ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago Pizza / Food?

Gonna hit up Purple Pig, Gibsons and some deep dish or Pequods while we are there. Should be awesome.
If you are going for vibe and scene, stick with Gibson’s. If you want a quality steak, along with that vibe and scene, go 1 block north to Maple and Ash. Best steak in Chicago right now. Has been for the last year or so

I don't dislike deep dish pizza but I've had regular crust pizzas that were better. Pequod's is good but you have to make reservations and even then you still have to wait at least 30 minutes once you arrive. When I was in Chicago this past August I stayed at the Drake and I went to Pizano's on State Street. I got the Pat Brickhouse pizza which comes with mushrooms and sausage.

The best pizza I ever had in the Chicago area was a New York style that I got in the suburb of Countryside. I got a sausage pie from a place called Ledo's.
Pizano’s is very good. Can’t go wrong there. Ledo’s is about 10 mins from my house. Don’t love but don’t dislike either

Leaning to trying Lou Malnati's and Pequods for trying the Chicago style pizza. Lots of good suggestions and info. Thank you.

If you are going for vibe and scene, stick with Gibson’s. If you want a quality steak, along with that vibe and scene, go 1 block north to Maple and Ash. Best steak in Chicago right now. Has been for the last year or so

Thanks for the info. Didn’t know about the place. Unfortunately they are booked up.

Munchies - From Deep Dish to Thin Crust

Munchies - Marie's

Chicago's Best - Vito & Nick's

Last edited:
Reactions: RTM58
Look for the red roof. Pizza Huts deep dish pan pizza is the real deal.
On the scene foodie reports by our very own. Go SeaPA. He represents sanity in a world gone up scale. Expecting another report from Denny’s very soon and an expanded discourse regarding the lack of Publix representation in the Windy City...

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
On the scene foodie reports by our very own. Go SeaPA. He represents sanity in a world gone up scale. Expecting another report from Denny’s very soon and an expanded discourse regarding the lack of Publix representation in the Windy City...
He apparently is also a shill for Charmin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT