ADVERTISEMENT

Best Buddies International - Looking for help

FSU_Chris

All-ACC
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2005
Friends and Fellow Noles -

I've been a heads down, long hour consultant for 12 years and had little flexibility to really give back and support a local non for profit. After a job change, I recently was able to take a Board of Director position with a national charity but at a local level in Central Florida. I’m working with Best Buddies International which is a nonprofit organization to assist individuals with intellectual and development disabilities (IDD) with attaining five core objectives: (1) forge lifelong friendships; (2) develop life skills; (3) secure rewarding jobs; (4) live independently; and (5) become inspirational leaders.

Each division relies on donations to help give back and support those with special needs in their respective area. The Central Florida division has an upcoming Friendship Walk event which helps us raise a majority of our annual local funds. The Walk will be held on Saturday, May 2nd at 8AM to 10AM at Lake Eola in Orlando, Florida. For any UCF supporters (Yes I actually do because my wife has her Masters from there and my brother-in-law has his undergraduate degree from UCF), Blake Bortles, former UCF quarterback, who is now the starting quarterback for the Jacksonville Jaguars, will be attending the Walk.

I’m looking to drum up donations for this walk and I have web page for anyone who has the means to donate. It is a great cause and something I’m proud to be associated with.

http://www.Bestbuddiesflorida.org/cflwalk/chrisshriver

Thanks for anything you can provide and Go Noles!

Reactions: nolelan
Do you know Sara and Cary Ombres? They are great people. I met them at the Thirty under 30 awards dinner a few years back. Sara and I were honored as 2 of the thirty winners. They work with Best Buddies in Orlando. Great organization

Not yet. I just joined about a month ago and will be meeting everyone at the Walk on the 2nd. I'll definitely look for them though. Appreciate the note.

That sounds like a great charity. The objectives you outlined seem very useful and helpful for those that need it. I'm always skeptical about donating to charities that only list a broad mission statement with few details as to how they plan to help. Good luck with that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT