ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching staff concerns

seminolepassrush1

Star Player
Feb 8, 2008
I am a little concerned about the way ahead and future of my Noles. Almost nothing I feel makes me feel good about our future and most of it comes down to our willingness to spend money like our competition especially in our state. My deepest concerns within our own program comes with coaching staff upgrades. We still have not announced anything about our WRs coach position which common sense tells me that Dugans is not getting in done in developing talent or recruiting new talent. Hes been here 3 yrs and the room is so bad we have had to turn to the transfer portal to remake the room. No talented high schoolers are choosing to come here. That's terrible.

Other changes I would like to seen made would be upgrading the tight end coach to a better developer and a recruiting monster and obviously Thomsen has a great deal of respect from Norvell because it makes no sense to have 20 tight ends and not one that I see as a good prospect to do anything. Wouldn't bother me if any of them left for the portal even Cam McDonald. Hes been on the field for 3 yrs and dont ever hardly do anything. Time to move on in my opinion just like they did with the receiver room to upgrade it. Really hoping we fire Dugans and move coach yac to WR's coach. It's a reason his nickname is coach YAC and it's not because of running backs and then hire a super recruiter as the running backs coach such as Jujuan Seider. That would be a homerun hire. Very happy with Atkins. The jury is out on the new QBs coach Tokarz. Never heard a recruit say they had a connection to him but I always hear them mentioned Dilly, Ryan Bartow, Kenyata Watson, Atkins only from the offensive side of recruiting.

In my opinion we could have done better with that hire since yr 3 is important for Mike Norvell. He has to win. It's bad enough that both of our main competition in states standards are higher than ours because both fired their coaches who had winning records and much more success than Mike Norvell. Hes currently 8-13 and we kept him. See Dan Mullens and Manny Diaz records and you'll understand what I'm saying. My biggest concerns are that I've never seen a coach ever turn around a 8-13 start ever! Not sure Mike Norvell will be the 1st.

Now on to the defensive side their were improvements on field at every position except linebacker and we got rid of the big problem there but I'm still not sold on Fuller as our defensive coordinator and I think this decision will be the one that will be the undoing of Mike Norvell. We can do better than Adam Fuller at FSU!! Fuller is also not a very good recruiter at all and do not have any connections in the south. I can actually live with the other coaches that we have on the defensive side although most are supremely high on Woodson and he is a great recruiter, I dont think losing him is that huge a deal either except for his ability to be a great recruiter. Sadly he is the best recruiter on the defensive side of the ball. My opinion of Woodson was my exact feeling about Dilly. He is a great recruiter but I know we could have done better with replacing him but i don't see it as a huge loss.

Now what really concerns me is watching these other teams land coaches teams like Miami who hasnt even hired a staff yet but with just Cristobal has murdered us on the recruiting side with no staff. Look at the optimism hes build essentially by himself and single handedly stole some of the biggest recruiting needs from us! That's a huge story to follow. He got N Kelly, Jaleel Skinner, Wesley Biasanthe and is about to land Coleman all of whom we needed in the worst way. This is without a coaching staff even hired. They believe in him. He also has a huge budget for hiring a crazy staff and that really concerns me. The names I am hearing he is bringing to Miami has me really worried. So I'm monitoring this whole situation. Also look at the staff Dan Lanning is bringing with him to Oregon. That's really impressive to me. So with all that being said we got to get better. Sorry for the long post and look forward to hearing your comments.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News