ADVERTISEMENT

$201 Million.. Now $228 Million

No way he leaves again...unless behind the scenes he isn't getting what he wants but up until this point, Gilbert has given him everything he wanted.
Cleveland's cap situation may not allow them the moves to compete w Golden State, or eventually even Boston.

It looks like this offseason they may not make any major moves, unless they somehow land Melo. Lebron can't be happy about that considering they lost the finals 4-1

Instead of paying Bonilla a lump sum of $5.9 mil they opted to defer and pay him in installments of $1.19 mil from 2011 thru 2035..Sooo, instead of paying him $5.9 they are paying him $29.8 mil...not to mention, they are giving him 8% interest. Not sure how an organization would ever think that was a 'good deal'...oh wait, it's the Mets, which have sucked for the most part of their existence and the owners were buddies with Bernie Madoff.
Their association with Madoff and their investments with him are exactly why it made good financial sense at the time.

The biggest star in pro basketball, LeBron, is one of the most unselfish athletes I've ever seen. He's an absolutely incredible passer and the entire GS team passes the ball exceptionally well. So, in short, you're wrong.

Unless, of course, he doesn't like his coach. Then he whines until he gets another one.

Unless, of course, he doesn't like his coach. Then he whines until he gets another one.
name one player at the top of their sport who sits silently by if they think they have coach who can't lead the team.

i don't root for the cavs but i have tremendous respect for lebron, both as a player and the man he's become.

I find the "King" conversation interesting; by the way a nickname he gave himself. As far as being a good person and father there is no doubt he is trying his best to do what is right with his family. I really respect that; especially when you consider how many other athletes/stars etc. have done the wrong thing. However if you look at him as a player he is the biggest whiner I have ever seen; complains about fouls when the guy who supposedly fouled him is 40lbs lighter and 4 inches shorter (I remember a call when he flopped last year in the finals against Curry and supposedly Curry ran him over, ok sure), I see him look to the refs. and complain on every shot; hey Lebron you do miss shots. Now there is also his foundation which I think is a great idea except for the very questionable choices he makes. While I am not trying to turn this political; he donates/supports BLM; now maybe they do some good but I have seen some of their videos and some of these groups are outright broadcasting for the killing of cops; sorry I am not ok with that.
Personally I have gone back and forth on him as a player; the decision, the whining, etc get real old, but he is a good person by all accounts.

I find the "King" conversation interesting; by the way a nickname he gave himself. As far as being a good person and father there is no doubt he is trying his best to do what is right with his family. I really respect that; especially when you consider how many other athletes/stars etc. have done the wrong thing. However if you look at him as a player he is the biggest whiner I have ever seen; complains about fouls when the guy who supposedly fouled him is 40lbs lighter and 4 inches shorter (I remember a call when he flopped last year in the finals against Curry and supposedly Curry ran him over, ok sure), I see him look to the refs. and complain on every shot; hey Lebron you do miss shots. Now there is also his foundation which I think is a great idea except for the very questionable choices he makes. While I am not trying to turn this political; he donates/supports BLM; now maybe they do some good but I have seen some of their videos and some of these groups are outright broadcasting for the killing of cops; sorry I am not ok with that.
Personally I have gone back and forth on him as a player; the decision, the whining, etc get real old, but he is a good person by all accounts.
He's pledged to put 2,300 kids through 4 years of college, and that number grows every year. That's only the tip of the iceberg of his work in and around Cle/Akron.

What has your favorite athlete done lately?

As for his opinions on BLM, see video:

Reactions: DFSNOLE
He's pledged to put 2,300 kids through 4 years of college, and that number grows every year. That's only the tip of the iceberg of his work in and around Cle/Akron.

What has your favorite athlete done lately?

As for his opinions on BLM, see video:

That is great about helping the kids and I never said that he was a bad person; I just question some of his advocacy efforts. I looked for the article I read that talked about his donations to BLM and couldn't find it; thought it was in the Skymall (Delta Airlines Mag). He gives them millions and states it as one of his major advocacies; who knows maybe the article was trash. By the way in your video he said nothing about BLM and only that all lives matter; which I would hope every human being would agree to, although plenty of times when all lives matter is said it is ridiculed.

Oh and to answer your direct question I don't really care what my favorite athlete has done or not; I never put any faith in famous people.

Last edited by a moderator:
That didn't take long to top....

Sources: Supermax extension to pay James Harden record $228M through 2022-23

James Harden and the Houston Rockets have agreed to a four-year extension, the team announced Saturday. The contract is a supermaximum extension that will guarantee him $228 million through the 2022-23 season, league sources told ESPN.

Harden, the runner-up to Russell Westbrook for the NBA's MVP this season, has two years and $59 million left on his current contract. The four-year extension carries a value of $170 million and is the richest extension in NBA history.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19919869/james-harden-houston-rockets-agree-four-year-extension

That didn't take long to top....

Sources: Supermax extension to pay James Harden record $228M through 2022-23

James Harden and the Houston Rockets have agreed to a four-year extension, the team announced Saturday. The contract is a supermaximum extension that will guarantee him $228 million through the 2022-23 season, league sources told ESPN.

Harden, the runner-up to Russell Westbrook for the NBA's MVP this season, has two years and $59 million left on his current contract. The four-year extension carries a value of $170 million and is the richest extension in NBA history.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19919869/james-harden-houston-rockets-agree-four-year-extension

Great for non-Rockets. While Harden is good, he's hardly worth supermax deal.

Great for non-Rockets. While Harden is good, he's hardly worth supermax deal.

I am not the biggest Harden fan , but a top five scoring , assist , PER player who puts fans in seats , seems to be the definition of a guy you give the supermax.
Do you let him play out the two years and walk ( at an avg of 31M) , as some team is going to give him max money or do you go ahead and pay him the money at an avg of 38 and lock him down until he is 33?

I am not the biggest Harden fan , but a top five scoring , assist , PER player who puts fans in seats , seems to be the definition of a guy you give the supermax.

James Harden puts fans in the seats?? Seems like a stretch. Granted, I'm just a casual NBA fan, but no way would I drive anywhere to watch James Harden play. I did however drive to Cleveland to watch Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and Shaq (in his prime) play.

Reactions: southgateNOLE
Do you let him play out the two years and walk ( at an avg of 31M) , as some team is going to give him max money or do you go ahead and pay him the money at an avg of 38 and lock him down until he is 33?

With current structuring, home team will always be able to offer max amount.

What Rockets have done is hitched their future 100% on Harden. In a league of super teams and luring talent, they have ensured they won't be able to chase any other big free agents over next 2-6 years.

Right now, Rockets have Chris Paul with an expiring contract after this year, Ryan Anderson with average of $20 million for next 3 years, and Eric Gordon averaging $13 million over next 3 years. Everyone else on roster is a free agent after this year. Extending your franchise player when you already had him under contract until 2019-2020 season seems quite limiting.

Interesting rumors coming out that Kyrie is seeking a trade, wanting to be more of an offensive focal point.
This has not been a good summer for the Cavs.

Heard yesterday that the Cavs were talking to D Rose, so I guess now that makes some sense.

Will be interesting to see what the Cavs could get in exchange for Kyrie. Spurs are the team I've read that he mentioned as a desired destination. Kyrie, Kahwi, and LaMarcus.. (or 2 of those 3)...

Reactions: dmm5157
Interesting rumors coming out that Kyrie is seeking a trade, wanting to be more of an offensive focal point.

Heard yesterday that the Cavs were talking to D Rose, so I guess now that makes some sense.

Will be interesting to see what the Cavs could get in exchange for Kyrie. Spurs are the team I've read that he mentioned as a desired destination. Kyrie, Kahwi, and LaMarcus.. (or 2 of those 3)...
Celtic fans are begging Ainge to trade Thomas and whatever else it takes to get him to Boston. As trigger shy as Ainge has been, I don't see that happening.

Spurs have been trying to move Aldridge. Cavs have been trying to work a trade for Danny Green for a while. I think the Spurs want to deal LA, but Cavs don't want him.

Spurs don't have a ton of attractive trade options. Danny Green and Patty Mills are about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT