ADVERTISEMENT

Activists gone wild?

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Are you for or against any activist’s blocking traffic, civil disputes, vandalism of people’s property etc?

I’m against it flat out, and truthfully it actually makes me side against whatever cause they wish to bring awareness too!

I always have the same thought when it comes to BLM riots, Antifa, Jan 6, climate activists…

You don’t have anything going on? No jobs? No places to be? Just a random Wednesday and you’re out in the streets? You don’t have a family to take care of? Nothing?

Edit: I think Sebastian Maniscalco has a funny stand up bit that is along the same thoughts of—- you don’t have any where else to be today?

Reactions: englert1
Protests are what made America great. But ruining people's property, hurting others is too much. Just listen to MLK. He was ALWAYS for peaceful protests.
Agree. I don't get some of the activism these days. Protesting abortion by blowing up a clinic or protesting police violence by burning and looting or protesting election results by storming government buildings. Makes no sense.

Are you for or against any activist’s blocking traffic, civil disputes, vandalism of people’s property etc?

I’m against it flat out, and truthfully it actually makes me side against whatever cause they wish to bring awareness too!
Against 100%. If you cant make your point peacefully and lawfully you deserve what you get.

I always have the same thought when it comes to BLM riots, Antifa, Jan 6, climate activists…

You don’t have anything going on? No jobs? No places to be? Just a random Wednesday and you’re out in the streets? You don’t have a family to take care of? Nothing?

Edit: I think Sebastian Maniscalco has a funny stand up bit that is along the same thoughts of—- you don’t have any where else to be today?

Maybe some of them are getting paid and it is their job?????? Or maybe not.

GO NOLES!!!

" Settled Science Cult" proof that pure propaganda and fear mongering works on the low resolution mentality of the misled young. All about the bureaucratic grift obtained by the narrative,

Agree. I don't get some of the activism these days. Protesting abortion by blowing up a clinic or protesting police violence by burning and looting or protesting election results by storming government buildings. Makes no sense.
Peaceful protests ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bcherod
I'm not really against protests and marches that are on the street.
Yes it ties up traffic but IMO there are a lot of causes that warrant a protest and the attention they generate. If you simply protest in a corner where no one will notice, how do you get attention for your cause. If MLK and Co didn't march over the Edmond Pettus Bridge and the resulting atrocities by the local police weren't broadcast for the nation and world to see, I don't think the cause would have won over the sympathies of decent people who needed those images to finally realized what was happening (or it would have taken many more years of oppression to get there).

I'm not for property damage but I'm also not fickle enough to think in most cases that's done by a few knuckleheads (or counter protestors) who shouldn't taint the message of the whole group. Mind you, when thousands storm a govt building like happened here and Brazil, that's a very different for several businesses being looted or burned (not to minimize those events, they're criminal, but on a different scale).

Reactions: fsufool and DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT