ADVERTISEMENT

All time bad losses

JEHseminole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Been rewatching a lot of old CFB (FSU and non-FSU). But I just finished 2000 Miami game. Honestly never rewatched that one before, and I think it has to take the cake as the worst loss I have ever seen. FSU left a pretty easy 24 points on the field in the first half and another 10 points in the second half. It was a game that truly should have never been close.

Wenke threw for 496 yards and 3 TD's and played terribly. Missed another 3 TD's (2 were picks and 1 was a tip away on 4th down). Also left another 150-200 yards on the field.

Despite succes early, after getting up 14-0 Miami essentially could not do much of anything offensively against FSU. And then despite our offenses best efforts to lose, we still get up 24-20 with 1:38 left thanks to an incredible strip of Davenport by Tay Cody. And then Mickey completely changes what we are doing defensively and goes prevent. Miami went from being totally inable to move the football, to marching the length of the field and scoring a TD in roughly 50 seconds.

I know 2004 UF comes to mind when you think of bad losses, but the 2000 Miami loss is probably the worst loss I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News