ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Strong

NorthernNole

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
If Jimbo leaves, I personally think the best candidate to replace him is Charlie Strong. He doesn't seem to be getting any love here, and with his Gator ties and after his Texas stint I can understand that, but I think he would do an incredible job with this program.

For one, I think he was set up to fail at Texas, and never really got a fair shot there. The roster was a mess when he arrrived, he was constantly being submarined by boosters and people of influence, and he was never given the freedom to really implement the program he wanted, like he had at Louisville and like he has now at USF.

He has turned the USF program around in one season, and has done it with a quarter of the talent we have set to come back in 2018. He is a great defensive mind who knows the state and who connects with recruits and their families. He has integrity, and he runs a clean program. I also think he will be loyal, in that he's already left for the big money and the high profile school and that backfired on him completely. At FSU, he would have pressure but it would be an environment that he could work well in and find success in right from the start.

He may not want to leave USF after just one season, but if he did, I think FSU should strongly consider him as an option. Just my 2 cents...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News