ADVERTISEMENT

Airline tickets

bigmamanole

Contributor
Feb 24, 2004
I know this has been asked/posted several times. Would some point me in the right direction for airline tickets at great prices. We are going to England in December.

There will certainly be alot of people chime in but I have always found great prices on Google flights
This is what I use. I set up alerts based on the flights I want, and it pings me every time there's a price change up or down.

When we went to England last Spring Break I caught a 1-day dip in prices that let me get two tickets for $1,350 (after all the taxes and fees), non-stop, round trip on British Airways.

Do you think it's worth it if you're not paying for the premium membership? I've seen some good deals, but most of the emails are talking about what better deals you'd get if you were paying for the membership.

Do you think it's worth it if you're not paying for the premium membership? I've seen some good deals, but most of the emails are talking about what better deals you'd get if you were paying for the membership.
I had premium for a year and it wasnt that much better. But it is only like $30 per year so may be worth it.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I'd just encourage you while shopping for good deals, to not completely discount convenience. We've seen screaming deals for international travel but by the time you factor in awful flight times and multiple connections, to me you lose a lot of value. Agree with others about Google Flights, Kayak, etc.

Make sure you put your browser into incognito mode while you search. The algorithms are set up to recognize repeat visitors and tick the prices up, as a result.

A tip that many people don't do....depending where you are, look out of MIA, ORD, IAH, JFK, DTW, MCO.

Often times, it will be MUCH cheaper to buy a round trip flight to those cities, to catch another flight.

Reactions: NoleFan2U
A tip that many people don't do....depending where you are, look out of MIA, ORD, IAH, JFK, DTW, MCO.

Often times, it will be MUCH cheaper to buy a round trip flight to those cities, to catch another flight.

We want direct non stop.

Yes, but if your initial flight gets cancelled or delayed, you're likely SOL on the second flight.

I don't know if this is the same thing as google flights, but this is a google tool:

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

It lets you put in a range of days and parameters, and then shows you the price for each day, so you can see on a calendar when there might be one day to fly that would cost hundreds less. I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but it's been very helpful for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT