ADVERTISEMENT

Boubon Theft Ring Busted

Bourbon+Arrests.jpg

What are the odds that on the day that these 5 were busted three were wearing a white T-shirts?

What are the odds that on the day that these 5 were busted three were wearing a white T-shirts?
I'm not sure of the odds but, given how many episodes of Cops I have seen that took place in Kentucky, I'm willing to bet that most of them didn't even have a shirt on at the time of the arrest.

They are going to destroy the bourbon????? They should let me destroy it by filtering it through my liver and kidneys.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
A crime syndicate organized around stolen bourbon, imported steroids and...softball?

You just can't make this stuff up.

"Gilbert 'Toby' Curtsinger led an organized criminal syndicate based at his residence in Franklin County, Ky., that participated in theft and distribution of stolen bourbon, and also imported and distributed anabolic steroids," says Melton. "Curtsinger then utilized connections he had from playing softball throughout central Kentucky to sell the stolen barrels."

They at least knew which Bourbon to steal. Never had the $800 pappy. Stupid criminals. I just don't understand how they didn't think they would not get caught.

If they stole it from the distillery, why would it not be returned to its rightful owner there? Maybe I'm missing something....

If they stole it from the distillery, why would it not be returned to its rightful owner there? Maybe I'm missing something....
I imaging because they can't know if it was tampered with in anyway while it was out of their possession. Don't want to assume that potential liability.

The sealed bottles that were found are actually being returned. It's the bourbon in the barrels that's being destroyed. That's the stuff that they don't want to take a chance on since someone could have tampered with the bourbon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT