ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2021

SoddyNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 9, 2009
Hot Damn folks!

Only 12 million this season which is 6 million less than his 2020 annualized salary. It sounds to me like he valued sticking around more than a few extra million on the open market. Awesome job AA in getting him to sign!

Last edited:
782578789c60ff95c9f9db701dfac609.gif

Braves are really damn good. The NL has some loaded teams between the Dodgers, Padres and Braves. The AL still seems pretty wide open to me. Yankees didn’t get much better, Rays probably got worse, Astros aren’t better, Indians aren’t better. I will say, as a Rays fan, I need to stop doubting the front office.

Looks like they may be adding the DH with the NL next season but will not be in this year. I kind of thought that is why we brought in Pablo Sandoval???

MLB is supposedly using a softer ball to cut down on HR. I get it but don't like it one bit considering how many big hitters we have on the team. We also have a lot of speed too if this ball causes the game to move towards small ball. It is as if MLB has a fun meter and when it gets too high someone in the league or player's union decides it is time to knock us back down from the heights of our enjoyment. :Face with Tears of Joy

Make Bryce Harper hit the deck on the first pitch!

Begin the season with a little dust up. :Face with Tears of Joy

Hitters need to start hitting. This first series was NOT the start we were looking for but a lot of baseball left.

Last edited:
Well an 0-3 start is disappointing. Would've liked to see them play to the weather conditions instead of trying to jack every ball up in the air against an 18-20mph wind. Maybe some extra time devoted to the batting cage will help get some hard line drives going? I felt like Lou Brown in Major League; "Everytime I see you hit one in the air, you owe me 20 push-ups. "

Reactions: NoleLizards
Well an 0-3 start is disappointing. Would've liked to see them play to the weather conditions instead of trying to jack every ball up in the air against an 18-20mph wind. Maybe some extra time devoted to the batting cage will help get some hard line drives going? I felt like Lou Brown in Major League; "Everytime I see you hit one in the air, you owe me 20 push-ups. "
As much as I share your frustrations, is this lineup constructed at all to play small ball effectively?

I'm not concerned. They did this a couple years ago, losing the first 3 at Philly by large numbers, and as I recall, that year ended up fairly good. These games were at least close.

If only Washington were missing at least 15 players Atlanta may have won this one.

Reactions: seminoleed
Ynoa was outstanding .... Jackson always makes me nervous.... Newcomb hitting 99! Matching Strasbourg pitch for pitch!!

I may have missed it .... but why did the Braves pass on Melancon?
Maybe it's me, but I feel like each time we get a shut-down closer who establishes himself (such as Kimbrel and Melancon lately) the Braves let him go and do the closer-by-committee route until someone else secures the role.

Maybe it's me, but I feel like each time we get a shut-down closer who establishes himself (such as Kimbrel and Melancon lately) the Braves let him go and do the closer-by-committee route until someone else secures the role.
No...it's not you.

I feel like the Front Office was pushing for Will Smith to be the closer. Can't believe they didn't re-sign Melancon when he went to SD for only 3 Mil. Either the Braves showed no interest or he wanted to go back out West. Still wish they would sign Shane Greene for depth.

I feel like the Front Office was pushing for Will Smith to be the closer. Can't believe they didn't re-sign Melancon when he went to SD for only 3 Mil. Either the Braves showed no interest or he wanted to go back out West. Still wish they would sign Shane Greene for depth.
We certainly heard Will Smith's name a lot this Spring.

An awful call at home plate .. .his foot never touched the plate

I thought so too and odd that the only replay that clearly showed it was a blown call was replayed once. Ozuna should not have noodle armed the throw from shallow outfield. Two bounces to get to home plate from there, smh ?

I hated to see the 158 win streak come to an end. :p

I thought so too and odd that the only replay that clearly showed it was a blown call was replayed once. Ozuna should not have noodle armed the throw from shallow outfield. Two bounces to get to home plate from there, smh ?

I hated to see the 158 win streak come to an end. :p
Ozuna does not have a very strong arm .... that’s why Philly took that chance from short left ... the Braves often sub for Ozuna for defense in the ninth.

Ozuna does not have a very strong arm .... that’s why Philly took that chance from short left ... the Braves often sub for Ozuna for defense in the ninth.

I did not recall him throwing to home last season but would think any MLB / college player should be able to get it to home from where he threw it.

Mike Petriello

@mike_petriello

Safe or out, good on the Phillies for testing Ozuna's weak arm. Only 77.2 MPH on that throw. Have to try it.

10:00 PM · Apr 11, 2021·TweetDeck

O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT