YogiNole

Star Player
Nov 12, 2004
Watching Flip or Flop on HGTV:
A. Tarek way outkicked his coverage
B. I might consider buying a house from her
C. Would ... absolutely ... in the renovated house
220px-Christina_2.jpg

Definitely would, obviously. That said, those are two very annoying people. I always root for them to flop. I know, I'm a terrible person.

Reactions: BelemNole
She's hot, but looked really weird on the first season of their show. Not sure if it was hair color, makeup, etc. Strange face at times, but killer body and rack.

Last edited:
She's hot, but looked really weird ok the first season of their show. Not sure if it was hair color, makeup, etc. Strange face at times, but killer body and rack.

She's hot but why must she scream when she speaks.

Big fan of her. Like the "Californian" accent. Tarik was seriously ill last year & a viewer was the one to tell him what the problem was. Can't recall exactly the issue.

Big fan of her. Like the "Californian" accent. Tarik was seriously ill last year & a viewer was the one to tell him what the problem was. Can't recall exactly the issue.

Yeah, pretty bizarre story, really. He had an unusual lump on his neck, which was noticed by a nurser viewer who emailed him telling him she thought he should get it checked out. Turned out to be thyroid cancer, may have saved his life.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20733201,00.htmlhttp://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20733201,00.html

As for Christina, yeah the false lashes are excessive but neck down is solid.

Somewhat surprised she's younger than me, though. Always figured them for mid 30's, but I think that's more of my mentality of thinking I'm younger than I am :D

christina-el-moussa-body.png

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I was watching that show the other day with my wife and she said, "this show doesn't work without her flashing her stuff every so often."

I like this show and both of them. Tarek seems like someone you could enjoy a beer with. My big complaint is they do all this work on a house for really low cost. No way you can redo an entire kitchen for $12k.

I like Israel and his reactions when they find some big problem. You can see he just wants to tell them "You're f****d, dude..."

I like this show and both of them. Tarek seems like someone you could enjoy a beer with. My big complaint is they do all this work on a house for really low cost. No way you can redo an entire kitchen for $12k.

I like Israel and his reactions when they find some big problem. You can see he just wants to tell them "You're f****d, dude..."
The materials they use are cheap and homes probably fall apart in two years.

The materials they use are cheap and homes probably fall apart in two years.

I don't know. They're not builder grade, but they are not luxury home either. Pretty middle of the road as far as cost of material, at least in this part of the country.

Typical Cali girl. Blonde with cute face but NO Ass at all. I love my southern girls and the SoFla Latinas

When did a lisp start qualifying as a "California accent"??

She's hot but the show is tired. Buy fixer upper for a deal. Some huge unexpected problems happens. Still reap a huge profit even with the 'hard' money cost...

She's hot but the show is tired. Buy fixer upper for a deal. Some huge unexpected problems happens. Still reap a huge profit even with the 'hard' money cost...

Every bit of that is staged. There is no way that a flipper who is consistently successful doesn't know these so-called pitfalls are likely present in every beat up junkpile they buy. Like last night. They're almost finished with the flip and suddenly they and the contractor notices the beat up out of code electrical box on the back wall? Who are they kidding?
Same with the roofs. I'm not a flipper or a contractor or a realtor. I am an Association Manager who hires contractors to do repair, replacement, and general maintenance of 30 year old oceanfront condominiums that require constant work and renovation and after a while you accumulate a good bit of knowledge about these things.

I now check in these shows the last 5 minutes just to see the before and after decor. Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers. I get pretty tired of the same formula every time.

Reactions: cmanole
Every bit of that is staged. There is no way that a flipper who is consistently successful doesn't know these so-called pitfalls are likely present in every beat up junkpile they buy. Like last night. They're almost finished with the flip and suddenly they and the contractor notices the beat up out of code electrical box on the back wall? Who are they kidding?
Same with the roofs. I'm not a flipper or a contractor or a realtor. I am an Association Manager who hires contractors to do repair, replacement, and general maintenance of 30 year old oceanfront condominiums that require constant work and renovation and after a while you accumulate a good bit of knowledge about these things.

I now check in these shows the last 5 minutes just to see the before and after decor. Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers. I get pretty tired of the same formula every time.

This is true, would be nice to see a little more reality in them. Showing the pitfalls of the flips. That was the case with one of the shows called FLIP THIS HOUSE, but one of the guys turned out to be a scam artist anyways.

Ironically enough, I was thinking of this thread yesterday when I saw one of the episodes of FLIP OR FLOP actually end in a flop where they lost $3,000 because they bought a house with a giant lot that they couldn't get a permit to build a rental unit on.

I do like the "where are they now?" shows that they're doing with House Hunters.

I enjoy the show RENOVATION REALITIES on DIY a lot for the 'Reality' of it. I've seen some nasty mistakes that could have ended very badly (like the guy that had a chainsaw kick back on him and cut his shoulder, looked terrifying).

Some of the clueless people on there that fail miserably make me feel good about myself. The projects rarely end on schedule, most people only get part of the way done, then have to pay someone to finish the work.

How It's Made is where it's at. New product every-time, and some pretty sick synth-beats playing in the background. No women with fake eyelashes to deter your attention from the quality of the programming. Sometimes, they'll even let you see the person that belongs to the pair of hands making all the products (spoilers, it's a Mexican dude).

This is true, would be nice to see a little more reality in them. Showing the pitfalls of the flips. That was the case with one of the shows called FLIP THIS HOUSE, but one of the guys turned out to be a scam artist anyways.

Ironically enough, I was thinking of this thread yesterday when I saw one of the episodes of FLIP OR FLOP actually end in a flop where they lost $3,000 because they bought a house with a giant lot that they couldn't get a permit to build a rental unit on.

I do like the "where are they now?" shows that they're doing with House Hunters.

I enjoy the show RENOVATION REALITIES on DIY a lot for the 'Reality' of it. I've seen some nasty mistakes that could have ended very badly (like the guy that had a chainsaw kick back on him and cut his shoulder, looked terrifying).

Some of the clueless people on there that fail miserably make me feel good about myself. The projects rarely end on schedule, most people only get part of the way done, then have to pay someone to finish the work.

We also watched that Flip or Flop episode the other night where they lost $3K. My wife and I couldn't recall seeing one where they lost money before. We both asked ourselves why they didn't find out if they could build back there before they bought the property.

We also thought the reasoning they were given about not being able to build on the lot (because they were investors and not owner/occupants) was BS but it is California.

We also watched that Flip or Flop episode the other night where they lost $3K. My wife and I couldn't recall seeing one where they lost money before. We both asked ourselves why they didn't find out if they could build back there before they bought the property.

We also thought the reasoning they were given about not being able to build on the lot (because they were investors and not owner/occupants) was BS but it is California.

I know, what's their big hurry? There's a new show where they're flipping houses in Jacksonville. I caught it the other night. The couple doing it seem more real than Tarek and Christina. Another show like that I really like but I can't think of the name of it. They do remodels though. The dude does all the work and the wife is a really good decorator. They seem pretty down to earth...

I know, what's their big hurry? There's a new show where they're flipping houses in Jacksonville. I caught it the other night. The couple doing it seem more real than Tarek and Christina. Another show like that I really like but I can't think of the name of it. They do remodels though. The dude does all the work and the wife is a really good decorator. They seem pretty down to earth...

You're talking about "Fixer Upper." It doesn't seem to have the ready-made TV drama, which is refreshing. It's a really cool show.

Yeah, I've seen a couple episodes so far where the city they were in had "no additional rental units for investors" building codes. Would be fine if they lived in the house. Seems like a pretty bogus code.

You're talking about "Fixer Upper." It doesn't seem to have the ready-made TV drama, which is refreshing. It's a really cool show.

Love Fixer Upper. Pretty entertaining couple and they seem to really enjoy each other. Like their style as well.

That "Florida Flippers" is interesting because of how different the flips are than the ones in California and Canada, but the show production quality isn't as good as Flip or Flop.

Yeah, I've seen a couple episodes so far where the city they were in had "no additional rental units for investors" building codes. Would be fine if they lived in the house. Seems like a pretty bogus code.

Love Fixer Upper. Pretty entertaining couple and they seem to really enjoy each other. Like their style as well.

That "Florida Flippers" is interesting because of how different the flips are than the ones in California and Canada, but the show production quality isn't as good as Flip or Flop.

Yeah, Fixer Upper is probably my favorite of all of them. And you're right about Florida Flippers seeming more low quality but they haven't been at it that long either. Hopefully it will improve and stay on the air.

I wish one of these crews would come to my house or I could run into the Yard Crashers guy at Home Depot. That would be really cool...

Reactions: dmm5157
My wife and I love Fixer Upper but we find ourselves wondering if a rat-hole like Waco, TX is sustainable long term for a business like that. The wife's designs all seem to be the same too: white paint and distressed wood.

My wife and I love Fixer Upper but we find ourselves wondering if a rat-hole like Waco, TX is sustainable long term for a business like that. The wife's designs all seem to be the same too: white paint and distressed wood.

Interestingly, there seems to be a lot of development in Waco. I presume most of the new money is oil services related or Baylor. The new Baylor football stadium on the Brazos is really nice, wish FSU had a similar type setting.

aside from his superhot wife, this is what makes the show kindof interesting. They don't always win.

aside from his superhot wife, this is what makes the show kindof interesting. They don't always win.

That was the only time I've heard of that they didn't even with their 'hard money' cost which is probably a bogus cost they use for tax purposes. The show is entertaining and they do nice work but it's more of a reality show in a lot of ways than a home improvement show. Did y'all see the one when their truck got stolen?

Which is perplexing because Waco is a dump.

Baylor's new stadium looks pretty cool. I've heard you can drive boats up to a marina and walk up to the stadium.

Yep; having several billionaire and millionaires as alumni is a good thing.

Baylor-Stadium-new-from-water.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT