ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Soccer Team

c691027

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
Who do we keep and who do we add? Who's filling the Jalen/Lalani role in the midfield. We were spoiled there. Who do we fit on defense?? Who are we recruiting??

Could be off here. Will check. I think all but Nesbeth technically have eligibility. It's really up to them - how close are they to graduation, do you want to pursue a master's? Pro teams will make offers. They all want come to FSU to get a degree, win titles and be developed for pro soccer.

Five signees for 2024:

I've read elsewhere (they could be wrong) that Echegini, Nesbeth and Pais are out of eligibility.
Look forward to what you find out Bob.
I'm just hoping that we come up with enough NIL to keep Dudley from bolting to the professional ranks.

I've read elsewhere (they could be wrong) that Echegini, Nesbeth and Pais are out of eligibility.
I'm just hoping that we come up with enough NIL to keep Dudley from bolting to the professional ranks.
What would Denya had made with NIL?? She had 2 Million following her on Twitter alone!

Yes. FSU has confirmed Nesbeth, Echegini and Pais are out of eligibility

The incoming class is super good...besides the names above, believe we flipped a girl from Duke who is also outstanding. Between the JUCO girl and 2 or 3 incoming freshmen, the class is really likely to be a major contributor to next season's team.

I'll list girls first who weren't seniors. I'll list their current year.
Olivia Garcia So
Taylor Huff Jr
Maggie Taitano Fr
Jordynn Dudley Fr
Peyton Nourse Fr
Kaitlyn Zipay R-Jr
Sophia Nguyen So
Mimi Van Zanten Fr
Maria Alagoa Jr
Heather Gilchrist So
Olivia Lebdaoui So
Claire Rain Jr will RS due to injury
Adelyn Todd Fr GK

I have read elsewhere that Nesbeth, Pais and Echegini are out of eligibility.
That leaves
Roque Sr
Flynn Sr
Iwai Sr
Brown Sr
Olsson Sr
All of these could move on or stay.
Recruits

Add in Solai Washington a top 20 player along with Suarez and you have a good class.

Now who and how many do we get from the portal?
Hope this helps.

Now it's possible that some of our players transfer. That would only be likely those who get little playing time.
It's also possible the pros convince JD to skip the rest of college. Hope not! I can't wait to see her paired with Suarez and Washington.

Reactions: Bob Ferrante
I checked the UNC recruits per their website and saw that they picked up #6, 7, 10 and 16 ranked recruits in the 2024 class.

The article also,said that they have had a top 5 class in 9 of the past 10 years. Have to wonder how FSU has won 10 of the past 13 ACC championships vs UNCs 2 with UNCs stellar recruiting. Perhaps the UNC coaching and development isn’t what it used to be 😳.
UNC

I will attempt to answer this, not knowing if this is a serious question.
1. Our domestic recruiting is never as good as UNCs (possible rare exception). It's even worse when compared to Stanford.
2. Sometimes the rankings aren't 100% accurate. Stanford always has highly ranked players, but we had at least 4 players with better speed and quickness than them. So add better player evaluations to the list.
3. Mark Krikorian made up for any domestic recruiting deficiencies with foreign players. Think Dagany Brynjarsdottir, Natalia Kuikka, Deyna Castellanos, Glorian Villalobos and Jody Brown to name just a few.
Beata Olsson and Echegini are foreign recruits who transferred to US.
4. IMO, the past and current FSU coaching staffs have done a better job in 3 areas. A. Development of the talent.
Look at Lauren Flynn and LeiLani Nesbeth in the current crop. B. Our tactics were generally better. C. Our game planning especially in the post season has been superior to theirs.
They have been in the finals 3x in the past 10 years. They last won in 2012. We've been in 5 finals and won 4.
5. They have huge rosters (mid to high 30s). Even at that, they play between only between 17 (against us) and 25 against Gardner Webb. IOW nearly half of their roster is sitting on the bench NOT playing. Not good for continuity or for morale IMO.
6. While BP doesn't have MK's international connections, he has made up for it with outstanding transfers thus far. If he continues, and Dudley comes back, this dynasty may just be reloading!
7. Perhaps tactics used by UNC that worked 20 years ago, are not working so well anymore. I think their tactics worked so well back then because they had superior rosters both in talent and depth. Not so much anymore.
Hope this helps!

1. Our domestic recruiting is never as good as UNCs (possible rare exception). It's even worse when compared to Stanford.
2. Sometimes the rankings aren't 100% accurate. Stanford always has highly ranked players, but we had at least 4 players with better speed and quickness than them. So add better player evaluations to the list.
3. Mark Krikorian made up for any domestic recruiting deficiencies with foreign players. Think Dagany Brynjarsdottir, Natalia Kuikka, Deyna Castellanos, Glorian Villalobos and Jody Brown to name just a few.
4. IMO, the past and current FSU coaching staffs have done a better job in 3 areas. A. Development of the talent.
Look at Lauren Flynn and LeiLani Nesbeth in the current crop. B. Our tactics were generally better. C. Our game planning especially in the post season has been superior to theirs.
They have been in the finals 3x in the past 10 years. They last won in 2012. We've been in 5 finals and won 4.
5. They have huge rosters (mid to high 30s). Even at that, they play between only between 17 (against us) and 25 against Gardner Webb. IOW nearly half of their roster is sitting on the bench NOT playing. Not good for continuity or for morale IMO.
6. While BP doesn't have MK's international connections, he has made up for it with outstanding transfers thus far. If he continues, and Dudley comes back, this dynasty may just be reloading!
7. Perhaps tactics used by UNC that worked 20 years ago, are not working so well anymore. I think their tactics worked so well back then because they had superior rosters both in talent and depth. Not so much anymore.
Hope this helps!
My comment was mostly to make fun of UNC and the reverence given to its coach. It must be hard for them to be dominated the past 13 years. I agree with your points, especially the development and eye for talent.
Found it annoying this year how the ACC players of the week were almost all UNC during the first half of the season. Enough praise was given to Savvy King before she really did anything. But old habits die hard and Dorrance and his teams are always given the benefit of the doubt. To be fair I didn’t expect them to make the elite 8 this year and somehow he got them there. But I had to laugh when I saw so many top 5 recruiting classes and compared that to results on the field.
To quote Ron Cherry, I was “giving him the business”. Thanks for your analysis.

Hope this helps!
Regarding your comment on Stanford, I was very surprised at how slow they were when I saw them play in the tourney. They were very skilled but their fitness levels were so inferior to what I was used to seeing for fsu, it was very shocking. Thought that would weigh in our favor if we played them and certainly was the case in the final.

This conference has a long history of favoritism to UNC. You may remember Mark leaving key players home one particular ACC tournament in protest to the scheduling both pre and during the tournament. He was fined and publicly censured, but guess what? The format changed to what we currently have.
Before his public protest (he had done it privately for years), our last week of games prior to the tournament were almost always on the road (OOS) meaning missing in person classes. The tournament was larger then and meant another week away from home. Meanwhile, UNC the week prior to the tournament was usually home or at least in the state; therefore, they slept in their beds and attended their in person classes for those 2 weeks. This wasn't an anomaly, sorta' like UNC dominating the POTW honors the first half of the season.
NOw the tournament is 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting a first round bye. Even the first round games are played at the home of the higher seed and only the semifinals and finals are in Cary reducing travel and missed time. Thanks Mark!

The following statement is not one I can prove, but I can offer some current evidence.
There is a prejudicial relationship between certain schools and the USWNT. Stanford and UNC.
Casey Short Krueger has gotten many call ups to the USWNT, but only sticks for the smaller tournaments, not the olympics or WC. Meanwhile old and tired players continue to show up. RApinoe especially had no business in the recent WC.
Check out this from the US soccer.

Chris Henderson

@chris_awk

I mean, congrats to U.S. Soccer for showing they didn't actually pay attention to the college WoSo season. There's literally no other excuse as to why Jordynn Dudley wouldn't be on this list.

Square profile picture

U.S. Soccer YNT

Show more

1:06 PM · Dec 11, 2023
No JOrdynn Dudley!
Explain that!

