ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody ever done this for tailgating?

HilltopperNole

Seminole Insider
Jun 23, 2015
So usually we just use a long range antenna and get the Fox and CBS games in the tailgating lot.

I had a thought I to get the ESPN games, though I think this could have some problems.

The idea would be to get a MyFi stick for Internet, get the games on my IPad using The Watch ESPN app, broadcast game to TV using Chrome cast.

Thoughts?

So usually we just use a long range antenna and get the Fox and CBS games in the tailgating lot.

I had a thought I to get the ESPN games, though I think this could have some problems.

The idea would be to get a MyFi stick for Internet, get the games on my IPad using The Watch ESPN app, broadcast game to TV using Chrome cast.

Thoughts?

It's been done, and often has to be for espn3.

It doesn't work very well, and WILL freeze up from time to time, and that can get rather annoying. Don't be cheap.

It's been done, and often has to be for espn3.

It doesn't work very well, and WILL freeze up from time to time, and that can get rather annoying. Don't be cheap.

Is it worth it if you get the right equipment or too much hassle?

Sling box, air card & laptop, HDMI cable to whatever audio/video arrangement you care to setup on aux power.... watch any channel that is on you home cable service.

Edit.... actually I just thought about this setup. I'm definitely going to try it at a game this year, I will advise.

Last edited:
Just remember that the wireless networks are jammed with the high traffic and service can be spotty.

We use the watchESPN app through one of our phones connected via an hdmi cable. We use an ota antenna for cbs/nbc/fox/abc. All powered using a deep cycle marine battery.

Just remember that the wireless networks are jammed with the high traffic and service can be spotty.
This. Internet use over cellular networks is terrible on game days. If you know a student, there is campus wide WIFI that is password protected that you might be able to use. Not sure if the signal will be strong enough for streaming though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT