ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

I don't think there's a bigger "in the moment poster" on Warchant.
LOL! Welcome to the internet!

Degrom pitches another gem .... complete game and throwing 99 mph heat in the 9th.

We try to be grown ups on theses boards.
Really? You sure fooled me.

Part of the post was alluding to a post by someone on here, a grown up I presume, who thought Atlanta May have difficulty making the playoffs given the teams left on their schedule.

JonScott working on a hammer of some kind?
You're not referring to this perhaps?

ban_hammer.jpg

Reactions: seminoleed
Everyone knew the Braves needed bullpen help at the deadline but Anthopoulos chose to drag the bottom of the barrel instead of going after a proven closer. Even with Vizcaino injured. And the Rockies series is what we got. If you want to point a finger, it should be at the GM office.

Reactions: amicusnole
Everyone knew the Braves needed bullpen help at the deadline but Anthopoulos chose to drag the bottom of the barrel instead of going after a proven closer. Even with Vizcaino injured. And the Rockies series is what we got. If you want to point a finger, it should be at the GM office.
Let's just say no one deserves any coffee.

giphy.gif

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Did everything Anthopoulos was going after just fall apart? Surely he did not spend very much time on the trade to get Adam Duvall who is currently 3 for 25 with a BA of .120.

That was a disappointing series. At worst it should've been a split which would have been a good result with how well the Rockies have been playing. Two blown 9th inning saves were a killer.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Let’s be real. We have 6 more games with the Phillies. We can win the East. But does anyone see us making it to the World Series. And if so. No way we could beat Boston or NY in a 7 game set with this bullpen right?

Let’s be real. We have 6 more games with the Phillies. We can win the East. But does anyone see us making it to the World Series. And if so. No way we could beat Boston or NY in a 7 game set with this bullpen right?
What's truly real is that no one ever expected to have this conversation at this point of the season. This team has over achieved which might be why no real moves were made that would've cost prospects.

What's truly real is that no one ever expected to have this conversation at this point of the season. This team has over achieved which might be why no real moves were made that would've cost prospects.

Not to mention Vizcaino's shoulder issues popped up in early June. One would expect a very young team with no closer would have no chance at making the playoffs.

...And once you get in the postseason, anything can happen. It's only a cliche because it's been proven again and again. String together a couple of strong starts and combine that with timely hitting in a short series, and who knows....

Actually, 7 of the last 10 are against Philly.

I fell asleep last night before the end of the game. I fully expected to see the pen had given up the tying and winning runs late but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice job having a 1st inning run hold up.

Winkles was throwing it all over the place but managed to get the job done.

I guess you can say the bullpen makes it exciting.

I fell asleep last night before the end of the game. I fully expected to see the pen had given up the tying and winning runs late but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice job having a 1st inning run hold up.
Thanks to Ender!

Reactions: SoddyNole
Thanks to Ender!

What a throw. Did you think that was a good call or the runner was safe? It was so close and knowing our luck on reviews this season fully expected the call to be reversed.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the bullpen hold on to that one as well. For as good as the Braves have been on offense--especially with two outs--they have been pretty bad at moving baserunners from 2 to 3 and scoring runners from 3B without a hit.

What a throw. Did you think that was a good call or the runner was safe? It was so close and knowing our luck on reviews this season fully expected the call to be reversed.
Based on the home plate angle, I thought it was going to get reversed. But from the outfield camera I thought it was too close to call, almost like a tie, so the call on the field had to stand. Fingers were crossed while waiting on that one! :D

Atlanta has 37 games remaining. If they go 19-18 in those their final record will be 89-73. I would think that would get them into at least the wildcard game.

If they win at the same rate as they have for the full season, they'll finish with 91 wins. For the Phillies to overtake them they would have to finish 24-13.

Atlanta has 37 games remaining. If they go 19-18 in those their final record will be 89-73. I would think that would get them into at least the wildcard game.

If they win at the same rate as they have for the full season, they'll finish with 91 wins. For the Phillies to overtake them they would have to finish 24-13.
As said earlier in this thread, the 7 h2h games against Philly in the final week and a half will decide things in the division.

Braves "starting" pitching has had a good month. If they can continue this trend and and hit the ball well they should win enough to wrap up the NL east. Getting a wildcard spot will be tough considering it may possibly be due to losing the lead from a prolonged losing streak or getting swept by the Phillies. Since the other divisions appear to be stronger, I don't like our chances at that point.

Post season is just icing for this team who by all accounts have exceeded preseason expectations.

Fun year.

For the Braves, I think it's win the Division or bust. Record won't be strong enough to get a Wildcard over some of the western teams.

Just think if the pen didn't blow 2 ninth inning leads against Colorado. The Braves would have the most wins in the NL, a 4 game lead over the Phillies and 9 over the Nats.

The best thing that Atlanta has going for them is a lot of those teams chasing them face each other in intradivisional games. The Braves will benefit from being in the weakest division in the league.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I will have a grin on my face wider than this guy :D if they go another 4-0 against Miami after just going 3-0 at Pitt.

Last edited:
Tough luck loss for Folty last night. After retiring the first ten batters he saw he allowed a double then a single to plate the only run of the game. That was a blind squirrel and acorn scenario for the Marlins.

Good news is both the Phillies and Nats lost last night too.

Magic number 32.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT