ADVERTISEMENT

All fan's vaccinated at raiders games

No, but many of these older folks have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to take care of themselves for years. If you don't think that has anything to do with it, that's fine. I disagree.

I said, older folks absolutely should consider the vaccine, and all boosters associated with it. Not sure what else I should say.
I think I will stick with not blaming the victims. This thing is destroying all kinds of people. My 60 year old neighbor got home this week after developing Guillain Barre syndrome July 4th. Unvaccinated and contracted Covid in the early spring In great shape and bikes countless miles a week. Has to learn to walk and use his arms again. Maybe I should text him and tell him “he had it coming to him”.

I think I will stick with not blaming the victims. This thing is destroying all kinds of people. My 60 year old neighbor got home this week after developing Guillain Barre syndrome July 4th. Unvaccinated and contracted Covid in the early spring In great shape and bikes countless miles a week. Has to learn to walk and use his arms again. Maybe I should text him and tell him “he had it coming to him”.
I have a friend in his 40s. Healthy. Been in Vanderbilt for 6
Weeks now. Covid ravaged his lungs. May need a lung transplant. He must have done something to deserve this

Glad not everyone thinks this way. More and more are realizing with this variant that they need the vaccine. Don’t get it but please stay home or mask up!!
I haven't worn a mask in 7 months. And I won't stay home either. Everyone needs to decide how much risk they are willing to take. You do too. Don't depend on anyone else to do it for you.

Funny, the only folks I know who have struggled with COVID have gotten the vaccine. And they struggled with vaccine reactions too.

And how many people do you know personally that have had this reaction? Not read about them in the news, but actually, personally know?
Can you describe their "reactions?" Side effects are common but adverse effects tend to be rare outside of a group of people who are medically determined to be at risk.

Can you describe their "reactions?" Side effects are common but adverse effects tend to be rare outside of a group of people who are medically determined to be at risk.
This is what they told me... One wife who's vaccinated young and strong. Had 105 fever (husband told me this). He had flu like symptoms for 4ish days. Another couple is mid 40s. Very healthy and fit, fully vaccinated. Terrible reactions to shot #2, and just recently got covid again and it knocked the both on their asses for about a week. Hope that answers your question.

I hope he recovers; that is terrible news.

As someone who's completed 2 Ironman triathlons, endurance athletes aren't healthy. I wasn't.

Reactions: GbrNole
Funny, the only folks I know who have struggled with COVID have gotten the vaccine. And they struggled with vaccine reactions too.

And how many people do you know personally that have had this reaction? Not read about them in the news, but actually, personally know?

I don't have to read because my on eyes see this daily. Yes some struggle with reactions to the vaccine but that's actually normal. That's why you are monitored for 15-30 minutes after your shot. And vaccinated people may "struggle" with the virus and believe it or not that's normal as well. The vaccine keeps you out of the hospital and the morgue for the most part. I'll give you this Stat. For maybe every 120 covid patients that arrive at the hospital maybe 5-10 are vaccinated. For every 10 deaths, around 1 is vaccinated. Your chances are better with the vaccine. There is no perfect vaccine but it increases your chances.

Reactions: goldmom
Your parents got you polio shots, right? Your shots for school? Measles, mumps, rubella? Tetanus? SOMEONE had to get a jab to provide that data.
I was in the group that provided the long term data on the largest group of "Guinea pigs" in history - the first group of preschoolers to get the Salk vaccine in 1955. You're welcome. 😉
Of course I got those shots, so did my kids.

How long did those shots have for a track record? How many years?

I didn't sayi
No Vaccine, no mask and no concern. Kind of takes the wind out of any points you try to make
I never said I had no concerns. But I don't go breathing in your air. I don't go somewhere that I know someone is sick. I wash my hands. I eat 85% well. I train 4 days a week, and walk outside the other 3.

This is what they told me... One wife who's vaccinated young and strong. Had 105 fever (husband told me this). He had flu like symptoms for 4ish days. Another couple is mid 40s. Very healthy and fit, fully vaccinated. Terrible reactions to shot #2, and just recently got covid again and it knocked the both on their asses for about a week. Hope that answers your question.
Those seem like extreme cases, but so be it. I'm not here to say it didn't happen, just that I don't think most get it that bad. I know people who had flu-like symptoms for a couple days, but it wasn't debilitating for them. Generally, side effects can be worse after the 2nd dose like your friends experienced. I had a sore arm where they poked me haha. I hope your friends are doing well now.

Reactions: goldmom and mjpwooo
They're all recovering. The only reason that I believe the 105 degree story is that the husband has no reason to lie to me. I was shocked the 4 of them have had these reactions.

I don't think you're selfish. I apologize if I came across that way.
A lot of people look healthy on the outside but they are train wrecks inside, you're right.

I don't get why folks won't get vaxxed but I wouldn't be in favor of the Fed's knocking on doors with syringes, either.
Stay safe!
I've had a crush on you for 10 years. No need to apologize.

My wife, one sister and 2 BILs... No adverse reactions so far to vaccines. Other sister was knocked on her ass after shot 2. Bad. I haven't asked anyone else, that I can think of.

I don't have to read because my on eyes see this daily. Yes some struggle with reactions to the vaccine but that's actually normal. That's why you are monitored for 15-30 minutes after your shot. And vaccinated people may "struggle" with the virus and believe it or not that's normal as well. The vaccine keeps you out of the hospital and the morgue for the most part. I'll give you this Stat. For maybe every 120 covid patients that arrive at the hospital maybe 5-10 are vaccinated. For every 10 deaths, around 1 is vaccinated. Your chances are better with the vaccine. There is no perfect vaccine but it increases your chances.
i'll wait, very patiently, for data to confirm any of that. in florida at least that is an absolute fallacy with respect to deaths.

65% of the weekly COVID deaths in florida are in the 65+ population. 98.8% of that age group state wide has had at least one shot. 86% are fully vaccinated.

i'll wait, very patiently, for data to confirm any of that. in florida at least that is an absolute fallacy with respect to deaths.

65% of the weekly COVID deaths in florida are in the 65+ population. 98.8% of that age group state wide has had at least one shot. 86% are fully vaccinated.
Do you have a link to update Florida Covid data. I’m having a hard time finding anything tangible recently.

Those numbers are probably correct but they are trending younger and the deaths are overwhelmingly unvaccinated. Just be safe and God bless. Delta is a game changer

Reactions: goldmom
Do you have a link to update Florida Covid data. I’m having a hard time finding anything tangible recently.
mayo clinic is the easiest place to find statewide vaccination data for states as a whole. CDC breaks it down to the county level.

i'm like a broken record but it is frustrating. FDOH is no better either since they only break the age groups down by fully vaccinated and give a cumulative number for the people that are partially vaccinated in the state.

edit:
i was able to drill down the CDC's data to the state level, 65+ and first dose / fully vaxxed numbers.

the CDC lists florida as 93.4% first dose and 81.1% fully vaxxed

the mayo clinic lists florida as 99.8% first dose and 86% fully vaxxed.

florida DOH reports its fully vaxxed 65+ age group at 86%

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiefWB
Glad not everyone thinks this way. More and more are realizing with this variant that they need the vaccine. Don’t get it but please stay home or mask up!!
I think more would do it if there was a more consistent message. Focus on the vaccine. Message the clear numbers. Message the lack of association with problems. Get spokesfolks of all kinds to send the message cooperatively and quit with the coercing. Those who will be coerced have been. Those left need to be convinced. They won’t all be but a lot can be. I see the vaccine issue differently wirh the new numbers. People will listen if you’re not yelling at them.

mayo clinic is the easiest place to find statewide vaccination data for states as a whole. CDC breaks it down to the county level.

i'm like a broken record but it is frustrating. FDOH is no better either since they only break the age groups down by fully vaccinated and give a cumulative number for the people that are partially vaccinated in the state.

edit:
i was able to drill down the CDC's data to the state level, 65+ and first dose / fully vaxxed numbers.

the CDC lists florida as 93.4% first dose and 81.1% fully vaxxed

the mayo clinic lists florida as 99.8% first dose and 86% fully vaxxed.

florida DOH reports its fully vaxxed 65+ age group at 86%
I am looking for the daily/weekly new case/mortality numbers. I try and stay away from worldometers.

I think more would do it if there was a more consistent message. Focus on the vaccine. Message the clear numbers. Message the lack of association with problems. Get spokesfolks of all kinds to send the message cooperatively and quit with the coercing. Those who will be coerced have been. Those left need to be convinced. They won’t all be but a lot can be. I see the vaccine issue differently wirh the new numbers. People will listen if you’re not yelling at them.
Your best post yet. Couldn't agree more. Transparency and ownership should be the message and action a this point in time imo.

Reactions: GbrNole
I am looking for the daily/weekly new case/mortality numbers. I try and stay away from worldometers.
in the florida DOH link the last page gives you the age group mortality data but it's a damn song and a dance because you have to compare it to the prior week and subtract the difference. they complicate matters by using the same web link for the weekly updates so you have to save the report (or record the data) from the prior week to compare.

here is the gross cumulative mortality data reported during the past 5 weeks.

16-Jul23-Jul30-Jul6-Aug13-Aug
<16777810
16-29150156160166179
30-39383387393414451
40-4910651082111011611240
50-5927442791285129443097
60-6426842715275328162919
65+3135531532318053218632870

and here are the weekly mortality differentials during that period.

7/23 diff%7/30 diff%8/6 diff%8/13 diff%
<1600.0000.0010.1620.19
16-2962.1340.9860.97131.21
30-3941.4261.47213.41373.45
40-49176.03286.85518.28797.38
50-594716.676014.679315.1015314.29
60-643110.99389.296310.231039.62
65+17762.7727366.7538161.8568463.87

Reactions: ChiefWB
My written words came across extremely harsh and insensitive. For that, I apologize. It was not my intent. Goldmom said it best... Covid fatigue is very real for me and message board discussion seems to bring out my worst. I wish we could discuss this face to face. Well, with some of you.

Contrary to what a few said and think, I don't want anyone to get sick. I do think everyone needs to weigh their personal risk tolerance and act accordingly, and assume no one is going to help you. And no judgements should be made on any side. Including me. Most aren't behaving selfishly, or for selfish reasons, even if they/I disagree with you.

One last thing.... One poster on page 4 said that non vaccinated people 'absolutely should be discriminated against.' For this, I'd have zero tolerance. I'd expect most on here would agree with me there.

Good night everyone.

UF is the worst, followed by Miami and NC State.........

My written words came across extremely harsh and insensitive. For that, I apologize. It was not my intent. Goldmom said it best... Covid fatigue is very real for me and message board discussion seems to bring out my worst. I wish we could discuss this face to face. Well, with some of you.

Contrary to what a few said and think, I don't want anyone to get sick. I do think everyone needs to weigh their personal risk tolerance and act accordingly, and assume no one is going to help you. And no judgements should be made on any side. Including me. Most aren't behaving selfishly, or for selfish reasons, even if they/I disagree with you.

One last thing.... One poster on page 4 said that non vaccinated people 'absolutely should be discriminated against.' For this, I'd have zero tolerance. I'd expect most on here would agree with me there.

Good night everyone.

UF is the worst, followed by Miami and NC State.........
I like when things are allowed to get to this point. This is all a major pain in the ass. Personally. Socially. Professionally. Financially. Everything. And there are strong opinions. Nice to see the discussion wax and wane but stay within a range everyone seems ok with.

Reactions: GbrNole and goldmom
Of course I got those shots, so did my kids.

How long did those shots have for a track record? How many years?
My point was that millions of Moms in the 50's believed their government health officials when they said this vaccine is safe for your children and so millions of us took that shot with no long term data...and thus today I am that data...for you and for your kids.
I'm glad my Mom made me get that shot now (I screamed then)
The side effects you talk about are common. You know what they mean? They mean your immune system has been activated by the first one so it reacts when you get the second one. Most people do have a reaction to the second one in varying degrees. My daughter and I (Pfizer) both ran low fevers and felt tired and listless the next day. It's actually a good thing. My son (J&J) ran a 101 fever the next day and so did his wife.
Whatever you decide, best of luck!

Reactions: danoleman
My point was that millions of Moms in the 50's believed their government health officials when they said this vaccine is safe for your children and so millions of us took that shot with no long term data...and thus today I am that data...for you and for your kids.
I'm glad my Mom made me get that shot now (I screamed then)
The side effects you talk about are common. You know what they mean? They mean your immune system has been activated by the first one so it reacts when you get the second one. Most people do have a reaction to the second one in varying degrees. My daughter and I (Pfizer) both ran low fevers and felt tired and listless the next day. It's actually a good thing. My son (J&J) ran a 101 fever the next day and so did his wife.
Whatever you decide, best of luck!
I forgot to add in my post I got the Moderna and I had fatigue and a slight fever after the first shot but one of my coworkers that got it the same time as me had a much stronger reaction and had to call out the next day. I came to work but probably should have called out as well. The second shot I could barely lift my arm for a full day. I didn't care because I felt like I was doing the right thing and setting the right example for my skeptical household. Now all are vaccinated and I couldn't be more proud.

Reactions: Dhersh and goldmom
Better person than me.
agree. most people are.
That's a judgemental BS way to think. Two thumbs down
and one finger up. very judgmental, self righteous, and intolerant mindset. condemns an entire population yet does not know their rationale. what a rube.
Doesn't make me selfish at all.
people have a right to do what they want with their bodies. i took the vaccine but can understand why others don't.

Reactions: GbrNole and mjpwooo
agree. most people are.

and one finger up. very judgmental, self righteous, and intolerant mindset. condemns an entire population yet does not know their rationale. what a rube.

people have a right to do what they want with their bodies. i took the vaccine but can understand why others don't.
Obsessed! It’s hilarious
I tried to message you privately like a man but it won’t let me.
maybe back off the personal insults. Don’t want to get this thread locked.

Last edited:
florida numbers updated for this week's report. cumulative deaths in the first chart. differential deaths week over week in the second chart.

deaths are up again unfortunately but cases are down so hopefully we have peaked out.

16-Jul23-Jul30-Jul6-Aug13-Aug20-Aug
<1677781011
16-29150156160166179207
30-39383387393414451502
40-49106510821110116112401344
50-59274427912851294430973313
60-64268427152753281629193060
65+313553153231805321863287033815

7/23 diff%7/30 diff%8/6 diff%8/13 diff%8/20 diff%
<1600.0000.0010.1620.1910.07
16-2962.1340.9860.97131.21281.88
30-3941.4261.47213.41373.45513.43
40-49176.03286.85518.28797.381047.00
50-594716.676014.679315.1015314.2921614.54
60-643110.99389.296310.231039.621419.49
65+17762.7727366.7538161.8568463.8794563.59

Looking forward to the new excuses now that Pfizer has full FDA approval

I agree, and I think there is no good reason to not get stuck. None.

That said, I also think even with it, we are dealing with an endemic, not something we will see end. Within a few years it will be all over no matter what we do. We will see variants and spikes and good years and bad years, but we will move on.

I agree, and I think there is no good reason to not get stuck. None.

That said, I also think even with it, we are dealing with an endemic, not something we will see end. Within a few years it will be all over no matter what we do. We will see variants and spikes and good years and bad years, but we will move on.
I'll disagree a little bit here, assuming I am interpreting the double negative correctly.

We just don't know what the long term issues could be. They may, and probably will, be nothing. But we don't know for sure. That's a good reason why. If a woman has concerns over getting pregnant, that may be a good reason. There are others, I'd think too.

I tried to message you privately like a man
now this is hilarious in multiple ways. does being 'like a man' include your routine of razzing some poster and then reporting them when they throw it back at you?
i opened my pm. you got something say, then say it.
maybe back off the personal insults.
maybe take your own advice. you're posting some sarcastic or negative comment to posters on every other thread you're in. just today you're in a thread correcting someone's grammar. lol.

Last edited:
I'll disagree a little bit here, assuming I am interpreting the double negative correctly.

We just don't know what the long term issues could be. They may, and probably will, be nothing. But we don't know for sure. That's a good reason why. If a woman has concerns over getting pregnant, that may be a good reason. There are others, I'd think too.
I get that, but the same can be said for long term impacts of having Covid. It's not realistic to wait decades to get this. That said, you should not be forced to.

Reactions: mjpwooo

that and the pure numbers aspect of it.

if you're over 50, or if you're immune compromised, or if you're in generally poor physical shape, of if you have one of the statistically significant underlying conditions like diabetes etc., then it's a very simple choice - get the damn vaccine.

but for people <50, heck just taking the 40-49 age group, the survival rate of confirmed cases is 99.63%. it improves from there as younger populations are included.

now factor that with the approximate 8-10% chance that you actually become infected to even have to consider the above.

on the flip side there is a 100% chance you could be exposed to an adverse event from the meds by taking the jab. not saying someone will but it is more certain than the alternative.

Reactions: mjpwooo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT