ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

GwinnettNole

Seminole Insider
Sep 4, 2001
Every year Jennifer Portman of the Tallahassee Democrat does an update on the man who went missing, 17 years ago now. I suspect foul play, as do most people but it has never been put together because questions about Mike Williams didn’t start until years later. His mother kept pushing for an investigation..

Meanwhile, Brian Winchester (the guy who was Mike’s best friend that married Mike’s widow) gets arrested for attempted murder last year of the widowed wife. Crazy story. Many people think Brian is guilty and the article today points out that he could get his sentence lessoned if he spills the beans on Mike.

I used to work with Mike while I was in high school at Food Lion in Killearn. He was a good man and it’s a shame folks cannot get closure on my friends death.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...iams-missing-17-years-and-counting/955309001/

Crazy story. First I heard of it. To clarify, are you saying if he confesses to murder he'll get his attempted murder charges reduced?

Yes, that is the thought or at least give some info on what happened to Mike

That seems like a poor deal for mike.

As I read it, they have no idea what happened to him. Never found his body or any evidence of wrongdoing, just the suspicion that he was a victim of foul play. I’d think the closure of knowing for certain what happened is not a bad deal at all.

As I read it, they have no idea what happened to him. Never found his body or any evidence of wrongdoing, just the suspicion that he was a victim of foul play. I’d think the closure of knowing for certain what happened is not a bad deal at all.

I suppose. But, if his friend killed him for money which is the implication of the article he should get some additional justice.

I still don't understand why the guy would confess to murder. So he gets his attempted murder charges reduced only to be charged with murder? Doesn't make sense. I know you're hoping for answers, but unless they can come up with any evidence strongly linking him to the disappearance, I wouldn't expect the guy to confess...

Reactions: GwinnettNole
I still don't understand why the guy would confess to murder. So he gets his attempted murder charges reduced only to be charged with murder? Doesn't make sense. I know you're hoping for answers, but unless they can come up with any evidence strongly linking him to the disappearance, I wouldn't expect the guy to confess...

I don’t either, unless they think the widow-wife was also involved. Then maybe they would make a deal to give him a lower end sentence on the attempted murder charge and agree not to prosecute him for the murder if they can also convict her. Note, I have no idea if they suspect she was also in on it -just an assumption on my part.

I don’t either, unless they think the widow-wife was also involved. Then maybe they would make a deal to give him a lower end sentence on the attempted murder charge and agree not to prosecute him for the murder if they can also convict her. Note, I have no idea if they suspect she was also in on it -just an assumption on my part.
My guess is she is involved and that she'll be the one to drop the dime for a reduced sentence in the murder charge. No way do the cops drop a murder charge for an attempted murder charge for the dude if he confesses...

So a couple of things

1) If the widowed wife was part of the original murder, which there has been a lot of speculation about, wouldn’t she have been afraid to call the cops when Brian (the new husband) tried killing her? That Brian would have threatened to spill the beans....

2) I’ve wondered about the article stating that Brian Winchester could get his sentence reduced if he gave some knowledge to the original killing. But most of us are expecting that the knowledge is along the line of his doing. So how does he get a reduced sentence when he would admit to murder years ago?

So a couple of things

1) If the widowed wife was part of the original murder, which there has been a lot of speculation about, wouldn’t she have been afraid to call the cops when Brian (the new husband) tried killing her? That Brian would have threatened to spill the beans....

2) I’ve wondered about the article stating that Brian Winchester could get his sentence reduced if he gave some knowledge to the original killing. But most of us are expecting that the knowledge is along the line of his doing. So how does he get a reduced sentence when he would admit to murder years ago?
1. her fear of being killed is worse than her fear of going to prison
2. he ties the wife to the crime in return for a reduced sentence, they get them both (assuming, of course, both were involved). They'd rather have both.

When you're about the one to die, things change. If she thinks he's going to kill her next (only witness) she may now think her best course of action is to go to the police with the complaint and try to get him incarcerated. If things go south on her she may be thinking she can strike a deal. I mean what's worse, getting killed by a psycho or going to jail for ten years for accessory? But like I said, this is the first I've heard of it and I'm only speculating.

This is a perfect example of how RRR can be a jerk whose inappropriate comments ... make me laugh.

Sorry about your friend and hope everything comes to light Gwinnett.

The thing I love most about RRR is his dedication and consistency. No sacred cows.

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
The thing I love most about RRR is his dedication and consistency. No sacred cows.

I forget what thread or whose, but not too long ago he had a very sympathetic towards another poster. I called him out on it and he seemed genuinely offended. I was cornfused...

Reactions: RunRonnieRun
If you want to read an extremely interesting book on this subject, read Alligator Alibi. Very much a page-turner whether you believe in psychics or not. I'm very much a skeptic of them . But, I've met some who have solved crimes that I honestly have no explanation for in my 20 plus years in law enforcement.

http://alligatoralibi.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AlligatorAlibi/

I forget what thread or whose, but not too long ago he had a very sympathetic towards another poster. I called him out on it and he seemed genuinely offended. I was cornfused...
Might have been mine.

I'd read a short column authored by RRR if such a thing existed. Seems like it would be more entertaining than other articles in my feed.

BREAKING- FDLE just announced they will give an update today on the 17-year-old cold case of missing duck hunter Mike Williams.
FDLE's Tallahassee Regional Operations Center will be holding a press conference at our headquarters today at noon, and we will be livestreaming it on Facebook

Reactions: Squirrel J.
I can't get the Facebook stream so please keep us all filled in with the details of the press conference.

Everybody in the world knew Winchester had something to do with it. Sucks to be his ex right now. Of course she'll claim she had no knowledge of what happened.

No details released other than they found remains and it is now a homicide investigation.
Said they wanted Winchesters other case/sentencing to be complete before they made this announcement.

I can't get the Facebook stream so please keep us all filled in with the details of the press conference.

Everybody in the world knew Winchester had something to do with it. Sucks to be his ex right now. Of course she'll claim she had no knowledge of what happened.

Watched the press conference. The guy was EXTREMLY vague saying they can't release any information other than they found the remains and the family has been notified. How do guys know they found the remains in October?

Watched the press conference. The guy was EXTREMLY vague saying they can't release any information other than they found the remains and the family has been notified. How do guys know they found the remains in October?
I think the poster who said that is speculating, but it makes sense based on the timing of the trial being cancelled.

So lots of questions remain but one of the big ones is was Denise involved and/or did she know?

Word had been floating around since October. I assumed since I heard others would have too, but it seems they kept it very quiet. I couldn't figure out why they weren't going public yet and hoped they would at or after the sentencing hearing. DNA testing and the ME exam take time too. There is more than just the homicide here(obstruction, tampering, lying, etc..) and I am not sure if there is a statute of limitations on those or who all has been implicated.

I don't know what happened to the old TDO(tall democrat) forums, but this case was discussed for years and years with names of all the persons of interest and whatnot being named. Maybe those threads are still out there somewhere. I wont go back into all that, but their house was the assumed crime scene and its believed numerous people helped cover this up. They have all been interviewed many times by FDLE, ATF and JCSO. The lead investigator with JCSO, Derrick "something" that slips my mind, has said publicly numerous times he is confident he knows what happened but didn't think they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Now, that all changes.

Word had been floating around since October. I assumed since I heard others would have too, but it seems they kept it very quiet. I couldn't figure out why they weren't going public yet and hoped they would at or after the sentencing hearing. DNA testing and the ME exam take time too. There is more than just the homicide here(obstruction, tampering, lying, etc..) and I am not sure if there is a statute of limitations on those or who all has been implicated.

I don't know what happened to the old TDO(tall democrat) forums, but this case was discussed for years and years with names of all the persons of interest and whatnot being named. Maybe those threads are still out there somewhere. I wont go back into all that, but their house was the assumed crime scene and its believed numerous people helped cover this up. They have all been interviewed many times by FDLE, ATF and JCSO. The lead investigator with JCSO, Derrick "something" that slips my mind, has said publicly numerous times he is confident he knows what happened but didn't think they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Now, that all changes.

Thanks for the info. Please relay more info as you are able!

This is huge news. Thankful the family at least gets some type of closure although they're not releasing any details on when they found the body, what state it was in, where they found it at, etc...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT