ADVERTISEMENT

Captain Byron Hadley - Shawshank Redemption

Wiggman

Contributor
Feb 5, 2003
Marianna, FL
I met Clancy Brown (the actor that played Capt. Byron Hadley) last week. Our son's were touring the same college. Shawshank is one of those movies that I cannot surf past when I am clicking through the channels. Pretty cool guy for me (a retired Federal Prison Asst. Warden) to meet.

I did not know he was also the voice of Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob SquarePants!!

He's in the new show Emergence. He actually plays a super nice guy which is weird seeing how most of the roles I've seen him in he's a raging asshole.

Always remember seeing him 1st (I think) in Highlander.
0d1d49b211d58a8922c96113cc3e1c30.jpg

Reactions: Dismas
It's the actor below from Silence of the Lambs...who plays a good guy now mostly:
Silence-of-the-Lambs-Ted-Levine.jpg

Even though Shawshank came out first, I always think of Private Zim from Starship Troopers when Shawshank reruns are on. He captured the brain bug!!!!

Reactions: Bartdog
I met Clancy Brown (the actor that played Capt. Byron Hadley) last week. Our son's were touring the same college. Shawshank is one of those movies that I cannot surf past when I am clicking through the channels. Pretty cool guy for me (a retired Federal Prison Asst. Warden) to meet.

Clancy Brown has starred in tons of movies as a villain & some times a good guy.

He was also the voice of Lex Luthor in the Superman animated series in the 90s.

Clancy Brown has starred in tons of movies as a villain & some times a good guy.

He was also the voice of Lex Luthor in the Superman animated series in the 90s.
What was the movie that he had an incestual relationship with (Cinnamon)? Asking for a friend.

Shawshank is the closest thing I have seen to the real thing...great movie!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT