ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic asked for Mount Rushmore of College Football Coaches, didn't like theirs

JerryKutz

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 3, 2022
I like the Athletic. I find it informative and thought provoking.
A recent story asked Who is your Mt. Rushmore of College Football?
Interesting.
Then Ari Wasserman and david Ubben each offered their FOUR coaches.
Ari Wasserman framed the conversation this way: "My approach to the Mount Rushmore prompt was to create a list that I personally identify with. To me, just picking the coaches who won the most games or had the best winning percentage is boring. Anyone can do that. But who were the people that I’ve admired or helped shaped the reason the sport has become my life?
"Like with most things I write, there will be some backlash, and I’m fully prepared for it. Just know that I went into this with the mission of personalizing it and I’d encourage you all to do it that way, too."
I won't tell you who theirs were just yet, until after you share who your Top 4 college football coaches of ALL TIME are.

Who are the people you've admired, or helped shape the game, or the reason sport has become your life?

Like with most things I write, there will be some backlash, and I’m fully prepared for it. Just know that I went into this with the mission of personalizing it and I’d encourage you all to do it that way, too.

My approach to the Mount Rushmore prompt was to create a list that I personally identify with. To me, just picking the coaches who won the most games or had the best winning percentage is boring. Anyone can do that. But who were the people that I’ve admired or helped shaped the reason the sport has become my life?

Like with most things I write, there will be some backlash, and I’m fully prepared for it. Just know that I went into this with the mission of personalizing it and I’d encourage you all to do it that way, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News