ADVERTISEMENT

Ben and Jerry's

All I know is a pint of Ben & Jerry's costs $8 now at 711.

$6 is the cheapest I've seen.
Another nothing burger to me as I don't do Ben and Jerry's anyway. Blue bell is way better and less expensive anyway. No politics in their food either.

You know grocery stores have more reasonable prices compared to 7-11 but I dont think they have creamer for the taking.

Here’s the most interesting part of this…

According to Google Finance data, stocks for the company were 0.53 lower by the early hours of Thursday. Unilever, a London-based multinational consumer packaged goods company, owns some 400 brands in total—which makes it unlikely that the slight drop is a direct result of boycott calls facing Ben & Jerry's.

Newsweek contacted Unilever for comment by email on Thursday.

While Ben & Jerry's is a big brand for Unilever, the company also owns Dove, Magnum, Hellmann's, Persil, Knorr, Vaseline and Wall's.

Some company I’ve never heard of owns a ton of random brands. Soap, Vaseline, Mayo, and Ice Cream among others. Kinda wild.

Reactions: BrianNole777

According to Google Finance data, stocks for the company were 0.53 lower by the early hours of Thursday. Unilever, a London-based multinational consumer packaged goods company, owns some 400 brands in total—which makes it unlikely that the slight drop is a direct result of boycott calls facing Ben & Jerry's.

While Ben & Jerry's is a big brand for Unilever, the company also owns Dove, Magnum, Hellmann's, Persil, Knorr, Vaseline and Wall's.

Some company I’ve never heard of owns a ton of random brands. Soap, Vaseline, Mayo, and Ice Cream among others. Kinda wild.
Yeah with that many big brands it would be hard to pin a small drop on just this one part. I think it blows over myself. Who would boycott mayonnaise? I also don't think the ones who would boycott Ben and Jerry's over this bought it in the first place.

You've never heard of Unilever? Right.

Reactions: goldmom
Also, pragmatically how would this work in B&Js eyes? The US gives back huge swaths of the country to Native American tribes many of whom aren’t around or have completely blended into American culture? Who decides what tribe gets what land? Are they now in charge of maintaining all the roads and infrastructure or will they revert back to the old ways? It’s just a dumb thing to even tweet out bc it means nothing. That being said, Chocolate Fudge Brownie is delightful.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Ben and Jerry are two NYC dudes who moved to Vermont and eat granola and pretended they liked nature, etc. - well those down to earth hippies sold to Unilever for $326 million back in 2006 I think?
My husband was contacted by a headhunter on their behalf back in the day and they wanted to see if he might be interested in a Senior VP job and the chance to live in a great place like Vermont.
For $90K a year.
OMG what buffoons. Of course neither one of them was living on that. 😵‍💫

Ben and Jerry are two NYC dudes who moved to Vermont and eat granola and pretended they liked nature, etc. - well those down to earth hippies sold to Unilever for $326 million back in 2006 I think?
My husband was contacted by a headhunter on their behalf back in the day and they wanted to see if he might be interested in a Senior VP job and the chance to live in a great place like Vermont.
For $90K a year.
OMG what buffoons. Of course neither one of them was living on that. 😵‍💫
90K! WOW really rolling out the brinks truck huh? Move way up north for less than what you can make down in the sunshine.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
Also, pragmatically how would this work in B&Js eyes? The US gives back huge swaths of the country to Native American tribes many of whom aren’t around or have completely blended into American culture? Who decides what tribe gets what land? Are they now in charge of maintaining all the roads and infrastructure or will they revert back to the old ways? It’s just a dumb thing to even tweet out bc it means nothing. That being said, Chocolate Fudge Brownie is delightful.

Good points.

Plus, there were hundreds of native tribes and many were fighting each other over land for centuries.

It's not like there was one large peaceful tribe.

Reactions: trunole1
I have never tried their ice cream!
Never will

“ southern man don’t need them around anyhow”!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ohio1nole
I have never tried their ice cream!
Never will

“ southern man don’t need them around anyhow”!

Off topic, but if you have Netflix, there is a good lynyrd skynyrd documentary called if tomorrow never comes. Really good.

Not sure if you are a skynyrd fan but based on your lyric, I’d say you might be

Edit: it’s If I leave here tomorrow.

If tomorrow never comes is a Garth brooks song lol

Last edited:
cancel-cancelled.gif

Not so fast b and j

It appears some Vermont tribes want their land back where your headquarters sits!

Hmmm!
Time for the hippies to practice what they preach!
Yep sometimes its best to keep your ice cream hole shut.

Ben & Jerry's wasn't even on my radar until this thread. A quick look at their Twitter is fairly eye opening.
1 ice cream related tweet to every 20 or so social injustice type posts.

GO NOLES!!!

Ben & Jerry's wasn't even on my radar until this thread. A quick look at their Twitter is fairly eye opening.
1 ice cream related tweet to every 20 or so social injustice type posts.

GO NOLES!!!
I get companies wanting to have a cause. Wildlife, pet rescue, Red Cross or stuff that people mostly agree with. But why dip your toe into a polarizing or potentially political issue? Now they have been called out by a tribal leader. Time to eat that crow guys. Oh yeah and a founder just got picked up by the DOJ for protesting the prosecution of a spy. That should go over like a fart in church.

I guess companies haven't learned yet. Lets see if this one sticks. I think it blows over but who knows.

First, we stole all this land fair and square😉. Second, I saw this morning that Unilever is still doing business in Russia, after they said they were leaving.

First, we stole all this land fair and square😉. Second, I saw this morning that Unilever is still doing business in Russia, after they said they were leaving.
And I'm guessing they have no intent on actually giving back any of the land they occupy.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT