ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone purchase a suit recently, where did you go? Online - Indochino reviews?

funksouljon

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 26, 2004
COS, CO
Been looking for a new black suit, need for a wedding. Was looking at indochino.com for custom fit. Not looking for something $1500 + so perhaps JV LR can speak up.

Anyone have experience with indochino or other online custom fit locations? I have always used Macy's or JC Penny back in the day, haven't had much of a need in the last 10 years so what have I missed in the last decade?

Get a Peter Millar custom job. Find yourself a good men's store that has a tailor on staff that can make it fit correctly.

I second that on Men's Wearhouse. Jos A. Bank might be cheaper but it takes a lot longer to get tailoring. I went to MW yesterday and bought a bunch of new clothes for my birthday. I got $800 worth of stuff for about $500 since I'm a member of their club.

I own 4 Indochino suits. Great quality suits as my tailored stated who I had to take them to get altered after I lost 20 lbs. They do reimburse you for issues if they don't fit. Also something to consider, order them before you need them. They take 3-4 weeks to get so you have time to get them tailored if needed. They will reimburse you if you need it.

If you want a discount referral code let me know.

Nic's Toggery is you are in or near Tallahassee. Support people who support FSU, when you can.

Good experience with Indochino. If you are particular about the fit, a bespoke suit is the way to go, no doubt.

I second the Suit Supply recommendation. They have stores in all the major cities and also have online purchasing. They have a few levels of suits starting at $399 plus other pants, shirts, socks, shoes, etc... It is great quality for the money, a really nice buying experience and the suits have a custom look and feel to them.

Do not buy a black suit. Waste of money. Nobody ever wears black suits other than at funerals and weddings.

Figure out some way to rent one or buy a cheap one. Better yet, fake an illness and bail out of the wedding altogether.

Stupid brides with their stupid requests...

Do not buy a black suit. Waste of money. Nobody ever wears black suits other than at funerals and weddings.

Figure out some way to rent one or buy a cheap one. Better yet, fake an illness and bail out of the wedding altogether.

I had a black suite always got compliments on it.

Are you serious? Ever hear of the Blues Brothers? Instant Halloween costume.

If the OP ever wants to be a chauffeur...boom. Done.

The possibilities are endless...

For men especially, since the classics really never go out of style, I like Saks Off Fifth. They're quite a bit cheaper than the main Saks Fifth Ave stores, and again, men's styles don't change much year-to-year. After purchase, take your suit to a tailor and have it fitted properly.

Resurrection time!

Firstly, EVERY adult man needs a black suit. Reasons mentioned above, or what if you just want to be come a well dressed hit man?

I was leaning to indochino, couple recommendations above said they liked theirs so I went that route. Suit arrived 1.5 weeks early. Love their product with my sample of 1. I got a 3 piece and a custom fit shirt for the same price as a nice suit from some of the above mentioned places. Decided to just rent a solid black down there as well as I really don't wear suits enough to justify multiple in same color family.

I have always struggled to get off the shelf stuff to fit right. Monkey-like long arms, tall but not fat, etc. I may now only buy custom fit shirts, this one fits so much better than generic neck and arm length with big blousey torso. I love the fit, I think Barney may have been right the whole time.

I've bought suits many different ways from many different stores. You can get a pretty good suit for about under $100 if you find the right time. Just picked up a Kenneth Cole from Macy's for $90. Unless you are looking for a $1k+ suit, there is no reason to spend more than $100.

Well should you be interested in buying an Indochino suit let me know before so you can get a $50 referral discount.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT