ADVERTISEMENT

At this point....

nolepaul23

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 26, 2002
We should just shut down for the rest of the season. Let the players know what's going on and begin off season workouts. Cut our losses and prepare for next year. This COVID crap is driving me insane. Bobby Bowden got it at 90 and survived. Nick Saban has caught it TWICE and gotten no more than a runny nose according to him. I see no reason to be postponing and/or cancelling games for a virus that has a 99.6% survival rate. Enough is enough.

We should just shut down for the rest of the season. Let the players know what's going on and begin off season workouts. Cut our losses and prepare for next year. This COVID crap is driving me insane. Bobby Bowden got it at 90 and survived. Nick Saban has caught it TWICE and gotten no more than a runny nose according to him. I see no reason to be postponing and/or cancelling games for a virus that has a 99.6% survival rate. Enough is enough.
Nick saban was a false positive the first time. That's the problem with being tested, they aren't accurate.

Reactions: JEHseminole
I’m all for it. I don’t think playing one more game against Duke is going to make any difference.

No. We ABSOLUTELY NEED the practices.

Do you think the kids want to practice if they aren't going to play??

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these kids flat out quit at this point. Not enter the transfer portal, just walk away from the game.

You can thank the national media and one particular political party.
We would be much better off with covid if folks did three things: 1) wear a mask in public 2) wash hands often 3) stay six feet from others. I dont understand why these medical and public health needs have become a macho/political challenge for folks. You can assert your independence from science, but we all suffer when you do.

Obesity & diabetes.

The same people dying or getting extremely sick are the same people dying if the caught the flu. For everyone else it’s just a cold.

Call it whatever you want but the people calling the shots at this university are a pseudo-intellectual farce. What gives a bunch of outsiders the right to ruin our brand with every decision they make?

Or the 265,000 dead and 1,000 plus per day right now..
Look at total deaths this year compared to other years. Tell me where Covid has contributed to extra deaths? Funny how the decrease in deaths from heart disease, cancer, and other chronic illnesses this year is right around 260,000 from where they would normally average. 2020 is on pace for fewest deaths in the USA since 2016.

Look at total deaths this year compared to other years. Tell me where Covid has contributed to extra deaths? Funny how the decrease in deaths from heart disease, cancer, and other chronic illnesses this year is right around 260,000 from where they would normally average. 2020 is on pace for fewest deaths in the USA since 2016.

Logic isn’t their strong suit.

Lots of people (sheep) who need somebody o tell them what to do and what to think.

The flu on average kills 61000 a year in the US. Covid has killed nearly 260,000. this is not a flu or a cold. I have now lost 3 people under the age of 60 but over 50 that had no underlying health conditions. Your opinions and that is all they are are ill advised and not based in facts. But you can believe and say what you want. This is the USA after all and you have that right. It doesn't make you correct though. I hope you all stay healthy during this painful time in our Country.

Logic isn’t their strong suit.

Lots of people (sheep) who need somebody o tell them what to do and what to think.
And looking at facts are not many others strong suit...I would argue those who proceed with out facts or predetermined views not based on logic/facts are the sheep...

The flu on average kills 61000 a year in the US. Covid has killed nearly 260,000. this is not a flu or a cold. I have now lost 3 people under the age of 60 but over 50 that had no underlying health conditions. Your opinions and that is all they are are ill advised and not based in facts. But you can believe and say what you want. This is the USA after all and you have that right. It doesn't make you correct though. I hope you all stay healthy during this painful time in our Country.

More people die of lung cancer each year than COVID. But do you see the government telling people to stop smoking??

More people die of lung cancer each year than COVID. But do you see the government telling people to stop smoking??

Wrong! Estimated 142k died of lung cancer in 2019...At current rate we will have well over 300k deaths due to covid in 2020...

You use 3 anecdotal cases as proof. Did you see the paper from Johns Hopkins a few days ago? Concluded that Covid has not contributed to extra deaths. You didn't address anything i said regarding the CDC yearly death totals.

