ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Day Part V (Glorious does not even begin to describe it)

uwfengineer

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2015
FSU BEAT SCUM. SUCK IT CANDY CANES!! FMFFM
- Jermaine Johnson. The dude is just a beast. Enough said.
- 7 TOT, 5 Solo, 3 Sacks, 5 TFLs, 1 FF
- Jordan Travis. Helped us win the game with his arm. Major improvements.
- 18/26 passing, 274 yards, 22 carries, 62 yards
- (Johnson and Travis will need back surgery in a few years due to the weight of this team they carry.)
- This was Omarion Cooper’s coming out party. Great game!
- Brownlee made some bad plays but they mainly came after he got nicked up. Lead the team with 10 tackles so credit where it is due (no matter how those tackles came to be). I am rooting for you young man!
- Credit to the coaches for grinding out this win. Not perfect but a win over Scum does not need to be perfect. Just win.
- Offense: 31 pts. First to 30 points wins. Check
- Defense: Held Scum to less than 30 points. 3 turnovers. Check
- Special Teams: Don’t suck. I will give them a check. 3 field goals and great punts.
- To those of you at the game, THANK YOU!! That crowd was amazing on TV and the recruits noticed. Your attendance helped this team win this game and maybe some recruiting battles!
- What this team accomplished was absolutely phenomenal. Admit it, you thought the game was over down 28-20 with Travis in the locker room. I certainly did. The crow was very tasty.
- Yes, we are still 4-6 but this win must help with the locker room and recruiting. Worry about issues on Monday. Enjoy the win!

- I am reminded of this post by one of my classmates in my project management class in a discussion thread:
“’A weak, uncooperative team isn't just unproductive it can make your job a daily grind of frustration and resentment...Conversely, many people cite the strength of a team or their terrific teammates when recounting how they survived a project when everything seemed to go wrong’ (Verzuh 2016, 295). This quote is likely applicable in some way to every person who has worked on or been a part of a team. A high-performing team goes beyond a team that gets the job done. A high-performing team is a rare instance in which each individual reaches two milestones. First, each team member can effectively utilize their respective skillset to the maximum benefit of the team. This requires the other team members to recognize how their skills and those of their teammates optimally fit together. The second milestone is when individual team members put the success of the team ahead, in professional priority, of their personal success.”
– Jermaine Johnson and this team tonight in a nutshell.

(Reference: Verzuh, Eric. 2016. The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management. 5th ed. Hoboken: Wiley.)

- Side note, I loved Gene throwing shade at Flanagan at the start of the game. He basically said that he recognized Flanagan by his voice. Floyd did everything he could to mask his laughter and bite his tongue. If it wasn’t already official, this guy is the GOAT.

Now onto the other games.
Rivals:

UF/Samford – FU won but at what cost? 70-52 (FU gave up 42 pts in the first half!)
- They did beat their FCS opponent so be careful with the trash talk.
- With that said, Mullen is toast if we beat. Man, I really hope we beat them.
- SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!!!

The ACC (Does anyone else miss the wheel of destiny on College Football Final?):

Pitt/UNC – Pitt controls their own destiny. You are welcome for eliminating Scum for you!
- Game went into overtime. Pitt almost blew another game. Stop it!

VT/Duke – VT blew out Duke. Fuente saved his job for now. No one cares. Moving on.

BC/GT – BC will not be easy next week. Gotta hunker down and beat this team. Keep our bowl hopes alive!

Lou/Cuse – 41-3. Ouch! Shrader looked human and Cuse got blown out. Babers may be done if he isn’t already.

Clem/UConn – We beat UMass 59-3. UMass beat UConn 27-13. Clumpson only beat UConn 44-7. Therefore, we are better than Clumpson. Head-to-head doesn’t matter (at least to the playoff committee. See Mich/MSU).

ND/UVA – ND wins 28-3. That makes ND, what, 23-0 against the ACC in the regular season?
- ND keeps making us look better. We should have beaten them.

WF/NCSU – ACC Atlantic Championship Game! (Makes me want to puke!)
- SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!!!
- Wake’s defense sucked less than NCSU's,
- Too bad that NCSU defense did not show up last week. Go figure.

Games people may care about:

Ole Piss/A&M – Ole Piss won 29-19 and no one is surprised. Does this loss drive Jimbo to LSU? Be on the lookout for a Christmas tree!

MSU/Aub – AIR RAID!!!!!!!!!!! The Leachers come back from 28-3 and score 40 unanswered points to win 43-34.
- Game bled over into the start of ours so screw you ESecPN!

Arky/LSU – Arky wins the golden boot by making a field goal in overtime. Gotta love that Briles offense!

Bama/NMSU – 59-3 Bama

UGA/Tenn – Tenn pulled a fast one on us. Showed up early then disappeared. Magical!

OSU/Purdue – No upset by Purdue this week. 59-31.

Iowa/Minn – Iowa with a good win. Big 10 football at its finest. 27-22.

Mich/PSU – You almost had it Penn State! Does Harbaugh finally have his playoff team? We will see. 21-17.

MSU/Maryland – Good bounce-back win for MSU. Walker III could win the Heisman. (Don’t laugh. Who do you have winning the Heisman?) 40-21.

Baylor/OU – 27-14 Baylor. Dave Aranda has something going on there.

Cinn/USF – Looked a little better but USF is still a bad team. OU losing helps their case.

OkSU/TCU – Damn! OSU wins 63-17! Could this be OSU’s year!?!

ISU/TT – Texas Tech beat Chubba’s future team on a last-second field goal! 62 yards!! 41-38.

Kansas/UT – Kansas with the upset! 57-56 in OT on a 2-pt conversion!
- Sarkisian really has his work cut out for him. Can’t wait to see what SEC Shorts says about this one!
- Kansas fans chanting: SEC! SEC! Brilliant!

SDSU/Nevada – I do not care about the results. I am just here to say that SDSU’s punter is just phenomenal. SDSU pulls off a close one. 23-21. Now 9-1.

Ore/WSU – It was close for a little bit there, but Oregon pulls away late. Like, past midnight late. 38-17

UTSA/USM – UTSA is still undefeated. Playoff busters!

Shootouts:
- WF/NCSU, OSU/Purdue, MSU/Aub, ISU/TT, Kansas/UT, FU/Samford (BWAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHA)

Close/crazy games:
- FSU/Scum, WF/NCSU, Mich/PSU, MSU/Aub, Iowa/Minn, Arky/LSU, Pitt/UNC, ISU/TT, Kansas/UT, UU/Ariz, ASU/Wash, Ole Piss/A&M, FU/Sam, USCe/Mizz, GSU/CC, SDSU/Nev

CFP Top 25 Losses:
#8 OU, #11 Texas A&M, #16 NCSU, #17 Auburn, #19 Purdue - A little tame this week. Come on college football!

I look forward to next week! Go Noles! Beat the mighty bandanas of BC!

a3f0815c7df8bddce591f86c44ed7cef.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News