ADVERTISEMENT

Argument for the BIG. . .

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
I know most feel the SEC is the best fit for us mainly due to geographic logistics. I have always been more of a supporter of us headed into the BIG, and if the rumors are true regarding Oregon, Washington, and Clemson, I would be even more supportive of that move. I heard the BIG is going to be renegotiating their TV contracts relatively soon. When we think about the arms race between the BIG and the SEC this move by the BIG would be a huge strategic move. They would basically have the entire country within its footprint. The SEC has some great teams, great matchups, and a huge following, there is no doubt in that, but the SEC commissioner even admitted he wanted to keep their footprint to the southeast. Imagine the contract the BIG could negotiate to TV networks when they are now encompassing the entire country.

When I think about travel to away games, is it really that much different to fly to Michigan vs Texas? I mean, most of the time regarding flying is airport time and travel, the actual flight time is a drop in the bucket regarding travel issues. I feel long term, if this happens with the BIG, and we are part of that expansion, they would have the leg up on the SEC, and it would benefit us to be part of that.

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: tnole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News