ADVERTISEMENT

Collegetown Restaurant to close

goldmom

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Jacksonville
I think it will be the first one...
Centrale Pizza...it's on the same side of the street as MadSo.

I'm not at all surprised. A friend and I had a long (and needless wait) to be seated, the service was not at all competent, and the food was at best a C-
Hopefully it will be reinvented as something else and soon.

Hello, Centrale is a concept from For The Table and sorry about your experience. We had a ton of loyal support and following but in this business you do not hit the mark for everyone.

Our lease was for five years and we were the third tenant at the space. All in and all there have been four locations in CT that have closed before us for various reasons.

The lease was completed and we simply wanted to move on to new projects. The decision was simply renegotiation that did not happen between two parties and the desire to launch our new Cascades rooftop project, Charlie Park, as well as the focus on our catering company, Social Catering and Events.

Have eaten there a few times and can say I am not surprised as well.
Need to open the new "Phyrst" there.
Most of the youngins here never had the chance to experience a bladder bust....

1f41e696b79f662598baf355c48825fb.jpg

I think it will be the first one...
Centrale Pizza...it's on the same side of the street as MadSo.

I'm not at all surprised. A friend and I had a long (and needless wait) to be seated, the service was not at all competent, and the food was at best a C-
Hopefully it will be reinvented as something else and soon.
Totally agree! Meal at Centrale was the worst dining experience in my 30+ years in Tally.

I thought there was a Mexican place from when College Town first opened that was the first to go.
There was but not sure if it is still there. I went when I was in Tally to see clients and it was awful. They somehow ran out of chips at like 6pm. We were the only table with people at the time and our waitress would come over every 30 minutes or so and could not be found otherwise.

I live here and haven't been to any of these Madison Social places. I figure they're not for me, lol! With students back for in-person classes in the Fall it should really help that area. The Indigo Hotel should be very much in-demand during football weekends.

The rooftop place at Cascades looks very intriguing. That entire project has exploded into a very nice development and I look forward to more downtown eateries.

Cascades TLH

I live here and haven't been to any of these Madison Social places. I figure they're not for me, lol! With students back for in-person classes in the Fall it should really help that area. The Indigo Hotel should be very much in-demand during football weekends.

The rooftop place at Cascades looks very intriguing. That entire project has exploded into a very nice development and I look forward to more downtown eateries.

Cascades TLH
In town on April 23-24 for graduation. Stayed at Indigo. Honestly just a so-so hotel in a great location (vis-a-vis Doak and other University activities). But the overnight street noise was incredible. Motorcycles and other loud-banging music up and down the street literally all night. I'm no prude, but I've outgrown that stuff (especially when I am paying $900/per). I suspect that place is BEGGING for FSU football to rebound quickly. I assume the place is a ghost-town 80% of the year.....no way are the legislative types staying down there.

In town on April 23-24 for graduation. Stayed at Indigo. Honestly just a so-so hotel in a great location (vis-a-vis Doak and other University activities). But the overnight street noise was incredible. Motorcycles and other loud-banging music up and down the street literally all night. I'm no prude, but I've outgrown that stuff (especially when I am paying $900/per). I suspect that place is BEGGING for FSU football to rebound quickly. I assume the place is a ghost-town 80% of the year.....no way are the legislative types staying down there.
$900 per night? Did the room come with a hooker?

Some will enjoy the "atmosphere" more than others. I certainly wouldn't either.

$900 per night? Did the room come with a hooker?

Some will enjoy the "atmosphere" more than others. I certainly wouldn't either.
It was a “suite,” but they obviously jacked up the price for graduation. Whatever. All kids are now FSU graduates, and my return travels to Tallahassee will be, well, “select.”

Reactions: Random_John
The decision was simply renegotiation that did not happen between two parties and the desire to launch our new Cascades rooftop project, Charlie Park, as well as the focus on our catering company, Social Catering and Events.
The view from the rooftop project is amazing (based on the photos) but I perused the menu - I take it you aren't catering to a crowd that contains testosterone! lol https://charlieparkrooftop.com/menus/food-menu

The ladies here in town deserve nice places like this. Maybe there will be a burger joint or a place serving po boys on the ground level.

How was parking for the hotel?
We were in some adjacent parking garage, so it was workable. I think they hit me for $18/night for parking, which is fairly standard in my experience. I have not stayed at Indigo for a football game, so I don’t know what parking would look like on those occasions.

We were in some adjacent parking garage, so it was workable. I think they hit me for $18/night for parking, which is fairly standard in my experience. I have not stayed at Indigo for a football game, so I don’t know what parking would look like on those occasions.
I had hoped to be able to stay there for a football game weekend just for the experience...I know it will be hugely expensive and imagined it'd be loud.

We usually stay at the hotels further East on Gaines street for games (Hampton Inn, Residence Inn) Recently we stayed in the newest one the Hyatt House...it was real nice. You do hear the train in the middle of the night though in those.

...the memories are a bit foggy
I recall bladder bust bring a very long line out front with even more people piled inside into a very confined space. I don't know how many people per sq foot the fire laws permitted back in the mid 80's but the Phyrist had to be breaking them all.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT