ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 20 The PGA Championship

backwards hat Rory swinging confidently today
Seattle Mariners GIF by ROOT SPORTS

Scheffler is not a mudder with the way he moves those feet, lucky he didn't put that one in the water

Reactions: NoleLizards
I thought it was unpayable and he would be hitting 4

Our broadcast is stuck in a 5 second loop over and over and over for the last 30 min at least. Anyone else having that issue?

Well leave it to Spectrum to not exactly provide accurate info.

Ah, now I understand, My Dads neighborhood in Mt Dora has HOA-supplied cable from Spectrum. There have been times I will call and do not get a word in because I have to listen to a tirade about Spectrum.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill From Tampa
This is part of what Brooks had to say after yesterday's round.

"So what will Koepka do differently to try and capture his fifth major championship and become the first player from the LIV Golf League to win one?

"I promise I won't show up like [the Masters] tomorrow," Koepka told CBS after Saturday's round. "I won't have that thought process. It'll be completely different and we'll see where it puts me."

Koepka, a two-time winner of both the PGA Championship and U.S. Open, actually had a 4-shot lead when play resumed in the third round of the weather-delayed Masters in April. He had a 2-stroke lead entering the final round but was never able to get anything going. Earlier this week, he called it "choking."

"Learning what I learned at Augusta kind of helped [Saturday]," Koepka said. "Like I said, I won't do it again the rest of my career. But that doesn't mean that you can't go play bad. You can play good, you'll play bad, but I'll never have that mindset or that won't ever be the reason (he doesn't win).""

You may not like him, but he will tell you the truth as he sees it, even if that truth is unflattering to himself, like "choking".
I like him and will be cheering for him.
They flashed a stat that I can't find right now about his majors record.
I think it was as follows.
30 (or was it 36) Majors played.
16 top 10s (pretty sure of this one)
3 Missed Cuts
4 Major wins.

That's impressive!

This is part of what Brooks had to say after yesterday's round.

"So what will Koepka do differently to try and capture his fifth major championship and become the first player from the LIV Golf League to win one?

"I promise I won't show up like [the Masters] tomorrow," Koepka told CBS after Saturday's round. "I won't have that thought process. It'll be completely different and we'll see where it puts me."

Koepka, a two-time winner of both the PGA Championship and U.S. Open, actually had a 4-shot lead when play resumed in the third round of the weather-delayed Masters in April. He had a 2-stroke lead entering the final round but was never able to get anything going. Earlier this week, he called it "choking."

"Learning what I learned at Augusta kind of helped [Saturday]," Koepka said. "Like I said, I won't do it again the rest of my career. But that doesn't mean that you can't go play bad. You can play good, you'll play bad, but I'll never have that mindset or that won't ever be the reason (he doesn't win).""

You may not like him, but he will tell you the truth as he sees it, even if that truth is unflattering to himself, like "choking".
I like him and will be cheering for him.
They flashed a stat that I can't find right now about his majors record.
I think it was as follows.
30 (or was it 36) Majors played.
16 top 10s (pretty sure of this one)
3 Missed Cuts
4 Major wins.

That's impressive!

I don't hate him--he's a Nole, and that settles that. But I won't pick any LIV players, period.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I don't hate him--he's a Nole, and that settles that. But I won't pick any LIV players, period.
I tend to give Brooks a little more of a pass for taking the easy money with LIV anyway since he doesn't owe the PGA Tour so much for his rise to prominence. Koepka cut his teeth professionally on the Challenge Tour overseas and then was never much of a factor in regular PGA Tour events after returning to America. Brooks of course made a name for himself with his stellar performances in Majors.

In conclusion, Koepka doesn't really owe the PGA Tour (nor its equivalent overseas in the Euro/DP Tour) for his rise to success as much as others who have made the jump.

What do those tours have to do with the rise and prominence of players? In the end it is the players who are. Either they can play or they can't.

Reactions: seminoleed
What do those tours have to do with the rise and prominence of players? In the end it is the players who are. Either they can play or they can't.

nu·ance

/ˈno͞oˌäns/
noun
a subtle difference in or shade of meaning, expression, or sound.
"the nuances of facial expression and body language"

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
This course is going already showing it's going to yield some low scores today.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Hovland had to get it out of that bunker, he and his caddie had to of seen Conners replay from yesterday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT