ADVERTISEMENT

22 LSU = O6 Miami - My take

UFoundawaytogo4and8

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 21, 2018
Both Labor Day match ups have a lot in common.

almost impossible to see this game being anything other than a defensive slugfest all night. Don’t expect the ineptitude of the 05 game offensively but the loser will be the one who shoots themselves in the feet the most.

Despite a new team, admin etc this is still LSU defensively and they will consistently beat us upfront but assuming we’re as improved as it sounds there, we won’t be mauled. We’re also going to be locked down most of the game in the matchups between our WR and their always loaded DB group which isn’t as deep as normal but depth doesn’t matter in an opener. Backers will have the athleticism to handle the tight ends.

Ultimately hopefully this is the game where Jordan’s experience the past few years of running for his life comes in handy and he makes enough plays with his arm to keep LSU honest. Expect this to be a struggle offensively but with big plays but limited consistency.

Defensively they are brand new upfront and have the most question marks there of any LSU team in quite some time. Good for us because the skill position folks are loaded across the board and will challenge us everywhere. It’s talent on talent and we will win some and lose some.

QB for them is a toss up right now. My guess is at some point if the game is playing out like we think it will, Daniels from ASU will be the guy. Nuss and Brennan are pocket passers, doubt Nuss will be the guy in a game like this as a R- freshman and Brennan could be in a limit the mistakes type game plan but considering Travis’s ability to change the game with his legs, I think Daniels will be the go to. None will be that well in tune with the playbook yet and Daniels has the most games started under his belt even if they aren’t at LSU. Expect them to be limited with him in the playbook and rely on his legs and quick reads to utilize the athleticism around him and minimize the beating they’ll take upfront.

they’ll have the crowd but enough of us will be there that it won’t be a home game for them. Defensive games are always special teams affairs and turn overs decide it all. Do we punt well, avoid fumbles and picks and make our kicks?

biggest advantage I think is our team knows who it’s GUY is. It knows the offense and it knows it’s defense. Both teams have been through the ringer as far as media scrutiny and playing under a microscope but our guys have less pressure. That pressure, less confidence by the coaching staff and more looking over their shoulder upfront and in the qb room I think is a positive advantage for us. their supreme athleticism outside those positions will be a disadvantage but will see.

Good Guys 17 Bad guys 16

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News