ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte- Alex Atkins

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Charlotte fired their coach after a horrible start to the season. I haven’t looked at a “Charlotte hot board” but I’m assuming Atkins will be a name they consider. We need to do whatever we can financially to hold onto him. The Willie buyout is off the books soon so it’s time to start paying coordinators big boy money. I believe Atkins is $880k which is less than half of what elite coordinators are making around the country. He doesn’t call plays and isn’t necessarily an elite coordinator but he’s our most valuable assistant and I’m not sure who’s even close. Are we willing to bump him up to $1.3M-$1.5M if Charlotte starts sniffing around? Can we afford to? How bout Fuller? He’s a middle of the road DC. Do we have the financial resources to upgrade there or is this just what we are? I know money isn’t everythjng and I actually kind of like hiring younger under the radar position coaches like Tokarz but I think coordinators are so so important for us to take the next step and I just hope we’re ready to play ball when the time comes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News