ADVERTISEMENT

A couple to fix right now, some things will be better, some concerns . Accepting all debate! Bring it on. We are our record

nolenut19

Seminole Insider
Feb 1, 2006
Things we can fix right now...
1. Only go for it on 4th down in conventional situations like being on their one yard line, or when the game is within our reach and the clock is not on our side.

2. Eliminate the multiple coaching mistakes like the ones that occured in the Jax State Game. (I believe some of these mistakes were generated by coaches desperation, and panic.....maybe they have calmed down some now).

Things I expect to be better
1. OL. Nice adds, we didnt need 5 stars to get better.
2. WR. Nice adds, seasoning, some talent in this group....they won't be the stars of the offense but they will be better, considerably better.
3. Linebacker play, and this is desperately needed.....a nice add, and some improvement late last year is enough for some confidence in this area.
4. Secondary play.....I expect this to be our best unit.

Those nagging concerns
1. I suspect Corey is right, Travis is our best option in the qb room, but I don't see him delivering us from mediocrity, and I don't see him playing every game. If he plays every game, its because the coaches have taken away his best weapon, and accepted less than mediocrity. We should have sold the farm to land a good one. A really good one. If you want to be a star, you gotta shoot for the stars. He is only capable of finishing with 10 wins on a team with a top 15 Ol. We ain't got one of those.

2. Special teams. After claiming last fall they had really worked on it, I have to accept them at face value, they must have really invested in improving it. That means there is another problem. It wasn't a lack of attention. Either the coaches don't know what they are doing, or the players really suck or some combination of the two. GEEZ.....I wanna believe but I don't hold out much hope this will be better.

3. Defensive ends and the pass rush. I have more hope for this one, but the key to a great defense is being able to pressure with four rushing....and with the loss of Thomas and Johnson, we have no proven commodity. Verse is being asked to really step up....will we slip in this category. I hope not but a little slippage can be overcome. A lot, and we are in trouble.

Feel free to take all the shots at this your heart desires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News