ADVERTISEMENT

BMW owner acts like....

Funny you post this. Yesterday I'm driving home on I295 with my daughter in the backseat, in the right lane, going at or slightly above the speed limit, and this bimmer runs up on me from behind as though I'm standing still. So I do the gracious thing and maintain my speed, maybe even slow down just a bit, so that I stay parallel to the car in the middle lane.

So of course he whips around both of us, and I can see him weaving in and out of traffic ahead of me, and figure I'll never see him again, while praying he dies in a fire.

I get off on my exit, and there he is, not that far ahead of me, but for some reason, just as he's leaving the on ramp onto the street, he stops. Half in the street, half in the exit ramp, so I pull around him, and it seems like he ran out of gas, just about a block away from a gas station.

Now the thing is, he had already just passed an exit he could have easily gotten off on and gotten gas, but presumably he just had to get off on this one, as he probably lived nearby. But it's still nice to actually get to see karma bite someone in the arse.

Reactions: YogiNole
Someone should do the ultimate Warchant Troll response and join that site and play the roll of the guy that owns the truck and ask for advice on how to deal with a beamer owner that smashed his mirror at the gym.

That guy is such an idiot that it would almost be worth it to call him on his stupidness. What a dickhead.

It's funny - he says the parking lot was practically empty ... So, the likelihood of someone parking right next to him was really low, assuming he parked like a person should. And if he parked far away, the likelihood would be even less, since most people like to park close to their destination.

Brought it on himself, reacted like a child, now he's got legal issues for vandalism ... All while trying to protect his own possession. Ironic.

I don't see anything wrong with double parking an expensive or exotic car. Especially if you live some where they don't offer valet parking. A 100 ticket is better than a paint job.

I don't see anything wrong with double parking an expensive or exotic car. Especially if you live some where they don't offer valet parking. A 100 ticket is better than a paint job.

I don't think a BMW qualifies as either of those and I'm a huge homer for BMWs. It's a common car and unless it's an M-series BMW or a M6, then park your car like everyone else or back way in the back of the lot.

Or, if the parking lot is fairly empty, just go park in the far end, away from everyone, in a single spot. Problem solved. If it's not fairly empty? Absolutely don't take up two spaces.

Nothing wrong with going to the outer part of a parking lot and using two spaces unless said parking lot is mostly full.

aC0MTHv.gif

I don't think a BMW qualifies as either of those and I'm a huge homer for BMWs. It's a common car and unless it's an M-series BMW or a M6, then park your car like everyone else or back way in the back of the lot.

I didn't know I had special privileges because I have an M. Please explain!

You are allowed to park perpendicular to any and all spots, take 4 if at all possible.

I'll find it set on fire when I return. LOL. I never thought much of the M other than a great driving car that fits the kids in the back

I'll find it set on fire when I return. LOL. I never thought much of the M other than a great driving car that fits the kids in the back

I wouldn't let my kids ride in the back of an M6, you're a better parent than I am.

bmw-m6-gran-coupe.jpg

I have a pet peeve of people that act like their 15-20 year old high end BMW/Lexus/Mercedes is somehow a nice vehicle because it originally cost 60k+. Guess what my F150 is worth more than your old outdated car and it probably drives better too.

I wouldn't let my kids ride in the back of an M6, you're a better parent than I am.

bmw-m6-gran-coupe.jpg
Mine is only an M3 so maybe that is why. I had the choice of a regular 6 or an M3 and wanted the hardtop convertible vs the soft with massive blind spot that the 6 has. Maybe the M6 would be past the price point of kids in the back though!

I have a pet peeve of people that act like their 15-20 year old high end BMW/Lexus/Mercedes is somehow a nice vehicle because it originally cost 60k+. Guess what my F150 is worth more than your old outdated car and it probably drives better too.
I don't really care about value. If someone takes care of it, are proud of it, then it is nice to them. One of my cars is a 1998 Corvette Pace Car. I keep it inside, covered, clean and take care of it. It's the lowest value vehicle I own. Just because it isn't worth what a new F150 costs doesn't mean I don't think it is nice and want to keep it that way. Others go out and buy a brand new vehicle and treat it like garbage. I'll admit that I don't treat my daily driver Chevy Volt as good as the Corvette even though it cost me a lot more and is worth a lot more. I've seen guys with low mileage mazda miata's that they love and enjoy and don't want to get ruined. Does it matter that it is a 'cheap' car?

The guy with the BMW seems to really love his car. What he did was stupid but for the truck driver to go out of his way to annoy another person... that is also stupid. Something in the water these days maybe.

Mine is only an M3 so maybe that is why. I had the choice of a regular 6 or an M3 and wanted the hardtop convertible vs the soft with massive blind spot that the 6 has. Maybe the M6 would be past the price point of kids in the back though!

I don't really care about value. If someone takes care of it, are proud of it, then it is nice to them. One of my cars is a 1998 Corvette Pace Car. I keep it inside, covered, clean and take care of it. It's the lowest value vehicle I own. Just because it isn't worth what a new F150 costs doesn't mean I don't think it is nice and want to keep it that way. Others go out and buy a brand new vehicle and treat it like garbage. I'll admit that I don't treat my daily driver Chevy Volt as good as the Corvette even though it cost me a lot more and is worth a lot more. I've seen guys with low mileage mazda miata's that they love and enjoy and don't want to get ruined. Does it matter that it is a 'cheap' car?

The guy with the BMW seems to really love his car. What he did was stupid but for the truck driver to go out of his way to annoy another person... that is also stupid. Something in the water these days maybe.
I don't have anything against taking care of an old car but living on its former glory is just lame. To be fair your corvette is cooler than a 20 year old BMW 7 series. I think luxury car styles just go out of style faster. It probably had the coolest features when it came out but now even cheap new cars have the same or better features so what's the point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT