ADVERTISEMENT

Did you read Joe Schad's Article?

SchmidtyNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2007
One thing FSU offers that LSU doesn't is huge especially considering FSU is every bit more of a National Program than LSU is. That one thing would be: JOB SECURITY.

I read Schad's article that quoted sources within LSU's athletic department. The jist is that Miles is getting fired because LSU isn't consistently in the National Championship hunt. The source is quoted as saying "If we were in the National Championship hunt then we wouldn't be having this conversation." Fine. Every school especially elite schools like FSU and LSU should have that as their standard. But Les Miles is 110-32 in his tenure at LSU. He has won a National Championship at LSU and played for another one. And yet they are prepared to fire him. Based on Jimbo's comments on that very thing I think that would be a Red Flag for Jimbo is he were even considering going there. At FSU we expect to compete for National Championships too, but we aren't going to be jumping ship for 11-2 seasons and competing in and winning New Year's Six Bowls.

If they'll fire Les, what happens if Jimbo goes 10-2 three years and a row and loses to Bama three years in a row which is about what Miles is doing? Are they going to fire him too? I know Jimbo would love to be challenged by Bama but I have to believe he'd rather go into playing Bama with the FSU team he'll have in 2017 than what LSU currently has right now. Louisiana is a fertile recruiting ground but no state in the country can hold a candle to Florida High School talent and in particularly South Florida.

I don't think Jimbo is going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News