ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Hernendez had CTE

DFSNOLE

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
DeFuniak Springs Country Club
And now his lawyer, Jose Baez, is suing the NFL and the Patriots for leading to believe football was safe. Never mind it's a game that he played his entire life. Ridiculous.

Advanced stages of CTE found in Aaron Hernandez's brain

BOSTON -- Tests conducted on the brain of former football star Aaron Hernandez showed severe signs of the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy, and his attorney said Thursday that the player's daughter is suing the NFL and the New England Patriots for leading Hernandez to believe the sport was safe.

In a news conference at his offices, Hernandez's attorney Jose Baez said the testing showed that Hernandez had one of the most severe cases of CTE ever diagnosed of a person of his age.

Hernandez was 27 when he killed himself in April.

Dr. Ann McKee, the director of the CTE Center at Boston University, concluded that the New England Patriots tight end had stage 3 of 4 of the disease and also had early brain atrophy and large perforations in a central membrane.

The $20 million lawsuit filed in federal court in Boston on Thursday claims that the team and league deprived Avielle Hernandez of the companionship of her father. It is separate from a $1 billion settlement in which the league agreed to pay families of players who suffered brain damage because of repeated head trauma while playing football.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20777856/lawyer-says-aaron-hernandez-had-advanced-stages-cte

Sounds like he and the murderer schemed about this before he did the world a favor and offed himself. Baez should name UF and Urban Meyer for allowing him to play after exhibiting his murderous tendencies at UF, which were covered up.

Jose Baez.....the same scummy lawyer who sprung Casey Anthony. Yeah, he is a reliable and credible person. The worst part is that Baez has an undergraduate degree from FSU (before attending the Uber-prestigious St. Thomas School of Law). Of course, Willie Meggs has 2 FSU degrees, so we are not without some blemishes on our academic ledger.

I don't understand why people are so hung up on this.

It draws a lot of attention because many people are taking their kids each week to play various sports. While assuming the risks with injuries associated with said sports, no one is looking to see their children permanently harmed.

I wonder if there has been a study examining other causes of CTE. It was reported that AH liked to get dusted--wonder what effect, if any, that had.

Reactions: DanC78
I wonder if there has been a study examining other causes of CTE. It was reported that AH liked to get dusted--wonder what effect, if any, that had.
He reportedly also thought of himself as a gang banger which would lead me to believe that he was involved in his share of fights receiving blows to an unprotected head.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Come on people....hung up....(insert rim shot sound here).

tenor.gif

Reactions: ggmike1992
Eventually there will be a landmark case against the NFL for CTE, whether or not it's this one, I have no idea.

But the credibility or public image of the plaintiff doesn't seem to matter all that much, as Gawker found out when Peter Thiel bankrolled Hulk Hogan's suit against them. So AH being a deranged serial killing goater may not hurt the case (much).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT