ADVERTISEMENT

Can I stain my neighbors fence?

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
of course I’m referring to the side facing my property.

What type of wood fence? I don't think they would have any objections as long as it doesn't affect their side unless they want it stained too.

It’s a six foot pine privacy fence.

I’ll just ask them...they are weird cats. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into an issue.

Ask them. My neighbors stained our shared fence but didn’t tell me. I have two very expensive small boats, kayak and a canoe, on a rack next to that fence and the overspray got on their get coats. Needless to say I was less than happy about it. I don’t care about them staining the fence, but they should have let me know before ruining the finishes on $7000 worth of boats.

Ask them. My neighbors stained our shared fence but didn’t tell me. I have two very expensive small boats, kayak and a canoe, on a rack next to that fence and the overspray got on their get coats. Needless to say I was less than happy about it. I don’t care about them staining the fence, but they should have let me know before ruining the finishes on $7000 worth of boats.
Did you file a police report for the damage?

Or at least burn their house down with them inside?

We put up a wooden privacy fence 10 years ago because our neighbor had a faux wrought iron fence our dog could get through . We stained our side dark green and told our neighbor to stain his side whatever color he wanted to look at. If he wanted green, I would have given him our stain. He wanted light gray. I didn’t offer to pay for his stain. Worked out well!

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
but they should have let me know before ruining the finishes on $7000 worth of boats.

KbpVYbO.jpg

ts25.JPG

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Did you file a police report for the damage?

Or at least burn their house down with them inside?
No, aside from that, I like them. I do like them a little less now though.

I did briefly think about it though.

One of them is nearly identical to this, but yellow instead of green and its the high volume version, 19' X 21" and an expedition machine:

Nomad-GTS-Large.png

The other is a custom expedition guide and supply canoe by Mad River in Kevlar with a gel coat.

This one is similar, but mine is 18' long and as far as I know it's a one off custom job made for the owner of a local outfitter that I was able to obtain when he retired.

Wenonah%20Canoe%20Paddle%20on%20Lake%20Musky%201_zpsh2puoaag.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes, you're right. Don't touch that fence!
Reading Skills 101...:cool:
I'm quite sure you have more important skills as well. I remember you had great cooking skills as an example. And building skills, too. In fact, I am redoing my master bedroom. What size mirror would you recommend to balance out the room? I'm looking everywhere and can't quite find the one I would be comfortable with.

I'm quite sure you have more important skills as well. I remember you had great cooking skills as an example. And building skills, too. In fact, I am redoing my master bedroom. What size mirror would you recommend to balance out the room? I'm looking everywhere and can't quite find the one I would be comfortable with.

Hmmm. You're right - I have lots of skills.

Reactions: MagNoleA

Ceiling or wall?

I personally would not want some poor who can not afford his own fence to start messing with my fence, so if asked my answer would be no, which then would probably start a problem.

So my vote is no, you can not stain your neighbors fence nor should you ask to stain your neighbors fence.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT