ADVERTISEMENT

A deep dive into one of the

trunole1

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2017
most talented live musical groups on the planet. Lovebites is a most unusual heavy metal /hard rock band bringing back 70's-90's great duel heavy guitar R&R.

1 Swan song with Chopin intro

click the YouTube link

Reactions: NoleLizards
#2 Empty Daydream

Lead singer Asami shows her R+B vocal background

same instruction

The Awakening The Hammer Of Wrath​

This is how you start a concert or in this case an encore

#5 A Frozen Serenade

Electric and acoustic guitar plus a little ballet meaningful lyrics

click the link

Walk Away Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Pretty good... Added some of their tracks to my Spotify Plus master playlist. Can't wait to see the ol' lady's reaction when one of their songs comes on while we're in the car.

• Haha
Reactions: overthemoon
most talented live musical groups on the planet. Lovebites is a most unusual heavy metal /hard rock band bringing back 70's-90's great duel heavy guitar R&R.

1 Swan song with Chopin intro

click the YouTube link
The music on this one reminds me of Helloween, a speed metal band I listened to a lot as a teenager.

She's good. I first heard them in Japan. Music doesn't match the album cover so to speak.
Yes the Fami video was by her only on her own channel
Another creation from her own album I believe she does it all on this piece.

#7 Thunder Vengeance

Concert starter with Sgt. pepper like white military vests with gold piping.
Angry song,

#8 Holy War

Bound to please metal heads

Again do the linky.

#9 Epilogue

Heavy metal? JMO but this is more like a Hard Rock ballad with Scorpion like guitar harmonies.

Don't have be a metal head to appreciate this song

Extra twofer today

# 11 & #12 Edge of the World/ We the United

#13 Shadowmaker

words available click captions

Last edited:
#14 Rising acoustic version

As this acoustic version shows Lovebites is not just a heavy metal band

#15 Liar

Well constructed song under rated,

I always thought that you were my knight
In shining armour
Took away my sorrow to feel I was your queen

Court jester
Hey I still can't believe you did this to me
Exiled from our castle as you crucified me

An executioner of every oath and vow of love
You played me
A sorcerer's enchanted spell's the iron maiden
And the ruler of my heart

You're just a liar
A slayer of the soul
Regret the day I ever looked inside of your eyes, yeah
You're just a liar
There's so much that I didn't wanna know
But then you let me go
Cause you're just a liar etc etc

link to rest of the lyrics

#17 Raise Some Hell

One criticism of Lovebites is a overall lack of stage presence. As this piece and previous song show that premise is debunked. Also, I think that the lead singer Asami is the consummate " Stage General"

Love the pinch guitar harmonics
click the captions for lyrics

Last edited:
#18 Set the World on Fire

The blue moon colors the blaze Stabbing myself with the thunder

The predetermined imitation An emotionless and a fearless smile

Flowing blood and crimson blade Devastated resolution Heat haze is waving far away
Who’s going to be sacrificed?

ON FIRE Just like a falling flower
ON FIRE Until this body rots away
Burning down to the Gates of Hell

Distorted madness is sneering Incompetent, cowardly fools A pitiful and painful punishment
It’s you who will be sacrificed

ON FIRE Dressed in an armor of steel
ON FIRE If I’m burned again and again
I’ll rise up from the Gates of Hell

Last edited:
#19 Judgement Day

After their last live performance with Set the World on Fire in March of 2021, Miho (Bass player) left the band due to personal reasons in August 2021 forcing the band to take a hiatus. In April they announced auditions for a new bass player and picked
the 20 year old Fami (a slap jazz fusion/pop) multi talented bassist. They played their first live performances March 11/12 this year featuring their newest album release Judgement Day. Title song video below.

#20 Stand and Deliver

Another fun video with their new Bass player. It will be interesting to see how Fami performs live with an audience. Hopefully, their concert footage on March 11th and 12th will be available in the future. It will also be interesting to see how Fami influences their next album as she didn't have much input on their latest which was formulated during their hiatus.

Cool stuff. Obviously trained musicians.

Way back in the ‘60’s my Japanese violin teacher took my mother and me to see the Spiders play. It was after the Beatles toured Japan.

I’ll never forget the look and sound. They sang Beatles music, “She rubs you”. Of course that is what the pronunciation was, but they were very good.

Pretty good... Added some of their tracks to my Spotify Plus master playlist. Can't wait to see the ol' lady's reaction when one of their songs comes on while we're in the car.
5 beautiful exceptionally talented women what could possibly be wrong with recognizing them? lol

Seriously, their physical appearance I believe is a negative to some. Silly but true.
JMO but I find them to be empowering to all women.

#22 Burden of Time

Playing guitar and keys same time? No problem.

click link

#23 Rising (heavy metal concert version)

captions available

#24, #25 another twofer MDO and Journey to the Other Side, a most poignant song composed by bassist Miho dedicated to her father who lost his life due to Covid. A truly sad emotional performance that brings tears of remorse from the viewer.

click on captions

#26 Scream for me

Entertaining video from the Midori stumble to the extensive guitar back and forth at the end with Asami grabbing a drumstick with all the energy
of the moment.

Click the link

One more video showing the incredible abilities of the new bass player Fami.
Don't care much for the song but am thoroughly impressed with her bass part,

original song

Fami - ized as an eighteen year old!!

#27 When Destinies Align

Eye patch on Midori is amusing . Mission statement from Lovebites. The value of positivity. Excellent dual guitar work.

The music on this one reminds me of Helloween, a speed metal band I listened to a lot as a teenager.
Lovebites does few covers which is a good decision but they did a cover from Helloween Eagle Fly Free

original

Lovebites cover

How did they do?

• Love
Reactions: NoleLizards
#28 Spellbound

Cute playful side of Miyako shown as she plays a keytar.

#29 Today is the day

Asami plays the piano. Lyrics ='s positive message

Click captions for lyrics

#30 Golden Destination

Lyrics:

Search for the answer as we sail into eternal distance Our fate, in the hands of blind chance Shout in the silence to find the right reason we strive If we don't, we may not make it out alive

There's no faith, there is nothing to lose Where there is a will, there is a way

We are soldiers born in fortune, we are chosen by fate We have no regret for this world that is full of silly desire We will choose our destination, we will take it and believe it I don't want to live, feeling like I'm dead Get ready, aim, fire!

A matter of my life, a matter of my death A matter of my life and death

Fear and disaster, it will fuel our hope and desire Our souls will be lit up from behind Fly in the dark sky to find the gold at the end If we don't, we will never find the truth

It's the only way to keep the faith Nothing more to lose, anymore... etc etc

#31 Nameless Warrior

Nice compilation video. Snippets of the band past before the bassist Miho left in August 2021 forcing the groups hiatus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT