ADVERTISEMENT

Annoying stuff your house guests do

My MiL pronounces tomato as if she’s British. She also pronounces Basil the same way. Both with a short a...it makes no sense.

She walks around in house slippers on our hardwood floors dragging her feet.

She told me yesterday we were out of butter (we keep it out on the counter in a covered butter dish). I told her there is another stick in the fridge. She says back to me, “but it’s not soft, it won’t spread on my toast.”

My wife made her dad a coffee and put Splenda in it. Her mom jumped all over her saying it would give him cancer and to not feed him that stuff...she was genuinely upset.
She then walked outside to smoke her tenth cigarette of the day ( she smokes a pack a day, she is the only one in the family who smokes).

I love her though...it’s more funny than annoying to me.

As far as my siblings go, (I have 3 older sisters) they’re great. If I had to nit-pick I’d say they all talk over each other and have never been on time for anything in their life. It’s truly amazing.

If they were talking about me they’d say I drink one too many and cuss too much.

Ask my mother and she’d say I’m perfect :)

Speaking of my mother...I could write a book on the things she does. I’ll just say she has regressed into a child with age, similar to Benjamin Buttons, except for the body aging part of course.

I love my family though...they are all good people. I’m fortune to have them.

Your mother in law needs someone to put out a contract on her - :)

Your mother in law needs someone to put out a contract on her - :)

Lol...there are some good qualities about as well...I think .

But she means no harm and we poke fun at her pretty hard. The only one that truly gets under my skin is the dragging of her feet on the hardwood floors...that is really freaking annoying.

I can get vouchers for The Egg & I, but I would probably get banned.
So, banning is a bad thing?
Watch out for Go NolesTx. He has issues...
Naw, he prolly is a good roomie.
Colorado habits will help him be a good one to hang with...

Well. This has me about 4 shades of confused, but... thanks?

Jim knows I'd do my best to cook some quality meals for the household.
I was kinda PUI. Welcome to the East. We look forward to hearing of your acclimation to Florida world. Hope you avoid crazy Florida man stories...

Reactions: GoNolesTX
After 15 years of crazy visits with family we have all agreed to this and it seems to be working:

Two night limit

I’m lucky, I get the in-laws back tomorrow night. Luckily only for one night, but yeah.

We had both my parents and her parents this Christmas. They could not be more polar opposite. My parents stay so much out of the way that they are almost afraid to pick up our little one. I have to tell my mom that it is ok. He is their grandson. My dad did drive me to the bar this weekend and hung with me a few friends. It was a little out of character for him as he isn’t a drinker, but it was fun and I had a DD.

My MIL and FIL are always jumping down each other’s throats. My FIL is pretty cool, but my MIL annoys me to no end sometimes. Wants to parent our kids. We decided to adopt a family and use my oldest son’s birthday party to supplement the gifts to the family. The family relocated to Bonifay after losing everything in PC after Michael. He gets so much crap this time of the year and never plays with it. We got him a few gifts for him, so he wasn’t without. The MIL seemed offended and instead of respecting our wishes, only got him gifts. He will never use them. If we aren’t doing what she wants us to do, she does it her way regardless. Annoying as hell.
You a fellow Bonifay native? HCHS class of 2003 for me

Reactions: squiffynole
The in-laws are mentally stuck electronically at the carbon paper stage.

Their one cell phone is basically never used...text them a pic of the grandkids!?...forget about that. Call us when on way from out of state to give us an idea when you will arrive...nope. They act like a cell phone is an EPIRB which should only be turned on/used during an emergency...then only if it’s charged.

The in-laws are mentally stuck electronically at the carbon paper stage.

There one cell phone is basically never used...text them a pic of the grandkids!?...forget about that. Call us when on way from out of state to give us an idea when you will arrive...nope. They act like a cell phone is an EPIRB which should only be turned on/used during an emergency...then only if it’s charged.
I am about to learn what a smart phone is...
I don’t have married kids.

wife gives her parents our bedroom as its the only one on the main floor so they don't have to walk up steps. MIL smokes in master bathroom with the windows open. Wife denied MIL was doing that for years. MIL is getting old so she has no filter.

FIL is in the Marine Corps League and the old dudes in it argue like a bunch of old crows. He's been quitting for ten years and I get a full blown account of their disputes all the time.

BIL talks loud cause he's hard of hearing. He also interrupts you while you are talking and talks over everyone. Last time he was here he did it and I said, "Hey I'm sorry I kept talking when you interrupted me."

They are good people for their most part so I overlook their idiosyncrancies just like they overlook mine.

Reactions: dmm5157
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT