ADVERTISEMENT

Alternatives to TOC?

seminole97

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jun 14, 2005
My wife likes to destroy her knee. She tore her ACL and meniscus in 2016 at the Clemson game, then she tore ACL, MCL and meniscus this April.
Since that wasn't enough she tore her meniscus some more a few weeks ago.
TOC handled the surgeries previously, but the surgeon has since left for Colorado. After reviewing her MRI this time they said she'll need another meniscus repair. They said the wait for the surgery will be about two months.
Any recs for an alternative within a few hours of Tallahassee?

I can’t think of any, but I’m sure there has to be something. That said, with a practice that big, two and half months seems like a long time.

I can’t think of any, but I’m sure there has to be something. That said, with a practice that big, two and half months seems like a long time.

She doesn't have any eligibility left, so we may have to pull some other strings to get seen quicker...

Reactions: DFSNOLE
My wife likes to destroy her knee. She tore her ACL and meniscus in 2016 at the Clemson game, then she tore ACL, MCL and meniscus this April.
Since that wasn't enough she tore her meniscus some more a few weeks ago.
TOC handled the surgeries previously, but the surgeon has since left for Colorado. After reviewing her MRI this time they said she'll need another meniscus repair. They said the wait for the surgery will be about two months.
Any recs for an alternative within a few hours of Tallahassee?
Who was the surgeon who left? See Dr. Wong there. It take a while to get into see him but he is one of the best.

Reactions: squiffynole
Go to Shands if your wife's knee needs that many revisions you need an expert. That's not happening is Tallahassee.

Is your wife a street fighter?

Alcohol is a helluva drug.
Tore the first ACL climbing a railing at Doak in the 3rd quarter. We got home from the ER about 5 that morning.
The April damage was attempting to show my daughter how to do a cartwheel while on a hill - wine was a factor.
The latest meniscus tear is because she’s stubborn and wanted to plant flowers at the mailbox. Jumping on an shovel less than four months after replacing ACL, MCL and grafting an ALL is not recommended. Alcohol was not a factor this time, she just wanted to prove me wrong when I suggested timing on this project wasn’t ideal for recovery.
Sometimes I hate being right.

I see Fox too (Destin office), I've had several PTs recommend him to me. If nothing else you get a second opinion and you've got an excuse to go to the beach

Niceville is my old stomping grounds. My brother’s family is still there.
Now to see how fast she can be seen...

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT