ADVERTISEMENT

2013/14 EPL thread

Originally posted by minernole:
Webb'd
Like when Garrard's second clumsy challenge, which should have been his second yellow and automatic red, was ignored? Looks like Howard was actually evening things up, for a change. Not his best day, for sure, though.

Rooney about to become highest paid footballer in the world. 300,000 pounds a week! Ha United are pathetic. To be fair he does own Cardiff, Fulham and west brom. Hope they lose out
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
Rooney about to become highest paid footballer in the world. 300,000 pounds a week! Ha United are pathetic. To be fair he does own Cardiff, Fulham and west brom. Hope they lose out
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
They are a comedy of errors this year from the bits I have watched and/or read about. This would be in line with that! LOL! If only old cdowlar was here to discuss!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I check back here from time to time but it seems as though this forum is rarely posted on any more?

On an aside, I've not posted since Bayern won EVERY trophy possible this past season. Auf gehts Ihr Roten! Kaempfen und Siegen! This years side might be better yet. Credit though to Arsenal for their taking the game by the scruff at the beginning. Ozil was offsides(although marginally) on the ball through that led to the penalty. A penalty at the other end was an easy call but I agree with Neuer that the penalty by itself is enough punishment and wish this rule would be rescinded. Like the CL Final where Lehmann was sent off inside 20 min and a penalty given. It is way too harsh and ruins the matches and that should never happen in a CL Tie or other big match. Arsenal will be without Szczesny for the return leg in Munich and Bayern will have Schweinsteiger and Ribery back in the side, so I like our chances of reaching the Quarter Finals! What do you all make of the English Media? Just shameful stuff from them blaming Ozil, etc and I expect it and all as it is nothing new.... been going on as long as I can remember! It is a good part of why England wins nothing on the World stage. They heap on so much drama and pressure on everyone. Always with the Heroes and Villains with them. Lastly, I will close with how sad Wenger is!!!! What a whining, sniffling excuse for a human being this guy is. It used to be funny/amusing but now it is just nauseatingly sad! I loved when Robben laughed at him from near the touchline! Go back and look at the Ozil foul and Robben and tell me if they are any different as far as embellishment goes. The foul on Ozil was less of a penalty as well. Boateng had committed his left leg back and Ozil cut inside, felt the leg, and down he went. The red card to Szczesny was harsh though for sure. IMHO the Gunners might be better off with Fabianski in goal anyways. Szczesny always commits a few howlers along the way it seems like to me. Looking forward to the next round of matches next week!

This post was edited on 2/20 12:59 PM by warriortim

warrior,
yeah this board is disappearing.

No comment on Giroud?, what a gift Bayern got with Wenger foolishly punishing him for cheating on his wife, and curfew! It was over from the start, not that anyone will beat Bayern. That team is dumb on paper, i'm hoping Barca get Bayern next round and Real makes semis again, only this time not choking for once.....

Man City looked horrible.

The English media is exhausting, and this Rooney contract is again a reminder, if a player is American, move a players value a decimal to the left, if he's British, move the decimal one to the right.

I'll be amazed if England make it out of their group at WC. They really need some young studs to develop into World Class guys. Amazing how few international studs they have for such a great league. Tons of B- players, no A ones.

warrior,
yeah this board is disappearing.

No comment on Giroud?, what a gift Bayern got with Wenger foolishly punishing him for cheating on his wife, and curfew! It was over from the start, not that anyone will beat Bayern. That team is dumb on paper, i'm hoping Barca get Bayern next round and Real makes semis again, only this time not choking for once.....

Man City looked horrible.

The English media is exhausting, and this Rooney contract is again a reminder, if a player is American, move a players value a decimal to the left, if he's British, move the decimal one to the right.

I'll be amazed if England make it out of their group at WC. They really need some young studs to develop into World Class guys. Amazing how few international studs they have for such a great league. Tons of B- players, no A ones.
I know right? Or even Poldi? What has Poldi done to Wenger? I rarely see him play a full 90 minutes for them and when I do watch him he scores goals!? He will have to field an attacking side at the Allianz that is for sure so maybe the Frenchie can stop shagging for a few weeks on the side and be a part of the next match? LOL! Agree wholeheartedly with your English media opinions! Man City are a hard side to read. They just lack a "team" spirit to me! A collection of mercenaries etc. I mean, look at Bayern( and I am obviously biased here) they have a collection of great players with huge amounts of Euros spent yet the club is run as a business and they turn record profits every year. They are owned by shareholders, ran by a Board and not by some Billionaire from Russia, or the Middle East, or the countries Govt(like Real). They also are careful to bring into the side a player that understands what it means to play for Bayern! Mia san Mia means something or they are soon shown the door. But I ramble on a bit there.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I will LOL when the English board their flight home early from Brazil!

Tim, you've been missed (by some of us, anyway). Your comment on Dowlar was spot on.
laugh.r191677.gif

Sadly, there's just a few of us left who consistenly post anything, which is a shame. Footie continues to be the red-headed stepchild of the American sporting populace.

The Podolski benching is a head scratcher. Especially with Wilshere and Walcott and Chamberlain all taking big steps back this campaign. You'd think they could find a spot outside up top, i don't get it.

With Bayern, i usually watch some German games, but they're so far ahead i probably won't watch the league again until May for last CL spot battle. How is Robben doing? i hope he's in WC form.

I'm still amazed by the Ronaldo 3 game suspension, i've seen those weak head slaps in Spain weekly for years and they're never called, let alone 2 games in addition for "gestures." crazy, La Liga might have a 3 team finish for once since Atletico has dropped back a bit.

Hoping Everton shock Chlesea saturday, Everton got no favors with a trip to Emirates for FA quarters. They gotta get that Europa to sign Lukaku.

Originally posted by seminoleed:
Tim, you've been missed (by some of us, anyway). Your comment on Dowlar was spot on.
laugh.r191677.gif

Sadly, there's just a few of us left who consistenly post anything, which is a shame. Footie continues to be the red-headed stepchild of the American sporting populace.
Thanks Ed! I will try not to be a stranger! I actually heckled Ole Corey on Twitter for a time and then he got boring! Same delusional garbage from this wanc!
smokin.r191677.gif

BTW what was the name of that Lemming that used to be on all the time back then? Another manu fan from down Miami way? Always respected Manch but Corey and that other clown must have been his little brother and shared all of the same opinions!

The Podolski benching is a head scratcher. Especially with Wilshere and Walcott and Chamberlain all taking big steps back this campaign. You'd think they could find a spot outside up top, i don't get it.

With Bayern, i usually watch some German games, but they're so far ahead i probably won't watch the league again until May for last CL spot battle. How is Robben doing? i hope he's in WC form.

I'm still amazed by the Ronaldo 3 game suspension, i've seen those weak head slaps in Spain weekly for years and they're never called, let alone 2 games in addition for "gestures." crazy, La Liga might have a 3 team finish for once since Atletico has dropped back a bit.

Hoping Everton shock Chlesea saturday, Everton got no favors with a trip to Emirates for FA quarters. They gotta get that Europa to sign Lukaku.
Koot,

To answer your Robben question, he is flourishing under Pep as well as he did last year with Heynckes! I laughed at the media who would write about Robben leaving in the summer with Pep coming and how he will not fit into Pep's plans. Probably part of the English media in Manchester(on the Red side of town) who came up with this storyline! They are also the ones that said the same thing about Neuer to manu, Thiago to manu, Lewandowski to manu, Kroos to manu, etc and we all know where they are playing now right? There are no "in form" worries for Robben IMO heading into the WC only the usual issues with injuries that come up with him all too regularly. The Dutch are usually their own worst enemies in the major tournaments though. The Buli is not much of a race at the moment with Bayern 16 point ahead of 2nd place Leverkusen heading into the weekend. Dortmund are still a top side in Europe though if they can get AND stay healthy. Schalke(who I hate more than manu!) are also on good form at the moment and are unbeaten in the year 2014 to date. Not sure if they can hold that form vs Real Madrid but ask any Madridista how they feel about playing a German side and you will hear a cautious tone I assure you. It would not shock me to see Schalke pull the upset in the Tie.

Hoping this place gets a little more traffic and on a more regular basis on match days and the like. I will come back and do my part. Be nice if the rest would do the same.

I hear ya.

Good to hear on Robben. Hope he stays healthy. Love watching the Dutch, can't wait for Netherlands/Spain opener in that group in Brazil.

Dead on with Real, no Real fan likes going to Germany, it's really an amazingly poor record there for Real, hopefully it's not a cold night which Schalke would love. Bale hasn't done much in big games this season so we'll see if he gets a start, he's been great or horrid in his appearances. Jese and Isco look like the future of Spains national team, but Ancelotti still prefers the statue of Benzema in big games so that choice probably won't change this week. Real must get it done first leg. Pepe needs to keep his cool, Varane is infinitely more talented but just can't stay healthy and take the spot this year.
I haven't seen much Schalke but as you mentioned i noticed their recent record is impressive. Might have to watch them this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT