ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Day Part VI (Glorious yet a Little Annoying)

uwfengineer

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2015
FSU defeated their opponent: The Zebras of the ACC (Another Crappy Call). BC just happened to be on the field at the same time.
artworks-000419142603-w5u543-t500x500.jpg
FEqV08RWYAEkFxh.jpg

The Negatives:
- These refs just suck. Nothing else to it. If they were out there simply to help BC the whole time, then they did a horrible job covering their tracks. Just ridiculous. Thankfully, we won DESPITE the shenanigans by these clowns. Referees across all levels of football ought to be ashamed of that display. Obvious bad calls (in random order):
- Targeting on J-Rob (our current J-Rob, he has earned the name more than the last one)
- DPI on Duke Cooper
- OPI on Wilson
- Illegal formation on D-Wash.
- Illegal hands-to-the-face on R. Cooper
- Unnecessary Roughness on the punt return
- Delay of game on our second-to-last drive
- Hear me out. The play clock seemed off. Maybe I am wrong. Also, they called the penalty right when the play clock hit zero. Usually, there is some kind of half-second to one-second grace period there but we did not get that. I bet BC would have gotten that grace. Speculation of course.
- All the non-holding calls on BC. My goodness was BC holding almost every play.
- That was bad coaching by Norvell on that 4th down delay-of-game debacle. Need to fix stuff like that.

The Positives:
- Keir Thomas: Could have had 8 sacks today. Went full beast mode today!
- 7 TOT, 7 Solo, 2 Sacks, 3 TFLs, 6 QB Hurries
- Jermaine Johnson. Still a beast. Great distraction that allowed others like Thomas to shine.
- 3 TOT, 2 Solo, 0 Sacks, 1 TFLs, (Almost 1 FF), 2 QB Hurries
- Jordan Travis. More improvement with his arm. Very different offense when he throws now.
- 20/34 passing, 251 yards, 13 carries, 26 yards
- Kalen DeLoach! Best game of his career by far. Looked like a LB from the 90’s today with how he was hitting and how he covered! Great job young man!
- 7 TOT, 6 Solo, 2 TFL, 1 PD, 1 hug tackle that got us that safety!
- Omarion Cooper kept his momentum from last week going. Great game!
- Cut Brownlee some slack folks. That guy covered their best receiver for 3.5 quarters. He gave up that deep touchdown after the WR may have pushed off (and not called of course). The guy is doing great out there. He just needs to not have those one or two boneheaded plays per game.
- Credit to the coaches for grinding out this win despite the officiating!
- Offense: 24 pts. Got up early in the game and also scored on the opening drive of the second half.
- Defense: Held BC to less than 30 points. Came through when it mattered most. 1 turnover. 2 points from the safety.
- Special Teams: Didn’t suck outside of one KO. 1 field goal and 3 great punts inside BC’s 10 yard line. Special Teams only gave up one big return on a kick-off. It was at a bad time, but I will take just one big mistake since it did not cost us points on the return itself. Punting setup that safety.
- To those of you at the game, I heard you! Great job!
- We are now 5-6! Still a crappy record but phenomenal since we started 0-4. We are 5-2 in our last 7 games!
- Win or lose next week, the accomplishments of this team are indescribable. This team has some guts since they did not quit. They continued to better themselves each week and strove for excellence. Great job guys!

Now onto the other games.
Rivals:
UF/Mizz – Remain calm. Remain calm. Remain calm. WHO AM I KIDDING! THE TURDS LOST! BWAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
- This loss was the best-case scenario for us: Close gut-wrenching loss in overtime.
- Mizzou converts the two-point conversion to win it in OT.
- The Mizzou QB straight up falls on his behind. As he was falling, he chunked the ball in the endzone to a wide-open receiver to win the game. You cannot make this stuff up!
- We have them right where we want them! Go get 'em next week boys!

Scum/VT – Not gonna lie. I hate Scum as much as any sane and rational person does, but Scum winning this game is not a bad thing.
Why?
- Diaz keeps his job for now.
- VT is one more loss from most likely missing a bowl, breaking their bowl streak. We need this to happen so that they do not break our streak. Go UVA!

The ACC (Can we just get out of this conference already?):
Lou/Duke – 62-22 Louisville. Cunningham could have broken some records if they did not let off the gas.

WF/Clem – Clumpson blew out Wake 48-27. The real ACC Atlantic Championship the way the media was playing this game up.
- Stop with the “Clemson offense is back” bs. Wake’s defense is just downright terrible. Army……ARMY put 56 on them! You know, the triple-option running team that feeds off killing the clock! So just stop!
- NCSU or Wake better win next week. There is not enough junk in my stomach to puke up if Clumpson backs into the ACC Championship game.

ND/GT – ND blew GT out 55-0. Dear lord! How does GT’s coach even get on the bus after that! Imagine what UGA is going to do to them next week! Just put the game on ESPN+ just to show GT mercy.

Pitt/UVA – Pitt wins 48-38. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!!!

NCSU/Cuse – NCSU blows out Cuse 41-17. Babers is done

UNC/Woffard – No one cares. UNC won 34-14. Wait, just 34-14!?! Well, at least they beat their FCS opponent.

Games people may care about:
SEC: UGA, A&M, MSU,UK, and UT all blow out there beat-em-up teams. LSU was a little closer.

Bama/Arky – Woah! Arky made it close in the end! Doesn’t matter though. Bama wins 42-35.
- Bama is not unbeatable (Jimbo beat them for crying out loud)
- Auburn stinks but the Iron Bowl is in Auburn so who knows how that may go down.

USCe/Aub – (Proceeds to spit out my tea after seeing the score). USCe beats Aub 21-17!
- Is it possible that USCe upsets Clumpson this year? I actually hope so. Screw the ACC nonsense!

OSU/MSU – OSU takes MSU to the woodshed: 56-7 (49-0 at halftime!)
- This is what $90 million dollars gets you MSU! I hope it was worth it!

Mich/Maryland – Michigan is a really good football team. 59-18 over Maryland!
- It is a shame (for UM) that they lost to MSU. The UM-OSU game should be interesting next week!

Wisky/Neb – Nebraska just can’t win. 35-28 Wisky. Neb is 3-8. We are not Nebraska!

OSU/TT – SHOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOoooooooo……………wait, what!!! 23-0 OSU?
- Change the first O to a U! SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
- A shutout in the Big 12 makes me think we are in the Twilight Zone.

Baylor/KSU – 20-10 Baylor.
- The Big 12 is turning into the SEC and the SEC is turning into the Big 12.
- I guess the SEC is just making OU and Texas feel right at home. Weird.

OU, WV, and TCU all have close wins in non-shootout games. Big 12 really is the SEC now. Just without the championships.

Utah/Ore – What! 38-7 win for Utah!
- Maybe Cristobal’s mind is somewhere sunny. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

UCLA/USC – 62-33 UCLA. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!

Cinn/SMU – Cincinnati helped their CFP case with a 48-14 win over 8-2 SMU. Not bad at all. Oregon losing helps too.

UTSA/USM – UTSA is still undefeated. Last-second TD for the win! Still playoff busters!

DII: UWF/Newberry – My alma mater blew it. Really sucks considering the great season they had. Go get ‘em next year boys!

Shootouts:
- Pitt/UVA, EC/Navy, AF/Nevada, UCLA/USC (Slow week this week)

Close/crazy games:
- FSU/BC, Pitt/UVA, EC/Navy, TCU/Kansas, WV/UT, Wisky/Neb, Iowa/UI, UTSA/UAB, SDSU/UNLV, AF/Nevada, Col/Wash, Bama/Arky, Mizz/UF, USCe/Aub

CFP Top 25 Losses:
#3 Oregon, #7 Michigan State, #10 Wake Forest, #21 Arkansas (Just 4? Booooo!!!)

It is Turd hate week! We need all who can go to Hogtown to go and root for our boys! We are one win away from bowl eligibility! Let’s send the Turds home bowl-less and demoralized! Go Noles!!!

3532fd41ee64dd58f44d477ccead76e4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News