recently??? Not much to celebrate in the off season.

One good thing I noticed on our new roster is that Kaleigh Rafter is with us another year. That's huge. I like her presence out there and I can only think think she makes our catchers better.

Interesting. Extra Innings does not list her in the Portal but hasn't the deadline come and gone for that anyway?

The question has previously been posted that we had four players out of 22 on the roster listed at catcher. Madi Frey is coming in as the 73rd ranked player, 29th ranked catcher, and would have been the FIFTH catcher on the roster. Katie Bright came in last year as the 26th overall player. When Katie played last season, it was usually defensively in the last inning. Let's face it, we have our starting catcher for the next 3 years. Why do we need 5 catchers? Katie probably asked the same thing. Our recruiting and portal work recently??? Not much to celebrate in the off season.

One good thing I noticed on our new roster is that Kaleigh Rafter is with us another year. That's huge. I like her presence out there and I can only think think she makes our catchers better.
Very Interesting. I printed out the roster 2 weeks ago and Bright was on it (there were 23 names and 4 catchers- Lo, Frey, Edenfield, Bright). Ranger ? Where are you getting 5? I speculated then that Lo coming back would take reps from Bright and that would not go over so well. If Coacha has told Bright that Lo would get a chance to get her old job back and take reps from her then she may have made a decision to go elsewhere (and you don't have to do the portal to just leave and seek a job elsewhere-) she may have thought she was going to be the back up and when she was advised otherwise she just decided to vote with her feet. She may have to sit out somewhere but have a better chance at a job eventually elsewhere. I think she was the second best catcher on the roster but that is just my opinion. The roster is significantly reduced (from 27 to 22 of which 7 are Pitchers and 3 are catchers-- ) and we lost 1 key back up (BB) -- 1 possible quality replacement (Landers) and pinch runners who did contribute (Saabye/Riggs -who both played well in the Summer leagues)- We are short on OF (only have 5 listed as Ross is listed as INF) and Pinch runners in my mind-- but hey I am just a fan- we will see.

Reactions: roadtrip72
Very Interesting. I printed out the roster 2 weeks ago and Bright was on it (there were 23 names and 4 catchers- Lo, Frey, Edenfield, Bright). Ranger ? Where are you getting 5? I speculated then that Lo coming back would take reps from Bright and that would not go over so well. If Coacha has told Bright that Lo would get a chance to get her old job back and take reps from her then she may have made a decision to go elsewhere (and you don't have to do the portal to just leave and seek a job elsewhere-) she may have thought she was going to be the back up and when she was advised otherwise she just decided to vote with her feet. She may have to sit out somewhere but have a better chance at a job eventually elsewhere. I think she was the second best catcher on the roster but that is just my opinion. The roster is significantly reduced (from 27 to 22 of which 7 are Pitchers and 3 are catchers-- ) and we lost 1 key back up (BB) -- 1 possible quality replacement (Landers) and pinch runners who did contribute (Saabye/Riggs -who both played well in the Summer leagues)- We are short on OF (only have 5 listed as Ross is listed as INF) and Pinch runners in my mind-- but hey I am just a fan- we will see

Sorry, I miscounted.
That's OK :) - I thought I missed something. It was confusing where to put Players like Culp. It also was a little perplexing on Leo- but I just put her in both spots(P and INF) I think Keen will be given the chance to take the 1B job so Coacha can have Leo work in relief and DEP. Key dates coming soon. Current roster seems set and will challenge this coaching staff with reduced options ( I know sometimes that is a good thing but the pinch runner thing is worrisome for our run game and if our lineup gets a slow start offensively their just isn't much possible relief from the bench-- unless some freshmen contribute more than I think they will). JMHO

TOS reported a tweet from TC saying welcome to Tally re: a commitment.
Nee didn't report the name, but said she was a gatorade POTY in that state.
Townole? Anyone?

TOS reported a tweet from TC saying welcome to Tally re: a commitment.
Nee didn't report the name, but said she was a gatorade POTY in that state.
Townole? Anyone?
I know Danley was a Gatorade POY for last year but she is already committed and expected to sign in November. . The only other Gatorade POY (2024) I knew we were recruiting was Francik but I have not see a commitment from her (but I have been looking for one- highly coveted at my house).

keep your ear to the ground.
Frankly I have been a bit confused. We have offered several after the date (9-1) we were allowed to and some of them were ones I thought would jump aboard right away- but to date I have seen none. There are some who camped with us and I thought would be the first ones on commit watch . I have seen all of them play and they are all the real deal and would elevate our recruit room immensely. JMHO - We will see. Addendum- reading between the lines i am going with Jazzy.

Jasmine "Jazzy" Francik - 2024 RHP
@JazzFrancik2024

Last edited:
I saw the tweet about the young lady committing to FSU, and googled her to see some stats out of curiosity

Impressive doesn't begin to describe the pitching stats for last year - averaged almost 2 strikeouts per inning--wow

Pitching Measurables

Top Speed: 68 MPH (Fastball)
Average Speed: 65 MPH (Fastball)
Curveball RPM: 2700 – RPS: 45.0
Riseball RPM: 2700 – RPS: 45.0
Screwball RPM: 2460 – RPS: 41.0
SPIN RATES MEASURED BY REVFIRE

2022 High School Stats

PITCHING
-IP: 129.2
-Wins: 19
-K’s: 251
-ERA: 0.16 (3)
-Runs: 5
-BB: 19
-Opponent BA: 0.075
-NH: 4
-PG: 2
HITTING
-AVG: .306
-RBI’s: 9
Maxpreps Stats

According to her Twitter feed Katie Dack, a power hitting C and LF from Texas A&M is transferring to FSU following her Freshman season. Looks like a great addition!

Last edited:
That helps with hitting depth and proven catching depth.
Those numbers put her in the power category for FSU hitting.
If she can build on that, it would be great.
I assume she is eligible for the spring.
She batted .303.

Last edited:
Reactions: ranger43
20220120_SB_PHOTO_DAY_STRIPES_0979.jpg

Former Texas A&M catcher Katie Dack is transferring to Florida State, she announced on Monday night.

“I’m so excited and honored to announce my commitment to Florida State Softball, where I will continue my education and softball career!” Dack wrote on Twitter. “So thankful for this opportunity!”
Dack entered the portal in early September after spending her freshman season as an Aggie. During her true freshman campaign in 2022, Dack saw time at multiple positions, including catcher; left field; and designated player.

The Colorado native finished her rookie year with thirteen home runs and 40 RBIs; both numbers ranked second among Aggie hitters. She also earned Second Team All-SEC and Third Team All-Region honors after the season.

I would be fine with that IF she is a good 3B. We have been spoiled over the years here at 3B., My post above was copied from her extra innings profile and report on her transfer.

Reactions: bryanscho
Profile on TAMU site has her as C/3B. Sids replacement?
I just went onto A&M's schedule and pulled up about 80% of the boxscores.
She played a large majority of her games as either the LF or DP. A few games she played C part of the game.
I never saw her listed at 3B. Then again, I didn't check about 10 games.

She played a large majority of her games as either the LF or DP. A few games she played C part of the game.
Got it. That's a welcomed bat no matter where she plays.

Reactions: Noles61
I saw the tweet about the young lady committing to FSU, and googled her to see some stats out of curiosity

Impressive doesn't begin to describe the pitching stats for last year - averaged almost 2 strikeouts per inning--wow

Pitching Measurables

Top Speed: 68 MPH (Fastball)
Average Speed: 65 MPH (Fastball)
Curveball RPM: 2700 – RPS: 45.0
Riseball RPM: 2700 – RPS: 45.0
Screwball RPM: 2460 – RPS: 41.0
SPIN RATES MEASURED BY REVFIRE

2022 High School Stats

PITCHING
-IP: 129.2
-Wins: 19
-K’s: 251
-ERA: 0.16 (3)
-Runs: 5
-BB: 19
-Opponent BA: 0.075
-NH: 4
-PG: 2
HITTING
-AVG: .306
-RBI’s: 9
Maxpreps Stats

Having seen her pitch her speed is elite but the real strength is her spin- she can spin it.

I think Hartley will be give the opportunity at 3b - we will see if she can pull a Mudge and just take the position over.

ADVERTISEMENT