I am sorry for your losses. But the data flat out shows our response to this is not warranted.

Wrong! 146k died of lung cancer in 2019...At current rate we will have well over 300k deaths due to covid in 2020...
Heart disease, cancer and other chronic diseases are all down this year. If Covid contributed to EXTRA deaths, you would expect all those other diseases to be at normal rates and then have extra COVID deaths. That is not the case. And when you break down the CDC data, those other diseases in total are down roughly 260,000. Where have we heard that number before....

you know they don’t like facts

Heart disease, cancer and other chronic diseases are all down this year. If Covid contributed to EXTRA deaths, you would expect all those other diseases to be at normal rates and then have extra COVID deaths. That is not the case. And when you break down the CDC data, those other diseases in total are down roughly 260,000. Where have we heard that number before....

You can probably blame their doctors for not treating them right away with hydroxychloroquine. 84% lower hospital rate.

If only someone would have mentioned this drug for treatment during early onset of symptoms......

Reactions: nynole1
You can probably blame their doctors for not treating them right away with hydroxychloroquine. 84% lower hospital rate.

If only someone would have mentioned this drug for treatment during early onset of symptoms......

It doesn’t matter if it works or not... some people will refuse to take it because one particular person supports it. Complete morons.

Reactions: whitworth15
It doesn’t matter if it works or not... some people will refuse to take it because one particular person supports it. Complete morons.
Haha cracked me up when they would only study end of life use .
Look... It makes no difference when this person isdying on a ventilator, so it doesn't work.. RREEEEEEEEEE

You might want to re read the CDC data...there are significant number of excess deaths than non covid Year...significant. Most believe it’s due to people being afraid to go to emergency room or see their doctor when issues arise.

Reactions: IndianaNOLE69

That crap doesn't work and has been shown not to work by credible sources.

You might want to re read the CDC data...there are significant number of excess deaths than non covid Year...significant. Most believe it’s due to people being afraid to go to emergency room or see their doctor when issues arise.
That is not true.

That is not true.

It absolutely is. Have you gone thru the data or just regurgitating some facebook post? I went thru their data on their site, and its 100%accurate. But as is the case with so many, you cant change people's minds with facts when they are entrenched in their position. Have a good one.

Do you have a link to an article or data that breaks this down? I would be really interested in seeing these numbers firsthand. TIA.

Do you have a link to an article or data that breaks this down? I would be really interested in seeing these numbers firsthand. TIA.
The death numbers are all available on the cdc website. But a researcher from Johns Hopkins posted a study breaking all the numbers down in depth and the conclusion of the study is that Covid has not contributed to any excess deaths in 2020. Johns Hopkins subsequently pulled the study with no reasoning.

The death numbers are all available on the cdc website. But a researcher from Johns Hopkins posted a study breaking all the numbers down in depth and the conclusion of the study is that Covid has not contributed to any excess deaths in 2020. Johns Hopkins subsequently pulled the study with no reasoning.

Apparently the article you quote was originally published in a Johns Hopkins student newspaper covering Genevieve Braind’s presentation. Here is why it was deleted.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
Apparently the article you quote was originally published in a Johns Hopkins student newspaper covering Genevieve Braind’s presentation. Here is why it was deleted.

Thank you for clarifying this. It reminds me when the CDC said something like only 6% of deaths solely listed COVID as the reason and lots of people with no understanding of medicine took that to assume 94% were inaccurately attributed to COVID. When, in fact, all it actually meant was those people had Co morbidities that also contributed to their death. But we live in a world where “truth” and “facts” are whatever people want them to be and thousands of people who have no idea what they’re talking about will announce that Johns Hopkins is saying there aren’t any more deaths this year when that’s not at all true. It’s simply amazing. But hey, whatever someone’s cousin shares on Facebook is probably just good science.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT