ADVERTISEMENT

B10 commissioner recommended spring ball today

Wow .. so the B10 commissioner recommended spring ball today .... major topic of discussion. Announcement to come I would guess soon .. not sure he has the votes ... but it was seriously discussed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...en-prefers-spring-football-season/3326855001/
Doesnt make sense. Gonna mess everything up for what. Play now. All these people saying wait for a vaccine, well ol' dr fauci and these medical people are saying that the vaccine will probably be 50-70% effective. So its just like getting flu shot and u probably will still get the flu. So get the covid shot and still probably get covid.

Reactions: Odel4Pres
Gvillenole
1. each league will make their own decision
2. do not be fooled this would be HUGE for the ACC and FSU
3. the decision would effect them and us for years

some players would leave / transfer - it would effect recruits coming to our games and not theirs and we would make more money than ever and get money from their viewers .. lot of good effect that would last for years .. all while these same conditions would effect them negatively.

THIS PROBABLY WOULD BE HUGE FOR US
@iraschoffel
@Dot Com
thoughts

Dotcom

Pointless on speculating on what the B1G might do, and then how that might impact the ACC. If the B1G cancels the season not sure how that is relevant to the ACC. Nobody in the ACC is playing a B1G team. This season is completely conference driven.

@Dot Com
@iraschoffel

Gene you missed my point. Do you not agree wiht the MAC and Mountain west and if the B10 closes it would help us? I agree it is completely conference driven and we are not playing a B10 team but
1. would we not get more TV $$$ - heck nobody else to watch? ... some OSU / B10 nothern
fans would have to watch us?
2. we could invites kids to games .. they could not?
3. our kids good visit practices and they could not?
4. the decision would be financially crippling for them? take years to work out of hole
5. we comparatively would be in a much better financial state?
6. certainly some juniors and seniors would transfer?
7. less teams to divide the bowl and playoff $$

maybe it ends up being slight but certainly do not see the other leagues hurting us? do you see any detrimental effects on FSU and the ACC if the B10 shuts down or are you just saying it is crazy to speculate at this point

Doesnt make sense. Gonna mess everything up for what. Play now. All these people saying wait for a vaccine, well ol' dr fauci and these medical people are saying that the vaccine will probably be 50-70% effective. So its just like getting flu shot and u probably will still get the flu. So get the covid shot and still probably get covid.

Ever seen forest Gump .. he had a successful shrimp business after a hurricane. he was the only one shrimping

can you imagine if fsu start the season and in October they release a vaccine and by oct / november and the play offs and bowl are 100% full. We have a 100% smokin November while mich and OSU sit home and watch
they have a vaccine that works on young (under 50) healthy folks .. it works and works well. they are now testing in on everyone .. fat old young sick all races and areas of the country .. will see how it works on the general population .. one can only dream

Reactions: SeminoleJM
If P-5 conferences start cancelling, ACC should be the last man standing and see if the networks throw gobs of money at it just to have inventory in the fall.
agreed make comcast by it or dont let them sell it

The reason that if the Big 10 cancels football it will effect FSU, and the other Power 5 conferences is that once the first Power 5 conference cancels, it makes it easy for the other Power 5 Conference directors much easier to cancel the season. They will claim to just be “following protocol” as their reasoning/excuse to not play. Bottom line, once one big player stops, it makes it easier for the others. Plus, after on or two games, if a few teams experience a spike in cases, the conference will definitely cancel remaining games, which again will be easier to do with one Power 5 conference already cancelled.

Reactions: Smileynole
Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska to the Big 12 if the Big Ten postpones/cancels.

No chance, but saw it posted on the Buckeyes board. Would be quite entertaining.

I saw that two .. OSU fans were crazy .. yeah leave the conference ... agreed .. maybe we can let them in the ACC for one year like ND :Face with Tears of Joy:Face with Tears of Joy

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason that if the Big 10 cancels football will effect FSU, and the other Power 5 conferences is that once the first Power 5 conference cancels, it makes it easy for the other Power 5 Conference directors that much easier to cancel the season

The B10 cancelling no concern

the B10 and the PAC-12 .. agreed .. I am concerned ..

no vaccine has ever been 100% and has ever come out this quick. So you’re gonna Force 350 million people to take one for something that Isn’t impacting majority of population under 64? Makes sense

I saw that two .. OSU fans were crazy .. yeah leave the conference F#%^$k the B10 ... agreed .. maybe we can let them in the ACC for one year like ND :Face with Tears of Joy:Face with Tears of Joy

I had no idea how much they dislike their conference commissioner Kevin Warren. The way they talk, it’s almost as if John Swofford we’re running the Big 10.

Ever seen forest Gump .. he had a successful shrimp business after a hurricane. he was the only one shrimping

can you imagine if fsu start the season and in October they release a vaccine and by oct / november and the play offs and bowl are 100% full. We have a 100% smokin November while mich and OSU sit home and watch
they have a vaccine that works on young (under 50) healthy folks .. it works and works well. they are now testing in on everyone .. fat old young sick all races and areas of the country .. will see how it works on the general population .. one can only dream

There will not be an approved vaccine by October. December, if we are lucky. Then....we must manufacture enough of the vaccine, needles, and glass vials, and distribute all of that to the population. Then, there will be a number of anti-vaxxers which will lessen herd immunity. Quite frankly, we do not have the political will to pull this off in an efficient manner. This is going to be a mess.

This isn’t all about the virus. Players from the PAC 12 and Big 10 have issued a list of demands and are threatening to strike.
Talking heads on the radio are quoting “influential university presidents” as saying a postponement of the fall season is inevitable.

Reactions: cleatm
None of this surprises me. In may when we saw covid declining I gave us a 50% shot. By early july felt that dropped to 10%

With these conferences dropping out. I will be shocked if there is a season. No conference wants to play and have an outbreak linked to their games.

What I dont understand is a spring schedule. If covid concerns subside that much then they will be competing with college basketball. Plus it seems weird to play a 10 or 12 game schedule then Cole back 3ish months later and play the 2021 season.

Last edited:
There will not be an approved vaccine by October. December, if we are lucky. Then....we must manufacture enough of the vaccine, needles, and glass vials, and distribute all of that to the population.

This is going to be a mess.

your probably right I have no idea ..
result of the FINAL test in Sept and Oct
then they start issuing vials .. maybe soon maybe december .. no idea

remember ..
1. FDA has change the rules on this and fast tracking the vaccine
2. they already know it works and works well healthy participants ages 18 to 55 years.

seems like they could start distributing / giving prescriptions to healthy folks ages 18 to 55 years .. FDA is breaking the rules on this

419 followers
I noticed that too but like I said at this point anything is possible. Could be bluff by these schools since it seems there are some big ten members not on board with playing. Then there is the tv rights issue. If the Big 10 owns its members tv rights I am not sure how this would possibly work.

Why would you not at least give it a shot? I highly doubt this is all going to work out for a full season, but these aren't 80 year olds with emphysema. As much as everybody is concerned with testing, how about testing for any and all possible pre-existing conditions? Has any athlete in normal health had more of a problem with Covid than they have a torn ACL? Concussion? Stumped toe? Opting out of an entire CFB season for something that's going to last 2-3 weeks and possibly not even exhibit symptoms is fear tactics, now the Big Ten just wants to stay in their bunkers and eat apocalypse food for another year. I'm still hopeful that college football itself will retain some sanity, but the Pac 12 and Big Ten might actually never recover if other conferences go forward while they lose millions

There will not be an approved vaccine by October. December, if we are lucky. Then....we must manufacture enough of the vaccine, needles, and glass vials, and distribute all of that to the population. Then, there will be a number of anti-vaxxers which will lessen herd immunity. Quite frankly, we do not have the political will to pull this off in an efficient manner. This is going to be a mess.
I'm not anti-vaxer but you think I'm lining up and most people will line up to take a rushed vaccine for a SARS virus something that's never successfully been made before what clown world is y'all living in?

your probably right I have no idea ..
result of the FINAL test in Sept and Oct
then they start issuing vials .. maybe soon maybe december .. no idea

remember ..
1. FDA has change the rules on this and fast tracking the vaccine
2. they already know it works and works well healthy participants ages 18 to 55 years.

seems like they could start distributing / giving prescriptions to healthy folks ages 18 to 55 years .. FDA is breaking the rules on this
Breaking rules it'll probably screw up more people that corona I get a flu shot every year I've had vaccine's my whole life as a conscious adult no way am I lining up to take a rush job vaccine for a SARS virus when in our history have they ever been able to successfully make a SARS vaccine. this Vaccine is going to kill or harm people worse than the actual virus. You get herd immunity by living a normal life and protecting yourself and your loved ones best you can. There is no science behind lockdowns and there is no go science behind a rushed vaccine.

I'm not anti-vaxer but you think I'm lining up and most people will line up to take a rushed vaccine for a SARS virus something that's never successfully been made before what clown world is y'all living in?
Dr. Fauci has said repeatedly that the FDA procedures of testing for safety efficacy are not being rushed. They had a head start based on research of prior viruses. The only thing being rushed is the financial investment in distribution. That normally happens after FDA approval, but it is happening now. It's a financial risk. It is not a health risk.

There are currently seven vaccines in Phase 3 trials. We will most likely have more than one vaccine that will work. There's a lot a buzz about Johnson and Johnson recently, but they are not in Phase 3 yet. However they already have the investment to create 100M doses. That's the financial risk if Phase 3 doesn't work.

I will do some research but will in all probability take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to me. We need to get back to normal and that will not happen until the bulk of the population is immune to this virus. I will do my part. 50 to 70 percent effective is good enough. At this point everything is speculation.

Seems like nothing more than rumor at this point. I think we shall find out this week whether there will be any college football in september

Reactions: Smileynole
Beginning of the end of the existing conference structure.
One can hope, current conference layout doesn’t support FSU being elite in 15-20 years.

Need to find a way out of the ACC or find a way for the ACC to be significantly better than its current composition in football if we are ever going to put a dent in the financial gap. Go Noles.

Seems like too many legal hurdles with contracts and agreements. Not sure how you just decide to opt out of a conf for a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT