ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever win a defamation “ per se” lawsuit?

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Got a counter suit going with three counts of libel against former client!

Wrongful termination ( breach of contract)

Thinking of adding his mother on a “ tortious interference”, suit as well

Reactions: BrianNole777
Then why start the thread?
I didn't start the thread. Just gave my opinion. Some things don't need to be discussed with a bunch of people you know nothing about. What if someone here was involved in the case?

Reactions: goldmom
My daughter is an executive recruiter and she is adamant about the fact that many a hire has been passed on because they still had college pics on social media showing them boozing, puking, passed out and other youthful indiscretions and forms of stupidity.
The brilliant gal executive who trashed BudLite and ruined the brand made fun of its “fratty image” and lo and behold two days later WHAM pics of her puking at a party show up and …thank you Internet.
Scrub everything off your online presence. Recruiters go to that as soon as your leave after your interview. And any tickets or legal judgments or a dreaded DUI.

My daughter is an executive recruiter and she is adamant about the fact that many a hire has been passed on because they still had college pics on social media showing them boozing, puking, passed out and other youthful indiscretions and forms of stupidity.
The brilliant gal executive who trashed BudLite and ruined the brand made fun of its “fratty image” and lo and behold two days later WHAM pics of her puking at a party show up and …thank you Internet.
Scrub everything off your online presence. Recruiters go to that as soon as your leave after your interview. And any tickets or legal judgments or a dreaded DUI.

Great point about social media.

My attorney friend mentioned a disputed paternity case where a preacher denied meeting his allegedly mistress.

On Facebook, the opposing attorney found a picture of the mistress that the preacher had "Liked."

Case closed. :)

I wasn’t going to share anything like that, but do appreciate your inputs

I was just wondering if anyone had success with a defamation suit

Reactions: BrianNole777
Boozing, puking, passed out and other youthful indiscretions and forms of nudity. Oh, my.....and I thought I was safe since the statute of limitations and any outstanding warrants expires after 40 years.. Robin, To the Bat Pole!

I've seen a lot of people passed over during the hiring process and even let go due to social media issues.

Reactions: goldmom

It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove.​

Lt. Kaffee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT