ADVERTISEMENT

A bunch of coaches talking off the record

kam2192

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2020
I have a bunch of family who are football coaches, mostly college and nfl. Awful profession with respect to family. Once a year we get together for our offseason Christmas (about 7 coaches total). For the first time they said I could post, sorry nothing earth shattering.

Disclaimer- none of these coaches are affiliated with FSU or the sec. None of these are coaches you have probably ever heard of (pretty much all career position coaches)

They loved Fiske. They really like his previous college coach who they think is really good. So they all said that Fiske has really good habits.

Every year they go thru which head coaches’ press conferences they listen to. This year they said Coach Norvell

They love Coach Fuller. You can see how he sets things up for his players to make plays when you break down film.

They said they were worried about our coaches from an Xs and Os standpoint in the future. They said if we focus on recruiters then we will be like the “previous staff”. With that said, they told me that any coach would pick up the phone if coach Novell called, he makes careers.

Funny conversation about Jordan Travis. They said the young kid from Oregon (Dilly), should get a bonus for believing in Travis and that all of his family should forever have scholarships to FSU. Everyone was happy for Travis since he was passed up by a lot of teams. One coach said, “I still can’t believe they taught him to throw”

Overall, really positive things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News