Reactions: Mortain44
This conference has a long history of favoritism to UNC. You may remember Mark leaving key players home one particular ACC tournament in protest to the scheduling both pre and during the tournament. He was fined and publicly censured, but guess what? The format changed to what we currently have.
Before his public protest (he had done it privately for years), our last week of games prior to the tournament were almost always on the road (OOS) meaning missing in person classes. The tournament was larger then and meant another week away from home. Meanwhile, UNC the week prior to the tournament was usually home or at least in the state; therefore, they slept in their beds and attended their in person classes for those 2 weeks. This wasn't an anomaly, sorta' like UNC dominating the POTW honors the first half of the season.
NOw the tournament is 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting a first round bye. Even the first round games are played at the home of the higher seed and only the semifinals and finals are in Cary reducing travel and missed time. Thanks Mark!
He fought the good fight & changed things for the better.

Absolutely! I don't know of anyone else who could have done that.
It took the better part of 10 years to get us on nearly even ground with UNC. Early on, it was a huge upset beating UNC and it was infrequent. By 2012 (UNC's last natty) we were closer to being toe to toe. Now we have won ?4 regular season titles in the last 10 years, but I believe it's 8 ACCT titles. That indicates peaking at tournament time. It is also a byproduct of so many internationals who were away for chunks of the regular season. 3 titles and a Dynasty established. Kudos to Mark Krikorian!
Now Brian Pensky has come into this dynasty program with the players in turmoil and hitting the portal like salmon swimming upstream. He convinced all but about 2 or 3 to stay. He held onto the recruiting class Mark had committed (Dudley, Van Zanten, Taitano and Nourse). He added Addie Todd and brought in Echegini last year and Farkas, Pais, Huff and Rain this year. Wow!
Over a 2 year period he transformed the offense into an aggressive attacking offense and defense w/o sacrificing much in the way of defense!
The full team, even the hold overs are fully behind this guy!
TAlk about hitting the jackpot twice in a row!
We are blessed!

The Democrat did a deep dive into scheduling “inconsistencies” that resulted in NC in particular, but other Tobacco Road schools as well being given sweet heart scheduling in the weeks leading up to the tourney. As Tom notes, the ACC tourney being in state allowed Tobacco Road schools to sleep at home. FSU, meanwhile had late season games which required mucho travel in back to back weeks. FSU in particular, but other schools had very strenuous travel that impacted classes and exams for their players.

Mark took the data to the league, held key players out of the tourney and called them out publicly. Wake won their only ACC title that year, but FSU went on deep into the NCAA tourney that same season. After the 2010 season, scheduling became more consistent and viola, the longtime league gorilla has lost their grip over the league and nationally as well.

Last edited:
Who was the player that could inbound the ball and put it in the net? She had like a goal and several assists during her time here? That's when I was like Wow! This is different level of skills they are displaying!!

Reactions: billanole
Megan Campbell. Don't recall actually getting a goal, but she did assist on a few.

She's a transfer from Tennessee who also played on the Jamaican NT in the WC. We now have 4 connections to the Jamaican NT.
Cheyna Williams Mathews. 2014 natty winner who transferred from Vandy I believe.
Jody Brown. 2 time natty winner 21 and 23.
Solais Washington (stud freshman) and Kameron Simmonds (Tenn Transfer) and 2024 natty winners:):cool:

Who was the player that could inbound the ball and put it in the net? She had like a goal and several assists during her time here? That's when I was like Wow! This is different level of skills they are displaying!!
Maybe you are talking about Jessica Price. Skrong throw. She would launch it deep into the box.
Also Megan (?) from Ireland…

Last edited:
Regarding your comment on Stanford, I was very surprised at how slow they were when I saw them play in the tourney. They were very skilled but their fitness levels were so inferior to what I was used to seeing for fsu, it was very shocking. Thought that would weigh in our favor if we played them and certainly was the case in the final.
Ran em out the building. We have ladies that legit are 4.3 in the forty. Olson's burst told me we were winning this game. They couldn't hang thus the dirty play! Built by Storms team!!

Reactions: FLSnole and BeANole
A top 2025 player Jordyn Bugg changes verbal commitment from Stanford to FSU

She is the #4 recruit per TDS and was committed to Stanford!

That makes 4 top 25 recruits for the 2025 class. Jordyn Bugg #4, Juju Harris #8, Mya Brandon #15, Kai Price #22, We also have Nawreen Ahmad #53.

I believe as it currently stands better than any domestic recruiting class we've ever had. Apparently, BP can go up against the likes of UNC, STanford, etc., and win the hearts of domestic recruits.

I'm guessing our huge success and maybe even NIL may have something to do with that. I remember an article before our 2018 natty where Anson Dorrance made the following observation.

I'll paraphrase. He basically said that for domestic recruits, if he were going against FSU, he knew he had a 75% chance of winning. He also said, if he were going up against Stanford for a recruit, he had a 90% chance of losing out.

For context to Anson's comments, I think he had been asked about Mark's penchant for recruiting heavily overseas. He was sorta' defending Mark, because some in the US College soccer community criticized FSU for having so many internationals!

I guess 4 nattys in 10 years and an exciting brand of play changes things.

Kudos to Brian Pensky and FSU soccer recruiting!

The dynasty may be continuing.

Reactions: c691027
Ran em out the building. We have ladies that legit are 4.3 in the forty. Olson's burst told me we were winning this game. They couldn't hang thus the dirty play! Built by Storms team!!
We have elite speed for sure but there is nobody running a 4.3 forty. They are extremely fast though.

• Love
We have elite speed for sure but there is nobody running a 4.3 forty. They are extremely fast though.
I'm guessing she's running about a 4.9 40. Women and men are on different planes when it comes to speed, strength and skill.

I'm guessing she's running about a 4.9 40. Women and men are on different planes when it comes to speed, strength and skill.
Yeah, that was my point exactly. I looked up elite time in the forty for a female athlete and it said 5.20 is considered elite. My guess is, as fast as we are, nobody is running a sub 5.00. Not taking anything away from these girls. They are definitely fast.

Ok, 4.5 and 4.4!! Brown, Olsen, Dudley! I bet the win vs some men in the three touch cone drill!!
just for reference Deion Sanders and Laverneus Coles ran the forty in the 4.29 to 4.3 range. Heck Peter Warrick, while he was shifty, he was still fast and he was clocked at 4.47. The girls are 5.00 plus.

• Love
just for reference Deion Sanders and Laverneus Coles ran the forty in the 4.29 to 4.3 range. Heck Peter Warrick, while he was shifty, he was still fast and he was clocked at 4.47. The girls are 5.00 plus.
No way they beat OL in a 40!! Didn't touch the cone drill? They are very agile! I've been to camp testing at several universities. I know they could!!

• Haha
No way they beat OL in a 40!! Didn't touch the cone drill? They are very agile! I've been to camp testing at several universities. I know they could!!
It's cool, whatever floats you boat. My main holdup was you saying they legit would run 4.30s lol.

• Love
A race for NIL money would be awesome. What linemen you putting up vs Brown, Dudley, and Olsen?
Average college OL runs a 5.40. So they would definitely beat an OL but not Keon Coleman. Lol who runs 4.45. I just don't think you realized how fast 4.30 really is, but those girls are really fast. I could possibly see 4.90 to 5.20.

Last edited:
  • Love
Daytona from the other site is saying Tori Huster one our 4 yr starters from 2008 and only 1 of 3 original NWSL draftees still playing is Retiring from the Washington Spirit. Would be a great addition to our staff. Could someone inform Brian Pensky? She has a wealth of professional soccer knowledge. She has the exact knowledge to give to our players who aspire to be in the league where she was successful at for a very long time!! We seem to want a Female presence on the coaching staff.

Last edited:
Daytona from the other site is saying Tori Huster one our 4 yr starters from 2008 and only 1 of 3 original NWSL draftees is Retiring from the Washington Spirit. Would be a great addition to out staff. Could someone inform Brian Pensky? She has a wealth of professional soccer knowledge. We seem to want a Female presence on the coaching staff.
I'm quite sure the BP is locked-in to what's happening. I'm sure he knows about Tori and Becky and any others with Nole ties. I'm not sure if he is looking for a particular gender, or just looking for the best fit.
I certainly wouldn't mind a female on staff, but I'll trust what he does. He's earned that.

I'm quite sure the BP is locked-in to what's happening. I'm sure he knows about Tori and Becky and any others with Nole ties. I'm not sure if he is looking for a particular gender, or just looking for the best fit.
I certainly wouldn't mind a female on staff, but I'll trust what he does. He's earned that.
Agreed, the best coach regardless of any other factor. BP definitely knows who that is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT