ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Patrick and Devin.

Good luck and long careers in the NBA.

Hopefully Trent can catch on with a team as a FA.
Bill - my youngest son actually went to Elementary school with Devin until about 4th grade, if I remember correctly. Then his family moved to another school cluster where he played in H.S. (Peachtree Ridge). Never understood why he didn't get any real D-1 offers prior to deciding on FSU. But glad he did get one from Coach Hamilton. It has been a joy to see him play the past two seasons. Turned on the NBA draft the other night to see where he would go (unfortunately right after Williams was selected) and wish them both all the best. For us its cool to see a local kid make good!

I teach in the Peachtree Ridge cluster, and one of the teachers on my team coached him at Hull MS before he moved up to the Ridge. Met him once his senior year, and you haven't met a more polite, well mannered young man. Asked him about playing for Leonard, and he see he welcomed the challenge, that "Coach likes players
who think defense first." Really happy for him as well as WIlliams.

Bill - my youngest son actually went to Elementary school with Devin until about 4th grade, if I remember correctly. Then his family moved to another school cluster where he played in H.S. (Peachtree Ridge). Never understood why he didn't get any real D-1 offers prior to deciding on FSU. But glad he did get one from Coach Hamilton. It has been a joy to see him play the past two seasons. Turned on the NBA draft the other night to see where he would go (unfortunately right after Williams was selected) and wish them both all the best. For us its cool to see a local kid make good!

Hamilton has a reputation for finding the diamond in the rough kind of player.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT