ADVERTISEMENT

2013-14 Orlando Magic Thread

Jan 18, 2008
It's going to be another long season for the Magic. After last night's game the Magic set their opening roster up for the season the cuts included Mickell Gladness, Manny Harris, Kris Joseph and Romero Osby. Osby was this yr's 2nd round pick and Solomon Jones made the team as a TC Invitee.

It's getting harder and harder to follow the Magic, living in GA. Rarely on any tv and the team isn't really worth the effort to find a stream online. I'm hoping the team bottoms out hard to get a top 3 pick, because this draft class is loaded and one player in the top 5, with some of the Magic's current young core could result in a quick turnaround. Ideally, we'd land Wiggins or Parker for the 3 spot and we'd get the much needed go to scorer; or we'd land Smart to be our pg for the long run. Pair either scenario with Oladipo at the 2, and then Harris and Vucevic down low for a strong defense and we are looking at a playoff contender with tons of room to grow and compete in the near future.

Season starts tomorrow, and I'll watch every game. I'm excited, as I get to see development of the young studs the Magic have on the floor. With another hopefully tanked season, a top 3 pick, we end up getting hopefully Wiggins or Jabari Parker, and we are rolling into the future as a formidable match in the Eastern Conference.

At the point that we have the young talent, then that we are will get aggressive in free agency and try to win that elusive championship.

Originally posted by fsugrad06:
It's getting harder and harder to follow the Magic, living in GA.
Same situation here. Been a magic fan since day one-- remember watching many games on Sunshine Network with Jack Givens and Chip Caray calling the action. Moved to GA after graduation and don't get to see them all that much. I've entertained the thought of liking the Hawks but they are terrible as well and I'm not generally one to change my favorite teams.

This post was edited on 10/30 8:34 AM by GwinnettNole

Gave that one away last night against the 'Wolves. But Turk has to be the 1st one to go this season if there is to be trades made. I also have 2 tickets for sale for 2 Saturday's from now matchup against the Mavs .

Everything's going according plan, make the contenders think our veterans are worth something and then we can can trade them for dollars on the penny. Excellent......
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Another win and a show put on by VO tonight .

oladipOHHHHH_medium.gif

oladipospin_medium.gif

Tough loss last night. One to many opportunities just given away. Aaron tried his best to bring them back but was unfortunately a half a foot shy. But a great game to attend though. Hawks tonight in ATL

Whoever said records are made to be broken did not have the Orlando Magic in mind.

In a relatively short period of time, the Magic have compiled some
individual and team accomplishments which could take another 25 years to
equal or surpass. And one can be classified as comparable to Wilt
Chamberlain'€™s 100-point game in mind-boggling attainability in NBA
history..................

Making their mark: Magic records that stand the te

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT