ADVERTISEMENT

Chief Osceola Stabbed to Death

How could you die two days later because of this? Caught MRSA from the lacerations which then went septic?

Also, in looking at the mug shot it looks like he's smirking a little considering it was taken right after the incident when he thought he'd probably get a year at most (with a clean record), but I bet he's !@#$ing his pants now that he's looking at the very least manslaughter charges.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
That bastard needs to get charged with Murder 2. What a stupid and senseless thing to kill someone over. Caleb was/is one of the most recognized Chief Osceolas. Sad very sad.

Reactions: CJRN
How could you die two days later because of this? Caught MRSA from the lacerations which then went septic?

This is being discussed on the TC and several members knew him closely. It was stated "surgeon missed a wound to his digestive system".

Obit for anyone interested.

That bastard needs to get charged with Murder 2. What a stupid and senseless thing to kill someone over. Caleb was/is one of the most recognized Chief Osceolas. Sad very sad.
I guess they're going to go for Voluntary manslaughter since it was some kind of unplanned escalation. I'd be surprised if he gets more than 8 to 12 years in prison.

Occasionally FL has seen some much tougher sentences for VM, this one was 28 years:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...untary-manslaughter-shooting-death-girlfriend

But looking at a few cases (try googling the name of a big FL city followed by "sentenced for voluntary manslaughter" and you'll see some), a very long sentence is not the norm.

This is being discussed on the TC and several members knew him closely. It was stated "surgeon missed a wound to his digestive system".

Obit for anyone interested.

That would kind of make sense (septic shock)..........but that doctor had to miss some obvious signs, granted nothing concrete, but should have been treating with some broad-spectrum antibiotics nonetheless.

I guess they're going to go for Voluntary manslaughter since it was some kind of unplanned escalation. I'd be surprised if he gets more than 8 to 12 years in prison.

Occasionally FL has seen some much tougher sentences for VM, this one was 28 years:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...untary-manslaughter-shooting-death-girlfriend

But looking at a few cases (try googling the name of a big FL city followed by "sentenced for voluntary manslaughter" and you'll see some), a very long sentence is not the norm.

legally the prosecution could have charged murder, but that is harder to prove and more likely to go to trial, which the state could lose due to a self defense defense or something crazy.

People are going to make fun of us b/c a former mascot got killed?

In the past few weeks, we've had people claim that our university could get made fun of because someone connected to it:
1. is getting a divorce
2. got killed

If someone's going to make fun of the university for these reasons, must be a pretty sh!tty person

Reactions: runkpanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT