ADVERTISEMENT

ACC comments about NCAAT

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Did anyone see Phillips’ comments about the ACC only getting 5 bids? Basically that the committee needs to deemphasize NET or metrics and should go back to the ol’ eye test. Am I the only one finding this delusional? The reason why the ACC is falling further and further behind is money and premier programs like UNC, Louisville, Duke, and Syracuse promoting unqualified assistants instead of getting the best coaches in the country. The SEC money is now bleeding into other sports and it’s only going to get worse. I realize he’s not going to say that but look at the coaches those schools have hired. Basically their resume is “played at this school and was loyal assistant”. Who knows, maybe Hubert Davis turns it around after an awful season, maybe Scheyer improves on a solid season, maybe the Cuse guy I’ve never heard of injects some much needed life after Jim Boeheims corpse finally retired, and maybe Kenny Payne is fired after going 4 AND 28!!!! But my point is these are all arguably top 15 programs in college basketball and none of them went outside the family to bring in the best coaches they could find. These days with NIL and transfers Duke and UNC can’t just win bc of their name. Sorry this is a rant but I read that and just laughed.

Reactions: johnlwil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News