ADVERTISEMENT

CoronaVirus article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the drug treatments I’m taking everything with a grain of salt until the research is announced in 3-4 weeks. My guess is it falls in the middle of being a complete flop and being a miracle drug. If any one of these treatments was working that well we’d have endless anecdotal evidence coming out every day.

Reactions: goldmom
I'm not anti vaxxer for flu vaccine, small pox, etc. But I'm assuming those vaccines have YEARS of study and history behind them. I am NOT going to take some Coronavirus vaccine with 6 months of study/research. I'll take my chances....

Maybe, but why does POTUS take it as an opportunity to bash others? Food for thought
I think that was pretty obvious. The company also backed his campaign pretty heavily.

Regardless, the drug appears to have some benefit but there are reports of people having seizures, which is a side effect. It's not some miracle cure. The tests so far have been small with no control group.
so a $3000 investment in a French pharmaceutical company is newsworthy? $3000 for a guy with net worth over $1B. How unbelievable does this get?
I just looked at my portfolio...I have Dodge and Cox Funds invested in Sanofi too. DAMMIT I can't be trusted...next thing you know Warchant will be overrun with Goldmom Derangement Syndrome (GDS).

Of course some will say I am deranged, so there is that. :confused::rolleyes:

Can we just hope some drug company somewhere comes up with something that will save lives?

so a $3000 investment in a French pharmaceutical company is newsworthy? $3000 for a guy with net worth over $1B. How unbelievable does this get?
I just looked at my portfolio...I have Dodge and Cox Funds invested in Sanofi too. DAMMIT I can't be trusted...next thing you know Warchant will be overrun with Goldmom Derangement Syndrome (GDS).

Of course some will say I am deranged, so there is that. :confused::rolleyes:

Can we just hope some drug company somewhere comes up with something that will save lives?
I'm not worried about the small investment. The company that makes it is part of a larger group that contributed heavily to Trump, which is not surprising.

Regarding the drug treatments I’m taking everything with a grain of salt until the research is announced in 3-4 weeks. My guess is it falls in the middle of being a complete flop and being a miracle drug. If any one of these treatments was working that well we’d have endless anecdotal evidence coming out every day.

Sorry this is long, but I have lived through the medical push and tug. It was a passion of mine because we were able to save lives, but had to fight way too long to do it.

There is a ton of anecdotal evidence of the drugs effectiveness in the form of 30 patents here and 10 patents there. But science and medicine do not accept and rarely acknowledge anecdotal evidence.

I spent a good portion of my 30’s and 40’s in the medical device industry. We produced a product that detected cancers in the breast in stages one and two when it is treatable instead of stages three and four where it is often not. We argued for literally 5 years after all of the clinical studies were done to have it adopted in the screening protocols. The argument against the product was we already find 100% of all malignant cancers. Well, duh. But was it caught in time to save someone’s life. The product in now standard of care in mammography, but millions died who didn’t need to before the tests were accepted into the medical community.

The Hippocratic oath says do no harm, and the medical community takes that oath very seriously. Even when the abundance of caution may be costing lives. And the act of adoption of any medication that may cause scarcity for others who depend on it while only having anecdotal evidence that it works, would violate the oath.

The point is the medical community has been working to very lengthy and laborious protocols for al very long time. It is going to take some leader with a less than perfect data set to bring a therapy forward. And if it happens it will be met with a bunch of criticism from a portion of the medical community.

Last edited:
Kind of difficult for "Big Pharma" to make a lot of money giving away a product all over the world that has been in circulation and has many competing manufacturers don't you think?

If I was going to delve into such ridiculous conspiracy, I would question why the resistance to use a cheap/free existent product and wait on the first company who makes the initial product that will cost thousands per dose and be an enormous windfall for said company.

That is how you yield some serious Super-green and not the type that one would smoke.

Kind of difficult for "Big Pharma" to make a lot of money giving away a product all over the world that has been in circulation and has many competing manufacturers don't you think?

If I was going to delve into such ridiculous conspiracy, I would question why the resistance to use a cheap/free existent product and wait on the first company who makes the initial product that will cost thousands per dose and be an enormous windfall for said company.

That is how you yield some serious Super-green and not the type that one would smoke.
LOL, I don't smoke, but after seeing some of the posts on here, I might need to take up the habit just to not take it so much to heart. I'm not saying someone is getting super rich over off of this stuff. What I am saying, is that following the money is usually the right answer when a decision doesn't make complete sense. There is not compelling data, at this point, that suggest hydroxychloroquine is an essential means of treating this stuff. What would be the reason why the leading infectious disease doctor in America, and countless other doctors in the field, have to discredit or not fully endorse it if it was the case?

Reactions: goldmom
I've taken it seriously the whole time. He didn't "make a mistake." He is not Joe Schmoe out on the street that only sees what is on the TV at night and got bad info from fake news. He is the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world with all the data available to him. He ignored it and knowingly went and shook hands with individuals that he knew had a highly contagious respiratory illness. He ignored calls for social distancing and precautions by stating that herd immunity would protect everyone. Sorry don't feel bad for him.
Ultimately, herd immunity IS the only thing that will protect the population. There is a tremendous amount of truth in striving for herd immunity. The genie is out of the bottle. She is not going back in.

I think that was pretty obvious. The company also backed his campaign pretty heavily.

Regardless, the drug appears to have some benefit but there are reports of people having seizures, which is a side effect. It's not some miracle cure. The tests so far have been small with no control group.
Theres a ton of data in regards to the side effects. It's only been prescribed for 55 years. Theres also significant evidence that it does help this virus. Does it help every single person...maybe not but if what's your doctor feel is best...then why not???

Reactions: FreeNole and F4Gary
I'm not worried about the small investment. The company that makes it is part of a larger group that contributed heavily to Trump, which is not surprising.
Who cares? If they make a drug that works why do you care so much? You do realize that the majority of companies donate to both sides of the aisle at the same time? You obviously have an agenda to just bash POTUS whenever you get the chance.

That link is to an alleged murder suicide, linked to reponse to this virus. Surprised there's not more.

Here is an interesting article. Not sayin', just sayin'.
The guy admits he is not a doctor but seems to have a grasp of the biology....I/he could be wrong...or not...

Theres a ton of data in regards to the side effects. It's only been prescribed for 55 years. Theres also significant evidence that it does help this virus. Does it help every single person...maybe not but if what's your doctor feel is best...then why not???
What significant evidence? You mean extremely small tests with no control group?

Who cares? If they make a drug that works why do you care so much? You do realize that the majority of companies donate to both sides of the aisle at the same time? You obviously have an agenda to just bash POTUS whenever you get the chance.
Maybe he should stop giving people something to bash him for every time he speaks.

Reactions: csklad
Maybe he should stop giving people something to bash him for every time he speaks.

I watched it. Go back watch the entire thing & you might actually understand what the conversation was about. If you left DC to come vote you & the media would've bashed him over that. If you dont like him then dont vote for him. There have been plenty of POTUS I havent liked but never wanted them to fail during a crisis. I dont believe I've seen this before. We are in a pandemic of a lifetime & there are people like yourself rooting for the president to fail. Says a lot about you.

What significant evidence? You mean extremely small tests with no control group?
No I'm talking about the results that are happening in this country & other countries like South Korea & France. Look you can always refuse it if you want to. Just tell your doc "theres been no control group". Lol...I dont care.

I watched it. Go back watch the entire thing & you might actually understand what the conversation was about. If you left DC to come vote you & the media would've bashed him over that. If you dont like him then dont vote for him. There have been plenty of POTUS I havent liked but never wanted them to fail during a crisis. I dont believe I've seen this before. We are in a pandemic of a lifetime & there are people like yourself rooting for the president to fail. Says a lot about you.
Where are people “rooting” for him to fail. That’s a deflection. We observe his shortcomings and there are plenty. When he dies something worthwhile, I’ll certainly give him credit for it. But what he says matters, how you don’t give that credence is very telling

Where are people “rooting” for him to fail. That’s a deflection. We observe his shortcomings and there are plenty. When he dies something worthwhile, I’ll certainly give him credit for it. But what he says matters, how you don’t give that credence is very telling

That sounds very disingenuous. There is virtually nothing he can do that a certain group will not do everything possible to put in the worst light possible. If you cannot identify anything he does that is worthy of some merit, it can only be explained by the judgement being motivation of rage or hate. In either case it is irrational.

No, posting crap about Trump talking about Mail in Ballots (which has nothing to do with what we were talking about) is a deflection when you're being called out. People rooting for him to fail...you obviously dont watch the news. BTW...some of the stuff youve posted is very telling.

Last edited:
Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
The guy has been out of DC and in Florida more than any president in US history yet you think he was concerned about leaving DC to vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT