ADVERTISEMENT

Bought my airline tix for Tally for Labor Day weekend ... full capacity?

FSU91

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
My mom is 86 and wants to visit Tallahassee at least one more time. We lived there from about 1970-1977 (I was born in Cocoa Beach in 1969, but my dad was from Tally and worked for the state and we moved). My mom's parents also lived in Tallahassee and were buried there. Anyway, my mom wants to get back and visit. She's been there several times over the years visiting me in school and going to games some over the years as well.

Anyway, I want to be able to take her to the ND game. We'll be staying with my best friend (who has known my mom since 1987) "tobynole" who posts here sometimes. But do you guys think that we'll have full capacity for the game? I sure hope so as I want to get some tix for the game.

My mom is 86 and wants to visit Tallahassee at least one more time. We lived there from about 1970-1977 (I was born in Cocoa Beach in 1969, but my dad was from Tally and worked for the state and we moved). My mom's parents also lived in Tallahassee and were buried there. Anyway, my mom wants to get back and visit. She's been there several times over the years visiting me in school and going to games some over the years as well.

Anyway, I want to be able to take her to the ND game. We'll be staying with my best friend (who has known my mom since 1987) "tobynole" who posts here sometimes. But do you guys think that we'll have full capacity for the game? I sure hope so as I want to get some tix for the game.
Curious, why does it matter if it’s full capacity? Tickets are already on sale for that game.... just buy yours now. Good luck and have a hell of a time with mom!

Great for you and your Convoy! Safe travels and hope Mom has a great time!

Reactions: FSU91
Curious, why does it matter if it’s full capacity? Tickets are already on sale for that game.... just buy yours now. Good luck and have a hell of a time with mom!

I didn't know if single game tix were available or not. I'm not buying season tickets.

I'll go and look for tix.

I purchased my flight tickets today as well. Now the tough part is waiting until September with everything being booked/planned.

Reactions: FSU91 and fsu_1_fan
Bama is expecting full capacity.. I think the SEC will allow full capacity, and there is no way the ACC will let the SEC go with full capacity and not join in.

Raised in Cocoa Beach here, great little town. Orange COunty just opened up vaccinations for 40+, so everyone who wants a vaccination will be done by September, cannot see a reason why it wouldn't be full capacity. Son is a freshman living on campus, next Fall is back to full live classes, so should be full stadium.

My years in Tally (1977-1980) were the greatest. We'll all be the same place as your Mom someday and what your doing is outstanding.

Not sure if we'll be at full capacity, but I'd bet we will be closer to a bigger crowd than a smaller one. I'd get your tix asap.

Good luck!

Reactions: MoreToPrideNole850
Raised in Cocoa Beach here, great little town. Orange COunty just opened up vaccinations for 40+, so everyone who wants a vaccination will be done by September, cannot see a reason why it wouldn't be full capacity. Son is a freshman living on campus, next Fall is back to full live classes, so should be full stadium.
My parents were born and raised in Cocoa Beach, their houses were on west park and west osceola. i am almost 40, and until a few years ago when the last house was finally sold, i was there riding the bike to the beach quit often. Now parents are in Satellite Beach.

Reactions: WLaw
My parents were born and raised in Cocoa Beach, their houses were on west park and west osceola. i am almost 40, and until a few years ago when the last house was finally sold, i was there riding the bike to the beach quit often. Now parents are in Satellite Beach.

I’m not from Cocoa Beach, it’s a nice place. I lived in Melbourne from 2016-2019. Right off of U.S.-1, off the Banana River or whatever it was called. Born and raised in Polk County.

Reactions: FSU1096
I have a feeling about that night. About to drop the 300 for a ticket... I HAVE to be there!

• Haha
Flying down from Connecticut for the game. I'm anticipating (hoping?) for full capacity. After what we all have been through the pent up energy released in that stadium for that game will be electric!

The vaccine supply will be available to every adult 3-4 months before the game. There is pent up demand to see big games. As long as a critical mass of the population gets vaccinated variants will be unlikely to replicate in sufficient numbers to keep us from getting back to big events like this.

Hope Mom enjoys the trip! We lived in Tallahassee from 1978 - 2000, would move back tomorrow if we could. Love that city.

Hope Mom enjoys the trip! We lived in Tallahassee from 1978 - 2000, would move back tomorrow if we could. Love that city.
My wife refuses to work in Florida (she's a nurse practitioner and says that the restrictions on scope of practice in Florida are too harsh for her and refuses to work there) so I won't be relocating to Tallahassee. :-(

But I'd love to "winter in Florida" come retirement. Plan on spending a lot more time in Tallahassee once I am able to retire. Not for 14-15 years though.

It all depends on the virus. As we lift restrictions too early, 13 states are now seeing a rise in a cases. Hopefully, we can be at full capacity, but no one has a clue.

Wonderful thing you are doing for your Mom! Gotta believe it will be close to capacity, and I will be there in the CC pulling for a Noles upset. Vaccinations going well here, and 2 week positivity rate in Leon was 2.5% per Democrat this am.

I sure hope so as I want to get some tix for the game.
Surprised, would've thought you'd have season tickets. You better "reserve" some seats at Bullwinkle's if its limited capacity. If its full capacity, you should be able to buy tickets around the stadium.

Surprised, would've thought you'd have season tickets.

I live in Missoula, MT. I have Griz season tickets.

You better "reserve" some seats at Bullwinkle's if its limited capacity. If its full capacity, you should be able to buy tickets around the stadium.

I've either gotten tickets from friends or bought them outside of the stadium for most of my non-student days. Had season tickets for two years when I lived in Atlanta.

But do you guys think that we'll have full capacity for the game? I sure hope so as I want to get some tix for the game.

the only thing that could stop us at this point is a new strain that is immune to vaccine .. we have been this virus and all known strains
we are around 35% vaccinated and should be 55-60% end of april and 75-80% in june .. we are starting to ship vaccine to other countries now ..
that does not even count 15% of population under 20 and %15 already had it .. (maybe drastically higher) and so we should reach hurt immunity may / june ..

again .. unless a new stain arises ...

......due to mass international travel and no longer wearing mask we will see some minor virus cases probably the next two years but it will be like the flu and other common cause and no longer a major cause of death like
  • Heart disease
  • Cancer:
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries)
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases:
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
each state will handle it different but I would be surprised if Desantis does not approve 100% capacity for games and disney this summer once cased drop by 90%

Good lord to the math .. we are hitting 3 million a day on a good day and this numbers will increase in april and may as we add walgreen CVS and site that do not need to keep it really cold

Reactions: QuaZ2002
91 , send me a way to contact U , I hav a couple of xtra tickets for the game. I’d be glad to accommodate U.

Reactions: cleatm

I sure hope so! The nation is on the downhill with COVID and herd immunity is starting to trend in the right direction. It's time to get back to normal sooner than later.

***DISCLAIMER*** This is NOT a political post. Take that somewhere else.

It all depends on the virus. As we lift restrictions too early, 13 states are now seeing a rise in a cases. Hopefully, we can be at full capacity, but no one has a clue.

Show me the hospitalization data. Show me the connection to "lifting restrictions too early" and the comparisons with those states with strict restrictions.
I'll wait . . .

I live in Missoula, MT. I have Griz season tickets.

I've either gotten tickets from friends or bought them outside of the stadium for most of my non-student days. Had season tickets for two years when I lived in Atlanta.
I knew you lived out West. I just figured you'd have season tickets to support the program regardless of location. Wish you a good trip back to Tallahassee; maybe you'll be the good luck charm that helps us pull off an amazing upset.

Didn't necessarily say it was a direct correlation. My point was that nobody knows what the virus will do. Hopefully, as vaccines roll out, the virus dramatically reduces... But then there are other viruses to be concerned about..... Far too early for ditching all concerns of what is now a tapering virus. Unlike you, you don't have to be the smartest guy in the room to still exercise caution. Why do you insist on trying to outsmart a virus with your extremely high intellectual skills? I'll wait............

Didn't necessarily say it was a direct correlation. My point was that nobody knows what the virus will do. Hopefully, as vaccines roll out, the virus dramatically reduces... But then there are other viruses to be concerned about..... Far too early for ditching all concerns of what is now a tapering virus. Unlike you, you don't have to be the smartest guy in the room to still exercise caution. Why do you insist on trying to outsmart a virus with your extremely high intellectual skills? I'll wait............

The media sure seems hell-bent on portraying a draconian future. This morning the national news shows spoke breathlessly of fairly modest changes in 10-15 states.....they seem to be privately itching for more deaths, lockdowns and ruined careers/businesses.

Nah, no "extremely high intellectual skills". I simply seek and respond to objective, empirical data, and base my patient care, my communications to my network and the protection of my family on that evidence. It sure beats engaging in conjecture and speculation and/or being driven and consumed by emotion or fear when not warranted.

And I see I got snark from you rather than a response to my question regarding your emphatic statement about rising cases and lifting restrictions.
I'm still waiting . . . ;)

Nah, no "extremely high intellectual skills". I simply seek and respond to objective, empirical data, and base my patient care, my communications to my network and the protection of my family on that evidence. It sure beats engaging in conjecture and speculation and/or being driven and consumed by emotion or fear when not warranted.

And I see I got snark from you rather than a response to my question regarding your emphatic statement about rising cases and lifting restrictions.
I'm still waiting . . . ;)
I answered your question in the first sentence. What's it like to always feel like you're the smartest guy in the room? You are in impressive company with yourself. I'm so happy for you that you are the only guy in the world whose got this virus figured out. Very impressive indeed. Conjecture. Speculation. Being driven and consumed by fear. Check! There's always One!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT